More unfair EU downtime

P-hantom

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

And do you yet have a server base IN Australia ? Did they actually make a statement saying they wouldnt patch in your prime time ?

We will have a server in the Oceanic region. And chances are they will still have downtime same as every other server.

I'm just trying to say that it isn't that a big deal. If you are pulling your hair out and feel so hard done by because of the situation, you really spit on people who can't even afford to eat. Stop being a bunch of tools and get over it.

Don't know why people are so against separate patch times for EU tbh.

Sounds a bit mad.

Yeah it is an odd attitude and some get quite vitriolic about how they are against us wanting the same night time maintenance that the NA region gets.

Oh look, this thread again. and I'll reply with the same thing i usually do

Oh God, I can't play swtor for a few hours in which i was previously warned about so they can fix critical issues, what am i going to do?!?

seriously, people complain about bugs, then they complain about downtime to fix them.

Edit:: I'm not against separate maintenance windows, i don't care either way

Edit2:: Yes i'm in the US but i work nights, maintenance is when i get out of work..my 'primetime'. But i have the capability to find something else to do once a week when they go down for maintenance other than complain on the forum.

Edited by MiraBindo

Oh look, this thread again. and I'll reply with the same thing i usually do

Oh God, I can't play swtor for a few hours in which i was previously warned about so they can fix critical issues, what am i going to do?!?

seriously, people complain about bugs, then they complain about downtime to fix them.

So if this doesn't concern you, then why is it concerning you?

Aren't we allowed to ask for better services these days? Should we all just shut up and take what we get... unless you happen to share that grievance?

I can understand you not caring about this because it doesn't concern you, but to tell people they have no right to complain about a second rate service? I just don't see your motive...

We will have a server in the Oceanic region. And chances are they will still have downtime same as every other server.

I'm just trying to say that it isn't that a big deal. If you are pulling your hair out and feel so hard done by because of the situation, you really spit on people who can't even afford to eat. Stop being a bunch of tools and get over it.

And for other things I would go to other forums but this is a forum for THIS MMO so we complain about stuff with THIS MMO get off your high horse.

I have to admit that on my free day, I don't like the maintenance time.

On the other hand, they are fixing very high priority things and they are doing it 24 hours after the storm of excrements got started. A good track record (if they get it right this time).

So i'm goon play Minecraft for a change.

And by the way: BW has undercut their estimated time by 2 to 3 hours the last weeks. Lets hope for the best.

"I demand you patch the game immediately!"

"I demand you stop interrupting my play time with these patches!"

Make up your mind.

... or the other stupid argument ...

"How dare you patch during my playtime!"

"I demand you inconvenience someone else, cause i'm special!"

They have said countless times they patch during the least active period, you're not special.

So if this doesn't concern you, then why is it concerning you?

Aren't we allowed to ask for better services these days? Should we all just shut up and take what we get... unless you happen to share that grievance?

I can understand you not caring about this because it doesn't concern you, but to tell people they have no right to complain about a second rate service? I just don't see your motive...

It does concern me with regards to that i may not be in EU, but working nights in the US gets me out around when maintenance starts. so i'm in the same boat with not being able to play when i get out today. i should have clarified that, my fault.

"I demand you patch the game immediately!"

"I demand you stop interrupting my play time with these patches!"

Make up your mind.

... or the other stupid argument ...

"How dare you patch during my playtime!"

"I demand you inconvenience someone else, cause i'm special!"

They have said countless times they patch during the least active period, you're not special.

None of the above, actually.

Just "We are happy with the improvements you are making to our beloved game, but we kindly request that you consider creating alternate patch times based on server locality."

Don't know why you've got your knickers in a twist about it. Would the added maintenance shift be taken out of your salary?

A majority of people go to work/go to school/go to college/etc during the day. Makes more sense to have a daytime downtime then a night time downtime when the population hits its peak. Most people tend to play at night.

It's generally pretty normal for most MMO's I've played. Most EU services have always had their updates done in the mornings.

I'm beginning to think some of you people are just looking for an excuse to rage on this game.

Edited by Lifeshield

A majority of people go to work/go to school/go to college/etc during the day. Makes more sense to have a daytime downtime then a night time downtime when the population hits its peak.

It's generally pretty normal for most MMO's I've played.

I'm beginning to think some of you people are just looking for an excuse to rage on this game.

Just tell me one mmo game with euro servers that its doing right now their maintenance during the day.

All big mmo outthere have separate maintenance window.

A majority of people go to work/go to school/go to college/etc during the day. Makes more sense to have a daytime downtime then a night time downtime when the population hits its peak.

It's generally pretty normal for most MMO's I've played.

Thats kind of true, that the Majority do work, like myself, I go to work and sometimes browse the forums like today. but say if theres 1,000,000 EU players. 650,000 go to school/work/do stuff during the day. 350,000 are still trying to play the game for other reasons... sure the majority aren't bothered.. but still a lot of people suffer.

A majority of people go to work/go to school/go to college/etc during the day. Makes more sense to have a daytime downtime then a night time downtime when the population hits its peak. Most people tend to play at night.

It's generally pretty normal for most MMO's I've played. Most EU services have always had their updates done in the mornings.

Guess what, a majority of players sleep during night time. So no, it doesn't make more sense.

maintenance is in like 9mins...that's 8AM GMT

Dont you have School or somthing?

That is not the point, you know stores open at 8AM to, why do they do that, aint people in school or at work at that time, so its kinda stupid, since they gonna have no costumers, right?

Guess what, a majority of players sleep during night time. So no, it doesn't make more sense.

I never stated it didn't make sense for them to do maintenance when people sleep.

I said it made more sense to do it during a low peak time then a high peak time, mornings being a low peak time.

Evenings are high peak. Generally until early morning as you'll find alot of people will play until 1-2am. I know I do as it's the only time I actually get any peace to play. :D

I won't argue that an early morning (like 3am-8am) update wouldn't be better because that wouldn't be true, but a morning update isn't going to hurt a large majority either.

What I wil say, and do believe in, is that if a patch is desperately needed it should be rolled out as soon as it's available. If that cuts into everyones playing time so be it. Do you want the game fixed or not? Of course if it wasn't released when ready everyone would complain that Bioware doesn't care about their game. They cannot win regardless.

It's a few hours that you could go and do something else with your life other than play a video game (like troll the forums, lol). Make the most out of it.

Just tell me one mmo game with euro servers that its doing right now their maintenance during the day.

All big mmo outthere have separate maintenance window.

Rift and Guild Wars have both had server downtime during the European daytime. Global Agenda did a while back aswell.

It's not as uncommon as you may think.

Edited by Lifeshield

What I wil say, and do believe in, is that if a patch is desperately needed it should be rolled out as soon as it's available. If that cuts into everyones playing time so be it. Do you want the game fixed or not? Of course if it wasn't released when ready everyone would complain that Bioware doesn't care about their game. They cannot win regardless.

Yes, ofc, but the problem is they are actually scheduling maintenance every week, to take place during the day in Europe.

Sorry but that is just bad costumer service.