Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Dual Spec - It's a must! (NOT ACs)

Enigma

Duel specs are not a must, in fact they are a product of watered down MMOs that caved in to a lazy, whiny community. In real MMORPGs we pick a role, build a character and learn to play that character. Like DPS? do it and stick with it. Like to Tank? make one and learn to play it in every setting, PvP or PvE. Stop trying to turn this game into the garbage many of us left behind.

Yep, take it back to the days of corpse runs and enforced grouping while we're at it.

This is the progression of MMOs... well video games in general. One of the side effects of the last 5-6 years of gaming is that most players expect certain things to be present as a default. UI customization, quest markers and (arguably) the ability to have multiple specs.

Edited by Tolil

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ever heard of the word convenience?

and the argument i made is just for RAID/operations what ever you want to call them.

but for somebody that want to PVP and PVE different story it will help them.

You and Guzul need to get together and get on the same talking points. You both are arguing polar opposite points trying to both claim dual spec is needed. It's kinda of funny.

You didn't play WoW very much, did you? If your tank quits after getting his gear, you wasted your time on a selfish ***** who would never be happy. MOST tanks stick around out of loyalty and dedication. They can't get anywhere without the rest of their buddies also getting gear unless they leave for a new guild which would give them a guild hopper reputation and no one would want to take them.

I think you need better examples. Because why bring a pure DPS when you can bring a guy who can both tank and DPS?

I played the same class 5 years in Wow. I don't want to roll an alt. Why not bring a class that do 5% more dps? All pure dps were needed in WoW. Have you did any hardmode? In Throne of the fourth wind (something like that) a rogue was needed. Without it was really really to do hard in 10 man.

Still you need 1 tank in an operative and 1 in a flashpoint. So there is one who will only run flashpoints or respec everytime he wants to raid. So, that mean you are ready to run the same flshpoints 1000 times for your guildies? You will be never bored or anything else. You will never want to try another role.

You and Guzul need to get together and get on the same talking points. You both are arguing polar opposite points trying to both claim dual spec is needed. It's kinda of funny.

you being in here telling people it is not needed all because YOU dont want it is funny.

also look up the word convenience.

I don't know how to operate on a bad heart valve but I do know having a bad heart valve is bad.

like i said how do you know dual spec is bad? where is the proof? evidence? what you going to show forum post of people saying they dont want the feature? but yet WoW hit it all time peak around the time feature was put in?

so please show this evidence of a game being bad with this feature.

use a better metaphor that was no where near related to dual spec.

Edited by genmyke

I don't know how to operate on a bad heart valve but I do know having a bad heart valve is bad.

But surgeons are able to attempt to repair a bad heart valve. People that don't have bad heart valves are not affected by it and are able to ignore it. Meanwhile, we are constantly bombarded with infomation and advice on how to ovoid the problem all together.

Not sure exactly how that transcribes over to this topic, but there you go :)

But surgeons are able to attempt to repair a bad heart valve.

Maybe I can dual spec as a surgeon and make some $$$$!

People that don't have bad heart valves are not affected by it and are able to ignore it.

I am pretty sure that just because you don't have a heart problem it doesn't mean that if a loved one or friend had one that it would not have no effect on you.

HAHAHAHAHA it's the worst example I ever heard. Wow, just wow... Ok now I know for sure you are just trolling. At least you are funny.

- Bad heart can kill you.

- Dual spec can... kill you OMG!!!!!

like i said how do you know dual spec is bad? where is the proof? evidence? what you going to show forum post of people saying they dont want the feature? but yet WoW hit it all time peak around the time feature was put in?

so please show this evidence of a game being bad with this feature.

use a better metaphor that was no where near related to dual spec.

So because I don't know the solution, which is as complicated as this whole dual spec argument itself... Then there isn't an issue?

???????

Poor logic.

WoW hitting it's peak had nothing to do with dual spec.

Because WoW taking the lazy way out that means ALL games should take the lazy way out? Does that justify it? No. Instead of calling for the same old ****, why not call for some innovation? That's what I'm trying to do, though I really don't care to go into it. I'll just boil my argument down to the simplest form because that is all anyone does in order to defend dual spec.

Edited by Vaegaknight

HAHAHAHAHA it's the worst example I ever heard. Wow, just wow... Ok now I know for sure you are just trolling. At least you are funny.

- Bad heart can kill you.

- Dual spec can... kill you OMG!!!!!

If only that was said. It wasn't thou, sorry.

It was in response to:

"if you dont know a solution how do you know dual spec is a bad one?"

You know, the silly idea that unless you know how to fix something you can't know that it's broken.

So because I don't know the solution, which is as complicated as this whole dual spec argument itself... Then there isn't an issue?

???????

Poor logic.

WoW hitting it's peak had nothing to do with dual spec.

so how did WoW hit its peak? im pretty WOTLK brought in these features for convenience only

like LFD and Dual spec.

dual spec is not complicated at all it is just a hated feature with no real reason behind and alot of people will hate it just for the fact WoW has it.

so please show proof of how dual spec is bad?

this is just as bad as the origin vs steam arguments.

No it isn't. To take WoW as an example (though I didn't play it much, it does seem to be the main thing people use). People didn't roll Hunters and then cry that they couldn't be healers, yet they could quite happily spec for pet tanking and then on a whim change to a fragile as glass pet and go melee.

Here people can spec into the heal tree and not be as effective at DPS, but then on a whim decide that they might want to just play DPS for a PvP match or the raid needs a dps instead of a healer. It adds flexablility.

So your argument is that only some people are entitled to the benefit of dual speccing? Why let an arbitrary thing like ac choice stop us. Why not let people dual spec in any ac they like? What's the difference? How does it affect you in any way?

Because WoW taking the lazy way out that means ALL games should take the lazy way out? Does that justify it? No. Instead of calling for the same old ****, why not call for some innovation? That's what I'm trying to do, though I really don't care to go into it. I'll just boil my argument down to the simplest form because that is all anyone does in order to defend dual spec.

lazy?

ok since you like to call people lazy how about you create a game with no problems for features it seems you have all the answers if you dont have a answer then how do you have any input on the matter at hand?

so how did WoW hit its peak? im pretty WOTLK brought in these features for convenience only

like LFD and Dual spec.

dual spec is not complicated at all it is just a hated feature with no real reason behind and alot of people will hate it just for the fact WoW has it.

so please show proof of how dual spec is bad?

this is just as bad as the origin vs steam arguments.

Haha. Subsriber peak =/= The peak of the game. The game did NOT peak with Wrath. It went into decline. It peaked during TBC.

I don't hate it just for the fact WoW has it. Rift also has it, but I don't have a problem with that system because their class system was virtually designed around picking and choosing your level of utility.(Dual classes, much?)

It's bad because it waters the game down. It has the possibility to exclude some classes(And again, just because it worked in WoW doesn't mean it works everywhere just the same.) MMO's used to be about perfecting your class. Your spec. Not shifting through whatever is convenient at the time.

It breaks down the purity of the game. A game where your choices should matter and should have an effect on how you play that game.

Should we destroy purity for convenience's sake? That's what WoW has done and LOOK AT IT. It is a deep, slippery slope to homogenization all around. No one wants that. Not even you.

Like I said, I don't know the solution. But I'm sure someone far more clever than I could come up with something both innovative and imaginative without recycling that same crappy idea that to me, makes the game less fun.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.