We demand cross server pvp NOW!

Jabbadaphat

Well we need the option to queue for warzones we actually want to play, so no huttball for me thanks

i don't think you understand...

empire outnumber republic by ~ 3:1 on almost all servers. which is why you get huttball more than anything as an imperial player.

if you were to be able to choose which warzones you queue for, as an imperial player you would probably choose... not huttball, which means your queue time would be infinitely longer to the point where you would probably NEVER get a pop regardless of cross server queuing or not, and that's your own fault, you rolled the over populated faction for whatever reason. you made that conscious choice.

i love being outnumbered as a republic player, i get almost instant pops and lots of free valor on ilum when my guild rolls its ops group.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again...

I haven't had that problem at all, there have been very very few afkers on my server.

Is this the only MMO you've ever played? You've never run into a night in which you get stuck with the same clowns over and over again? Really?

I also think that with cross server queues, and that you really don't see this folks all that often, will produce even more people afking. They will have little responsibilty for their actions.

Is this fact?

nope.

but When i played WoW so long ago, there were a whole lot more afkers after cross server queues went in, so its a "good" enough reason for me

Obviously it's good enough for YOU, but I'm looking for one that's actually good.

AGAIN. If AFKers are a problem, you fix that problem. You don't throw away a completely unrelated idea because of some other problem that they havn't addressed yet.

Edited by Spymaster

i don't think you understand...

empire outnumber republic by ~ 3:1 on almost all servers. which is why you get huttball more than anything as an imperial player.

if you were to be able to choose which warzones you queue for, as an imperial player you would probably choose... not huttball, which means your queue time would be infinitely longer to the point where you would probably NEVER get a pop regardless of cross server queuing or not, and that's your own fault, you rolled the over populated faction for whatever reason. you made that conscious choice.

i love being outnumbered as a republic player, i get almost instant pops and lots of free valor on ilum when my guild rolls its ops group.

Circular logic ^

Due to excessive queue times

Would you like to see cross server pvp implemented immediately ? ;)

how is this going to help? All the sith kiddies rolled empire resulting in a massive faction imbalance. If you want shorter queue times, the solution is very simple and available right now. Simply roll Republic and have near instant queues of all three warzones.

Last night, i had instant pops from 8est to 11est. that is, literally the second i exited a warzone, i got in a new one.

It wouldn't change, but there would be a lot more many huttball games going, hence the cycle in which you would land in EvR match is longer. While now you can get in 1 match out of 4, it could be 1 out 10 because you will compete with many more imperials for spot to that match. Since your time in game is limited (well should be, to lets say 2-3 hours), you would get less EvR matches.
You are ignoring the fact that there'll be a lot more of the other games going on too. Your 1 in 4 chance will still be 1 in 4.

Is this the only MMO you've ever played? You've never run into a night in which you get stuck with the same clowns over and over again? Really?

Obviously it's good enough for YOU, but I'm looking for one that's actually good.

AGAIN. If AFKers are a problem, you fix that problem. You don't throw away a completely unrelated idea because of some other problem that they havn't addressed yet.

I've been playing MMOs since '94 in Neverwinter Nights, what that has to do with anything, i don't know.

Again.

AFKers are not a problem now, i think it will get a lot worse with cross server queues. I'm also curious, has WoW fixxed their afk problems? I haven't played in years.

We go from..

Bio! fixx WzS! with geared 50s aGainst level 11s...***!!!!11

to

We need x servEr qS NAO!!!!!!!!

to

BIO tOo many AFKers IN ma Wz.... u stoopid!!!!!!!

No point in fixxing one "problem", to create another, imo.

You are ignoring the fact that there'll be a lot more of the other games going on too. Your 1 in 4 chance will still be 1 in 4.

You are looking on it too much linear. But in any case, cross server won't improve anything.

yes to cross server PvP.

i'm lvl 50. waited for 2 hours to get in WZ.. got tired of waiting and quit.

server - Tott Doneeta (or something like that)

i also don't see any open world PvP on this server, which leaves nothing to do when u reach lvl 50, apart from WZ's.

Cross server would only help if you pair high imp - low rep server with high rep - low imp server. Otherwise it won't change anything.

Why are people so blind to this? Majority of servers are imbalanced towards empire, there is no way how cross-servers would improve it.

Ah yes..

apparently i have been playing them long enough to know what server and faction to play, so i don't get 2 hour queues. :D

/agreed

Cross server PvP wont destroy the community, thats utter bull

Cross server PvP gives you

More opponents

Faster queues

Cross server interaction

It also helps the factional imbalance somewhat, allowing the underdogs to fight other players instead of being rolled by the other dominating faction on their server

Im sure many of the premades are getting tired of the same faces, and that goes to pug's aswell

I actually like the fact there there isn't a cross server PvP in this game. I always hated the fact that they mix PvP servers and the carebear servers together. Plus the queue times for me are instant up to 3-4 minutes. Edited by Laerke

Cross server would only help if you pair high imp - low rep server with high rep - low imp server. Otherwise it won't change anything.

Why are people so blind to this? Majority of servers are imbalanced towards empire, there is no way how cross-servers would improve it.

???

Say your on server A, it has 1000 players

200 of these want to WZ

200 players in the queue list

Now you start with Cross server WZ

Server A = 1000 players, gets queued alongside

Server B = 1000 players

Server C = 1000 players

Server D = 1000 players

If say 200 players of A B C and D want to queue for WZ

Thats 800 people in the queue list

And this wouldn't help with queue times? let alone the low pop servers with only a handful of 50s

Stop talking out of your ***....

???

Say your on server A, it has 1000 players

200 of these want to WZ

200 players in the queue list

Now you start with Cross server WZ

Server A = 1000 players, gets queued alongside

Server B = 1000 players

Server C = 1000 players

Server D = 1000 players

If say 200 players of A B C and D want to queue for WZ

Thats 800 people in the queue list

And this wouldn't help with queue times? let alone the low pop servers with only a handful of 50s

Stop talking out of your ***....

But people are split into two factions. And sadly, not 50:50. Your scenario works only in games like Age of Conan, aka where is only one faction.