Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Dual Spec - It's a must! (NOT ACs)

Enigma

If people rerolled healers or tank then that would fix the ratio also.

Yeah you still need 1 tank 1 healer and 2 dps in a flashpoint. You will have alot of difficulty to find a tank to gear up your alt in a flashpoint if everyone reroll an alt to meet the operative ratio (1:2:5) You see more dps.

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you just reading the posts that say its a good idea?

People have told you why its a bad idea, I guess your not looking and only want to see what you want.

uh no ive played games with the feature so i know it is a good idea to begin with.

It's clear to me that dual spec AKA the way WoW does it now is the optimal answer for this situation.

People who hate WoW simply because it is WoW need not comment, as that perspective isn't sensible.

I hate WoW because of what it became after Vanilla/TBC. Because of the type of MMO gamers it has bred. Because it is used as the example for all other MMO's when honestly? It shouldn't be. It has turned into a HORRIBLE game. There's no defending it! I'm sorry.

so YOU dont want it? and you have no reason why either.

so in other words you are in here just to argue just for the sake of it.

what is false about people wanting this feature? oh right you cant come up with a answer about it.

like many have said dual spec is a "want"

You do realize you cut-off part of my post when you hit the quote button, right?

And what's with the straw-man? I never said people didn't want the feature. People clearly do.

Here's the whole thing again, maybe you'll answer it this time:

You didn't answer my question.

I'll answer yours. I'd rather not see it added. So I post in threads countering the silly/false reasons those who do want it throw out.

Now, will you answer mine?

If dual-spec offers no advantage, why are you advocating for it?

You're right. It does offer an advantage. Against the "pure" classes. Snipers/Marauders come to mind.

Buff pure DPS damage and then I'll more than willingly accept the ridiculous utility boost the other classes will get.

for the love of god you are NOT 2 specs at the same time.

You're right. It does offer an advantage. Against the "pure" classes. Snipers/Marauders come to mind.

Buff pure DPS damage and then I'll more than willingly accept the ridiculous utility boost the other classes will get.

It will be interesting to see their reply.

Are you just reading the posts that say its a good idea?

People have told you why its a bad idea, I guess your not looking and only want to see what you want.

Oh, you're talking about all the posts that complain that we'll all be flooded with bad healers? That's the only semi-good argument I've seen against duel specing; and even that is a poor excuse for an argument because, as I've said before, it isn't up to other people what toon you play, only wether or not you make it into their "will group with again" book.

Newsflash - all games are different. Dual spec isn't anything we need for SWTOR.

yes SWTOR is sooooooooooooooooo different honestly only thing different is you have a storyline for your class everything is easily compared to WoW i mean EVERYTHING

That tanks are a part of a group doesn't translate into dual-specs are needed.

One need to go dps. In some fight 2 tanks is better. Why he should be the only one to pay 100k credits. Do you understand the ratio or not? You need 1 tank, 1 healer and 2 dps in a fashpoint (4 man). You need 1 tank, 2 healers, 5 dps in an operative (8 man) So someone need to respec. The enrage timer make it impossible to have 2 tanks in some fight.

Have you done any operative? More I read you more I think you only do some dailies and pvp.

for the love of god you are NOT 2 specs at the same time.

No, but why take a pure DPS class when you can take a DPS sorcerer who can also heal efficiently when necessary? That pure DPS class? Can only DPS. There'd be no need for the Snipers/Marauders of ToR. You might not be healing all the time but the OPTION is powerful.

People need to stick to their choices, the roles they want to play.

He didn't claim that.

he pretty much did

read the bold

So the tanks need to roll alt but not the dps. It's fair...

Yes. It's quite fair, thanks. Because you know what? Tanks and healers get into groups much easier than DPS. There's always a flood of people wanting to do damage(Most of them badly) So the tanks and healers have a much less painful time finding groups for flashpoints or guilds for raids.

Fair? Life's not fair. Sorry babe.

No, but why take a pure DPS class when you can take a DPS sorcerer who can also heal efficiently when necessary? That pure DPS class? Can only DPS. There'd be no need for the Snipers/Marauders of ToR. You might not be healing all the time but the OPTION is powerful.

So we shouldn't be able to respec at all? What about the tank you need only one time or 2 in 8 raid boss? He switch for an alt or you replace it for the fight you don't need it?

So we shouldn't be able to respec at all? What about the tank you need only one time or 2 in 8 raid boss? He switch for an alt or you replace it for the fight you don't need it?

Oh you should be able to respec. Just not on the fly. That's stupid.

So that tank gets both a tank AND a DPS spot? At the same time?

You were speaking of unfairness. BAM. You just pointed out an example of it.

that makes no sense how i can heal well if im not spec into heals? the dual spec we want you can NOT change during COMBAT you can only be 1 spec not 2 at the same time you can only change it out of combat.

Yeah you still need 1 tank 1 healer and 2 dps in a flashpoint. You will have alot of difficulty to find a tank to gear up your alt in a flashpoint if everyone reroll an alt to meet the operative ratio (1:2:5) You see more dps.

Yeah because when you start doing operations you are going to combine 2 flashpoint groups. And we all know guilds only have 8 people in it and cant have anyone as a backup or a casual raider.

But anyways (players a listed a-h with their alts having a 1 next to them)

group 1

a-tank

b-heal

c-dps

d-dps

group 2

e-tank

f-heal

g-dps

h-dps

group 1

a1-dps

b1-dps

c1-tank

d1-heal

group2

e1-dps

f1-dps

g1-tank

h1-heal

now for any fight you have the ability to have 4 tanks,4 heals,8 dps.

You also would not have a problem finding a tank or a healer for you alt group either.

he pretty much did

read the bold

I did, I suggest you re-read it.

"Buff pure DPS damage and then I'll more than willingly accept the ridiculous utility boost the other classes will get."

Some classes have two options, DPS and Heal or DPS and Tank. Others have DPS or DPS. Dual spec would give those with two different choice a huge utility leg-up (the ability to fill multiple roles in a group) while those classes with only DPS options are pretty much screwed.

You're denying that dual spec is a massive boost to a class's utility?

If so - you've lost any sort of argument you were trying to have here.

Goodbye.

so where is this boost i get for being asrenal spec? and healing offspec when needed? las ti check snipers do AMAZING damage your argument is invalid who doesnt want a IA in their OP group for the crit buff?

think about it that for a second.

Yes. It's quite fair, thanks. Because you know what? Tanks and healers get into groups much easier than DPS. There's always a flood of people wanting to do damage(Most of them badly) So the tanks and healers have a much less painful time finding groups for flashpoints or guilds for raids.

Fair? Life's not fair. Sorry babe.

If they have such an easy time then why do you need a duel-spec so you can tank or heal instead.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.