Why is there no cancel option anywhere to be found?!

Proto

Where is it? Is deleting payment option enough? They *********** removed it! It was there yesterday.

They say this in the original email:

By making your membership purchase today you authorize EA to automatically charge the then-current renewal membership fee (plus applicable taxes) to your credit or debit card without any additional action by you prior to the expiration of your membership. Your membership will continue to automatically renew until cancelled. You may cancel your membership at any time here: http://www.swtor.com/user/account, or by contacting BioWare Customer Service at http://www.swtor.com/support.

But the website swtor.com/user/account shows NO OPTION TO CANCEL ANYWHERE.

ALSO HERE:

http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/1955

How do I cancel my subscription?

You can cancel your subscription at any time by logging in to your account on the official website by clicking here.

You can then click on the ‘Subscription’ button in the sidebar and choose the option to 'Cancel my Subscription' from your main subscription page.

You goddam crooks removed it!

Edited by Proto

Id also like to know. I've found the page to remove cc details: on the subscription page go to show subscription history. But i cant see the page to cancel sub?

*edit* done you just add /cancel to subscription page url

Edited by sw_dragon

All you have to do is go to MY ACCOUNT, then hit the Subscription tab. Then there are 5 options to

1: Change subscription plan

2: Show Payment History

3:Change Billing Method

4:Enter Game Time Code

5:Cancel Your Subscription

Edited by Optiklown

Where is it? Is deleting payment option enough? They *********** removed it! It was there yesterday.

They say this in the original email:

But the website swtor.com/user/account shows NO OPTION TO CANCEL ANYWHERE.

ALSO HERE:

http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/1955

You goddam crooks removed it!

They didn't remove it, apparently there is a bug, because several people on this thread stated and even showed they had the cancel button. Bioware didn't intentionally take the cancel button away.

Yes it suck and it needs to be fixed, but it is highly unlikely that it was intentional.

I am wondering if they will charge me for my 6 month subscription, cause right now my account page looks just like yours, but I want them to take my money.

Though I don't plan on cancelling, I just checked my account and nope...no cancel button anywhere to be found.

Might have to do with the oddity that the website is mostly shut down for a server patch/maint.

I wonder why, since I haven't seen this in other games. Servers down, yes. Website down at the same time? No.

I just checked and the Cancel button is there on my account. Not sure why people are saying it isn't there.

Cause it isn't for some people, including me. Just a few days ago I set up my account for 6 month subscription, but now the subscription page is showing me I need to subscribe. So when I press the subscribe button, the next page shows me the subscription and the credit card that I have already set just a few days ago.

There is a bug on just 1 page for some people, and that one page was the only page that had the cancel button, and if that page thinks you are not subscribed it will not give you a cancel button.

Trolls trying to create final drama in their final hours.

No they are not, this is a real problem. Many people might be charged tomorrow because there was no cancel button on their account page, and they wanted to cancel. This problem can create a headache for both Bioware and the customers.

• 2 years later...

By making your membership purchase today you authorize EA to automatically charge the then-current renewal membership fee (plus applicable taxes) to your credit or debit card without any additional action by you prior to the expiration of your membership. Your membership will continue to automatically renew until cancelled

How cancel this? Pls help :)

Nope, I still had to type it in manually.

*gasp*

you had to type

CANCEL

??????

Oh the horror and shame

Im sure with hours of treatment and good medication you will recover from this gross injustice!

*LOL, as pointed out the cancel account still in account management and does work.*