Maintenance hitting EU Primetime! LOL times updated

JoxerNL

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

As with most EU issues of note, Chris is nowhere to be seen and probably just a "yes-man".

Pretty sure I'm going to unsub if the servers go down. Disgusting lack of commitment, and not even a word of apology in the announcement.

They must know this backlash is coming, but they don't even attempt to pre-empt it with apologies, explanations or requests for patience. My interpretation? They don't give a **** as long as US customers don't miss a single minute of gaming!

Why does it take 8 hours for maintenance? Is this the only time they are backing up the database? I doubt it, so what can take them 8 hours every week?

I don't work at BW so I can't answer that, but weekly maintenance seems to be on an 6-8 hour thing. We mostly have been able to get in early than that but..

Edited by Powerhowse

So why isn't the EU server status OFFLINE when it's freaking OFFLINE!!!!!!!

Why Standard?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Can keep posting this for um 3 more hours until they MIGHT be back online... something I DO NOT THINK THEY WILL!

AND WHEN THEY ARE BACK ONLINE MORE EXPLOITS AND BUGS WILL BE INGAME!

ARGGH!:t_tongue:

Pick One:

1) Patch with emergency downtime to try to fix major issues with PvP.

2) No emergency downtime so that you can play as normal furthering the imbalance in PvP

1) Patch with emergency downtime to fix a minor issue that affects perhaps 3% of the Euro playerbase(most people haven't even hit lvl40 yet, let alone lvl50 on Ilum), which will dramatically reduce or even entirely remove everyone else's time to play the game.

2) No emergency downtime, a patch tomorrow during the regular morning-start slot, and 3% of players play Warzones instead of Ilum for one evening.

We're not talking about a server-shattering economic exploit here, anyone who doesn't wish to experience the problem can simply not go to Ilum, and they can just as easily revoke Valour earned through the issue tomorrow as they can today.

Seriously, PvP'rs need to remember that we're a minority outside of games designed to cater to us, and stop being such entitled gimps - a few people getting some Valour through questionable means is not worth depriving the entire Euro playerbase of 3/4 of their primetime for.

OMG THE EU WILL HAVE TO GO A DAY WITHOUT PLAYING A GAME!!! Ive never had to stop before....seriously? if they brought them down around anytime you wanted for your time another would suffer and being that most of the population of the game plays in the US they bring it down around those times and woa 10AM for me I wont be able to play untill about 3 or so...plus its an emergency patch, every game I know of has always brought them down around the same times this one is doing why is this ones time so special? Just looking for a reason to complain.

shock horror game goes down to fix somthing thats broken shock horror,

Get a grip the game is going to get down time every mmo does christ I remember when WoW was down on a bank holiday weekend and it was off line for 3 days,

Bioware are damned if they do and damned if they don't

You can always go play Real Life,

I'll watch some tele when I get home in 2 hours instead of enjoying starwars,

Or I might stay on the forums and feed on the tears people are crying because they can't play a game for a little bit

1) Patch with emergency downtime to fix a minor issue that affects perhaps 3% of the Euro playerbase(most people haven't even hit lvl40 yet, let alone lvl50 on Ilum), which will dramatically reduce or even entirely remove everyone else's time to play the game.

2) No emergency downtime, a patch tomorrow during the regular morning-start slot, and 3% of players play Warzones instead of Ilum for one evening.

We're not talking about a server-shattering economic exploit here, anyone who doesn't wish to experience the problem can simply not go to Ilum, and they can just as easily revoke Valour earned through the issue tomorrow as they can today.

Seriously, PvP'rs need to remember that we're a minority outside of games designed to cater to us, and stop being such entitled gimps - a few people getting some Valour through questionable means is not worth depriving the entire Euro playerbase of 3/4 of their primetime for.

You could say that, but there was huge threads about it yesterday. After yesterday I would want to patch the game as quick as possible.

UPDATE: This maintenance period is now scheduled to begin at approximately 9:30AM CST (7:30AM PST/ 10:30AM EST/ 3:30PM GMT/ 4:30PM CET) on 1/19 and end at 1:30PM CST (11:30AM PST/ 3:30PM EST/ 7:30PM GMT/ 8:30PM CET).

I can only LOL about this

Good grief!

Most people are either at work or school. And if you're not at either one of these during this time slot mid-week, why not pull yourself away from the machine and get some fresh air?

MMOs are not meant to be a substitute for real lfe.

Pick One:

1) Patch with emergency downtime to try to fix major issues with PvP.

2) No emergency downtime so that you can play as normal furthering the imbalance in PvP

That's a bit closed minded isnt it?

1. How many non-pvp ers are there ( consider the RP and PVE servers....)

2. If it is that a big issue when it comes to PVP inbalance, why has the server been up during the whole prime time of the US? If it's an issue that's that important/big/<fill in>, then it should have brought down when the issue was found.

I mean, this is downtime from 430pm GMT+1 to 930pm GMT+1, whether or not this is a normal weekday or not, its the time the EU and other more eastern positioned countries compare to the US will want to play.

Lets make a deal here: every odd week all patches, fixes and maintenance go down in US primetime, the even weeks it goes for the rest of the world.

Edited by DarianeKamutsovy

Good grief!

Most people are either at work or school. And if you're not at either one of these during this time slot mid-week, why not pull yourself away from the machine and get some fresh air?

MMOs are not meant to be a substitute for real lfe.

What if you just *********** came from "fresh air" as in labor and now you wish to play ?

EU Shafted what a supprise.

You know everyone regardless of region has put up with a lot of crap recently Bugs, useless Customer Service etc etc but taking the servers offline in the middle of EU Prime Time? You seriously think this is a good idea? This is a decision that has gone through senior management and not one person thought oh thats when all the EU players will be looking to play? Not one of you thought of that? Incompetent Idiots.

Takes a lot to piss me off and I hardly ever respond to forums but this takes the biscuit.

Last Time I checked the game (which I enjoy a lot thanks dispite the inevitable bugs) was aimed at a global market not just everyone in the US but these kind of decisions that seem to be made continuously are seriously starting to test my patience and my open mind.

And yes I would feel just as frustrated for those int he US if it was int he middle of their Prime Time as well.

Listen to the community for once postpone this idiotic, misguided down time to the normal downtime hours tomorrow.

Unfortunately I am guessing these decisions came from someone at the top who looks at money figures and their annual bonus and not at the community leaving the poor people on the forums with the yellow text as just the messengers for incompetent sernior managers.