Ok so we know we are getting a new LFG system...

Reevax

"These tools down work at MMO's, wow has proven this well" How do you work that one out? I would have thought a MASSIVELY successful company like Blizzard would have changed their LFG system if it wasn't working.

I like how people play the "successful" card, when they don't even know how many people quit because of it. ofc wow's numbers have been climbing since it was introduced... oh wait.

Edited by Graburr

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

lol, as soon as we get cross server, we'll be back to the "gogogo" mentallity of wow.

I know it said in the dev tracker that they don't think it's a good idea right now, but guess it's coming. Oh joy.

Luckily I've made a long friendslist by now and may never have to resort to the instant gratification of Dungeon Finder again.

lobby game incomming.

So far I havnt seen a well done xrealm lfg tool, thats the whole problem.

You can not select with whom you want to queue. Some people always want to rush, others want to roll on all items, others have somekind of weird behaivour like not talking at all, others dont even have the proper spec so you end up with 5 dps etc.

These tools lack the features which allow you to look for specific people that are like you, all the trouble with wow´s queue system are, that tons of different "opinions" get thrown in 1 bucket and then are forced to play together.

Look at the wow forums, each day thousands of post´s about LFG and how bad it is, the subs drop rapidly right now and are only covered by the asia market.

And even without these features, the queue times are almost 1 hour, I mean thats just a waste of ressources to develop such a tool and it does not grand the same quality of groups like by asking for 5 or 10 min at the LFG channel.

What are you smoking, 5 or 10 minutes? Maybe for the drastically favored Empire side, dear girl, but R's are getting shafted hard.

So far I havnt seen a well done xrealm lfg tool, thats the whole problem.

You can not select with whom you want to queue. Some people always want to rush, others want to roll on all items, others have somekind of weird behaivour like not talking at all, others dont even have the proper spec so you end up with 5 dps etc.

These tools lack the features which allow you to look for specific people that are like you, all the trouble with wow´s queue system are, that tons of different "opinions" get thrown in 1 bucket and then are forced to play together.

Look at the wow forums, each day thousands of post´s about LFG and how bad it is, the subs drop rapidly right now and are only covered by the asia market.

And even without these features, the queue times are almost 1 hour, I mean thats just a waste of ressources to develop such a tool and it does not grand the same quality of groups like by asking for 5 or 10 min at the LFG channel.

As a casual gamer, I do not profit much from guilds and friends, I guess.

Hence I am "doomed" to play with unknown people who are currently willing anyway.

And so far my experience was not bad. Often the worst are those impatient elitist MMO veterans.

And a LFD allows me to quit a bad group sooner because I have less worries to find new people for a new group.

I do not know what is so complicated about a LFD.

Just make a cross database check and teleport chars into the mission instance if people (group leader) want to create the group.

Lol "Queue times will sky rock like at wow with 40-50 min" how is this even possible to predict when there isn't any current data to base this on?

"These tools down work at MMO's, wow has proven this well" How do you work that one out? I would have thought a MASSIVELY successful company like Blizzard would have changed their LFG system if it wasn't working.

Look at the wow forums, look ingame and you will see that it does not work.

Every day thousands of post´s at the forums how someone stole loot, how someone didnt leave the group so they had to disband, how someone was rude, how someone got kicked, how someone did end up in a group after waiting 1 hour just to find a finished run etc.

If the LFG would had worked at wow, then Blizz wouldnt nerf dungeons or give away a bonus for beeing a tank or healer / using it at all.

I like how people play the "successful" card, when they don't even know how many people quit because of it. ofc wow's numbers have been climbing since it was introduced... oh wait.

Only reason i still pay for wow now when i play swtor aswell is the LFR, yesterday when tor was down i logged in to wow, que for 5min as a dps and then downed 4 raid bosses.

No hassle, just fun playtime.

Yea clearly so many quit that it's bankrupting them, OH WAIT.

The tool was introduced late in to development cycle of WoW and you attribute declining customers to this? There are many factors that make people quit WoW. Also, as a side note if I remember correctly (could be my memory playing tricks) but I remember a time after the LFG Tool was introduced the subscription numbers hit an all time high didn't it ? I certainly remember them hitting that high while the LFG tool was in use..

Every day thousands of post´s at the forums how someone stole loot, how someone didnt leave the group so they had to disband, how someone was rude, how someone got kicked, how someone did end up in a group after waiting 1 hour just to find a finished run etc.

If the LFG would had worked at wow, then Blizz wouldnt nerf dungeons or give away a bonus for beeing a tank or healer / using it at all.

I have never played WoW.

But these complaints are already valid in SWTOR for every group; whether formed via cross server LFD or not.

Edited by genpion

I have both hoped and feared for a LFG system. On the plus side it is faster to find a group but the community will suffer. Before the LFG system was introduced to wow you had to behave and play nice if you wanted to find a group.

If you got known as a ninja looter or trash talked or wiped your party because you was immature no one wanted to group for dungeons/raids with you.

After the LFG and LFR system was introduced people did not care any more. The worse thing that could happen was you would be kicked from the group and wait max 15 min for a new one. In wow' LFG and especial LFR the amount of rage and name calling have escalated to a point where its almost keeps me from doing it. I would hate to see the same happens to SWTOR without and easy and fast way to report people(And of cause a consequence to rude behaviour)

You realise that the give away bonus for tanks and healers was due to there being an absolute **** ton of DPS and not as many healers and tanks? and NOT because people were ninja looting.

"Every day thousands of post's at the forums on how someone stole loot" Now i find this unlikely, having been part of the WoW forums I dare say it went something like this.

Thread started about someone ninja looting.....

Probably 1 or 2 constructive posts about reporting said player... rest of it is just troll baiting.

I have both hoped and feared for a LFG system. On the plus side it is faster to find a group but the community will suffer. Before the LFG system was introduced to wow you had to behave and play nice if you wanted to find a group.

If you got known as a ninja looter or trash talked or wiped your party because you was immature no one wanted to group for dungeons/raids with you.

After the LFG and LFR system was introduced people did not care any more. The worse thing that could happen was you would be kicked from the group and wait max 15 min for a new one. In wow' LFG and especial LFR the amount of rage and name calling have escalated to a point where its almost keeps me from doing it. I would hate to see the same happens to SWTOR without and easy and fast way to report people(And of cause a consequence to rude behaviour)

But all these problems are related to required game mechanics failing or not being present at all.

Many of these problems are already present in SWTOR (e.g. stealing of loot and mission items).

And how can you remember people ? Do you really want to be restricted to 100 players ?

The LFD should just allow me to find more people to play with.

Edited by genpion

What are you smoking, 5 or 10 minutes? Maybe for the drastically favored Empire side, dear girl, but R's are getting shafted hard.

The faction has nothing to do with this.

It is actually easier to get in contact with people, if there are less. To know 100 people is easier than to know 1000.

And a LFD allows me to quit a bad group sooner because I have less worries to find new people for a new group.

If you look at wow, then you get a deserter buff of 30 minutes if you leave a group. So lets say you wait as dps for 40 min, then find out the other 2 dps are idiots or the tank rolls for dps gear or they skip all bosses which you need - so you leave, then you must wait another 30 min until you can queue again.

So pretty much 70 minutes wasted, in those 70 minutes you could had done 2 Fp´s by the LFG channel :)

Thats why we need options that we can click on or off if we use such a tool. I am a casual and play for fun, so I dont want addons in my group, dont want elitist´s, dont want ninja´s and dont want rushs.

If I cant select these things, then I do know I end up with such people a lot - like at wow. Sad is, if I was tanking I got punished for not rushing by a 30 min deserter. One of a few reasons why I never liked the LFG tool at wow.

I understand that some people have trouble with the current LFG, either by not knowing how it works or by just beeing not a typical MMO player but a Singleplayer - still a tool without options will hurt the game badly, every game with automation has failed so far.

Lol and wow are the 2 most popular ones, at both you get punished if you dont play with whats thrown at you.

Edited by RachelAnne

I am a casual gamer.

I do not play every day and not each time with the same char.

I guess that my guild mates will quickly out level me.

This is neither fun for me or them.

It's not like other people have alts and characters of different levels aswell.........

In a guild with enough people there will most likely always be characters of alot of different levels.

"The faction has nothing to do with this.

It is actually easier to get in contact with people, if there are less. To know 100 people is easier than to know 1000."

Of course the faction has something to do with this, the populations on the factions are different.

Your logic is flawed, if you're picking a group out of 1000 people as opposed to 100 (say for example they are all generic people) you have a higher chance of finding the group out of 1000 people. It's simple logic.

If you look at wow, then you get a deserter buff of 30 minutes if you leave a group. So lets say you wait as dps for 40 min, then find out the other 2 dps are idiots or the tank rolls for dps gear or they skip all bosses which you need - so you leave, then you must wait another 30 min until you can queue again.

So pretty much 70 minutes wasted, in those 70 minutes you could had done 2 Fp´s by the LFG channel :)

Then don't use it.. and quit ************.

It is actually easier to get in contact with people, if there are less. To know 100 people is easier than to know 1000.

Thats why we need options that we can click on or off if we use such a tool. I am a casual and play for fun, so I dont want addons in my group, dont want elitist´s, dont want ninja´s and dont want rushs.

If I cant select these things, then I do know I end up with such people a lot - like at wow. Sad is, if I was tanking I got punished for not rushing by a 30 min deserter. One of a few reasons why I never liked the LFG tool at wow.

I understand that some people have trouble with the current LFG, either by not knowing how it works or by just beeing not a typical MMO player but a Singleplayer - still a tool without options will hurt the game badly, every game with automation has failed so far.

Lol and wow are the 2 most popular ones, at both you get punished if you dont play with whats thrown at you.

All those voices critical of SWTOR do not want a copy of WoW or X.

They want the good of WoW or X taken into SWTOR without the obviously bad and failing stuff.

Edited by genpion

Just one problem, it dosent take 40min to que.

And u can still use the LFG channel or any other means u want to use to get a group thogether.

On the server i play people forming groups using /trade all day long.

Everyone get what they want so i dont see the problem with a LFG tool.

As a dedicated “pugger” I like the system used in DDO, where I can create an LFM advert or look for groups to join on one panel. The prospective party leader creates the advert to make a group for a specific mission/quest. The leader can also state in a text box what type of group they are after, e.g. slow and steady, zerg, no 1st timers, RP only etc. Players respond to the “advert” and the leader chooses the group from those applying. Before the mission starts the leader may wish to agree a few basics, such as loot rules (note the leader should be respected as the arbiter here and players should discuss and agree any specific rules or leave the group).

This works well in a non-cross server environment. I would not want to see cross server, for keeping the LFG tool within server gives the server community some opportunity for ensuring “good” behaviour. As soon as you go cross server, certain players know that they can behave badly and will do it because they feel more anonymous.

I am on the fence when it comes to instant teleport to quest start points. On one side it is quicker and avoids repetition; on the other it can avoid content and immersion.

Until there is an official word about this, its all nonsense by a forum troll who is on ignore by most people anyways.

Fact is, if they add such a tool like wow has - many people will leave the game or just dont queue for it. The queue times will sky rock like at wow with 40-50 min and then we get the same cry babys here at the forum again, that wanted such a tool.

These tools dont work at MMO´s, wow has proven this well and if BW doesnt come up with a mega new LFG tool system it will fail here as well.

There has been official word

"The faction has nothing to do with this.

It is actually easier to get in contact with people, if there are less. To know 100 people is easier than to know 1000."

Of course the faction has something to do with this, the populations on the factions are different.

Your logic is flawed, if you're picking a group out of 1000 people as opposed to 100 (say for example they are all generic people) you have a higher chance of finding the group out of 1000 people. It's simple logic.

No its not.

The amount of people available is the same.

Lets say a group does need 10 players and 100 or 1000 are online. Then you can form 10 groups or 100 groups.

Still every group can only have 10 players, which again means 1/10 players are available for every group leader to choose from.

You have more groups, but not more choice if it comes to inviting people.

While there will never be every player in a group, it shows quite well that the % amount of group willing people does never change.

Until there is an official word about this, its all nonsense by a forum troll who is on ignore by most people anyways.

Fact is, if they add such a tool like wow has - many people will leave the game or just dont queue for it. The queue times will sky rock like at wow with 40-50 min and then we get the same cry babys here at the forum again, that wanted such a tool.

These tools dont work at MMO´s, wow has proven this well and if BW doesnt come up with a mega new LFG tool system it will fail here as well.

Actually you're very wrong. Majority of WoW's playerbase never saw the inside of a dungeon. This all changed when the LFD was introduced, and players finishing dungeons skyrocketed. So for all intents and purposes, it's working as intended.

Sorry to burst your bubble, you're not the target audience of modern MMOs. The people who use LFD are. Deal with it.

No its not.

The amount of people available is the same.

Lets say a group does need 10 players and 100 or 1000 are online. Then you can form 10 groups or 100 groups.

Still every group can only have 10 players, which again means 1/10 players are available for every group leader to choose from.

You have more groups, but not more choice if it comes to inviting people.

While there will never be every player in a group, it shows quite well that the % amount of group willing people does never change.

It makes a difference if I can get 4 players, 2 players or no one at all.

Last time only 2 people on the server wanted to group.

Not to mention the requirements on tank, healer and damage.

Unfortunately the classes in SWTOR are very specialized and respec is expensive and cumbersome.

If everyone would like to group for the mission I want or can do, there would be no problem.

Edited by genpion

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.