Taking a break and Im gona let SWTOR grow!

WoD-ZeeRoX

I want to say that I had really fun with this game when I leveled up my character, it was an amazing feeling, choosing my path and getting my companion and sending them on missions.

My companions became a part of my character, but it feels like, when I reach level 50, they only surve the purpose of sending them away, resulting in no more use for them in combat. Im not sure what other people think, but I really wanted it to be possible to have the companion by my side when I do PvP and groups.

After I have seen the endgame and heard people talking about it too, I decided to let SWTOR rest for a while and let it grow, it is a good game and have great potential.

I will cancel my account for a couple of months and I will still keep checking forums and check the patches they implement and the feedback they getting for doing so.

I'm sure one of the things that they are working on is a new planet that will serve as a daily quest hub and eventually grow into the staging grounds for some sort of epic encounter that we might actually end up caring about. Companions will serve a useful purpose once more, but I really think that flashpoints and PvP and raids are better off without them.

I want to say that I had really fun with this game when I leveled up my character, it was an amazing feeling, choosing my path and getting my companion and sending them on missions.

My companions became a part of my character, but it feels like, when I reach level 50, they only surve the purpose of sending them away, resulting in no more use for them in combat. Im not sure what other people think, but I really wanted it to be possible to have the companion by my side when I do PvP and groups.

After I have seen the endgame and heard people talking about it too, I decided to let SWTOR rest for a while and let it grow, it is a good game and have great potential.

I will cancel my account for a couple of months and I will still keep checking forums and check the patches they implement and the feedback they getting for doing so.

kinda glad i didnt make it to 50....kind of like having a pet for X job. either way, really hope the game grows into something good...i dont buy games that suck(heck, i buy ~1-2 games a year). other than launch everything else in this game has been kinda whack.

So, do I.

From my point of view, the game was released too early, unpolished. What about beta testing?

The graphic engine and the lack of graphic options (what about allowing to hide Pets, for example?) were a bad choice.

I'm very sad for Bioware, but i won't pay for that game.

I'm gonna probably get my main up to 50 and then keep an eye on the patch notes to see what's happening with the big patch in march and such, to see if they make the sort of improvements I want (quality of life stuff mainly [hoods + masks etc.]) and if they do i'll give it another go. But there are some other fun MMO type titles coming out this year.

Had fun levelling so far though.

Sooooo you completed EVERYTHING? all the content in game, datacrons, bonus quest, PvP, all FP's, dailies, crafting, social aspects, companion relationship, all space missions, all codexes (sp), the brand new FP, all FP's on Heroic, alts. Really, nope another blazed through content and its the games fault post. Level 31 Gunslinger, 20 Jedi, taking my time, enjoying the ride as it is to be played. We got these post 4 days after launch, 1 week, 2 weeks, 3 weeks, now 1 month. I could believe this if it was 3 months out and you just wanted a break for a bit. Also in March is planned content update with a new planet etc, garrantee wont matter, no game can spew out content fast enough for people who play an unhealthy amount of time in a game. Edited by Jeedaix

Sooooo you completed EVERYTHING? all the content in game, datacrons, bonus quest, PvP, all FP's, dailies, crafting, social aspects, companion relationship, all space missions, all codexes (sp), the brand new FP, all FP's on Heroic, alts. Really, nope another blazed through content and its the games fault post. Level 31 Gunslinger, 20 Jedi, taking my time, enjoying the ride as it is to be played. We got these post 4 days after launch, 1 week, 2 weeks, 3 weeks, now 1 month. I could believe this if it was 3 months out and you just wanted a break for a bit. Also in March is planned content update with a new planet etc, garrantee wont matter, no game can spew out content fast enough for people who play an unhealthy amount of time in a game.

Half the stuff you listed is broken or pointless to do.

If i wanted to play with barbie dolls I would....play with barbie dolls.

Sooooo you completed EVERYTHING? all the content in game, datacrons, bonus quest, PvP, all FP's, dailies, crafting, social aspects, companion relationship, all space missions, all codexes (sp), the brand new FP, all FP's on Heroic, alts. Really, nope another blazed through content and its the games fault post. Level 31 Gunslinger, 20 Jedi, taking my time, enjoying the ride as it is to be played. We got these post 4 days after launch, 1 week, 2 weeks, 3 weeks, now 1 month. I could believe this if it was 3 months out and you just wanted a break for a bit. Also in March is planned content update with a new planet etc, garrantee wont matter, no game can spew out content fast enough for people who play an unhealthy amount of time in a game.

Really? I mean really?

You do realize that not everyone wants to go Datacron hunting or are title/achievement whores. Space missions are a good 20-odd minutes of content in total.

Although I am not cancelling (yet anyhow), I can see where the OP is coming from. I'm starting to slow down in my play time (level 50 operative medic and level 27 sorc) because I'm starting to get bored with the dailies, PvP, and flash points (yes, did the new one). One thing that is keeping me at the moment is that we're starting raiding this week.

Some people will be happy to be occupied by hunting down Datacrons or become title/achievement whores and whatnot, but just don't assume that everyone is happy to do these things.

I say do it. Unsubscribe. It will only keep the people who enjoy the game and have patience online.

Which, will be better for the game. And when the most bugges are fixed people start coming back. And who doesn't come back. Well we don't miss them :3.

Unsubscribed last week and yet I was so close to getting a 3month subscription. This game needs more Republic players.

good luck with that...i rolled one republic trooper just to have a BFG...i thought commando's were gonna be tanks, dont mind healing but needless to say, that toon didnt get much time like the rest of the republic.

Really? I mean really?

You do realize that not everyone wants to go Datacron hunting or are title/achievement whores. Space missions are a good 20-odd minutes of content in total.

Although I am not cancelling (yet anyhow), I can see where the OP is coming from. I'm starting to slow down in my play time (level 50 operative medic and level 27 sorc) because I'm starting to get bored with the dailies, PvP, and flash points (yes, did the new one). One thing that is keeping me at the moment is that we're starting raiding this week.

Some people will be happy to be occupied by hunting down Datacrons or become title/achievement whores and whatnot, but just don't assume that everyone is happy to do these things.

Then its not the game for you, however maybe for the others playing it is? So, find the game for YOU and the 5 people posting here and be happy? BTW what game would that be? What game has enough content to satisfy you? And please stop saying all that I listed is broken, its lying, no sense to try and boost your point that way, somethings are not working, thats what PATCHES are for. Honestlly no game will be the one and all for some people, MMO makers cannot ever ever ever make the game for everyone to enjoy. Theres a middle ground that they try and find, IMO they did it right, in yours they didnt, fair enough I will remain, you will not, simple really.