this game just fried my vidock and m17x

soulofice

I have my laptop in a cumstom cooling station and my vidock next to my 65 in lcd tv and this game just over worked everything and smoked my vidcard and then my laptop started smokeing. and no it was not a power surger. it was the the crap code overworking everything. oh well guess on to best buy to burn up my cc now:(

I dont know what it is on their end, poor code/optimization. But if they want to keep players, they need to fix it...sometimes I cant believe how badly this game runs when it looks so mediocre.

edit:

And I do play on a laptop, but it has never overheated. And its on a high end cooling pad.

Edited by Thargrim

I turned my throtling off because the game keep doing it down loaded patch and loged in hit ilum and was a night mare effect but my fps keep going up and noticed my tv flicking like it was on crack and befor i could get across the room to shut it down it was to late they got to do something about this game.

Something is seriously wrong with this game's client, heat wise. So many people with issues can't be ignored. In my case I have an HD 6970 that idles at 41-43C, hits mid to high 60s under load (including games like Crisis, BF3 etc). However, TOR does something different. Just loading TOR and sitting in the character selection screen, if left unattended my card will zoom up to 90C. IN CHARACTER SELECT.

*** Bioware? Sorry but it's not me. It's you (BW).

one a alienware m17x r3 is the best GAMINEG laptop there is and it sits in a custome cooling rig i use vidock to use my lcp tv why because i travel alot and want to game on the go. there is something about this game over utlizing higher end rigs at random:confused::cool:

Wait both your ViDock and laptop started smoking? Are you sure it was set up right? The ViDock should handle the graphics, leaving the laptop relatively cool.

I can see the ViDock overheating though. The design is pretty crap if you have it laying flat down. Not nearly enough air gets under it.

Also no one else in this thread has any idea what the ViDock is.

Edit: What card did you have in it? They are only rated to 225Watts. Most current gen cards use far more then that at full load. The 6950 for instance uses 250 or so. Any of the fermi based NVIDIA cards will easily use closer to 300 watts.

Edited by Patmage

Wait both your ViDock and laptop started smoking? Are you sure it was set up right? The ViDock should handle the graphics, leaving the laptop relatively cool.

I can see the ViDock overheating though. The design is pretty crap if you have it laying flat down. Not nearly enough air gets under it.

Also no one else in this thread has any idea what the ViDock is.

Edit: What card did you have in it? They are only rated to 225Watts. Most current gen cards use far more then that at full load. The 6950 for instance uses 250 or so. Any of the fermi based NVIDIA cards will easily use closer to 300 watts.

the only thing I can figure is a surge when down the pci cable I have to find the box for the card it was a vidock gen 4 and i belive the card was a6970 not 100 precent on that one.

so on that note any one have any tips on a system or just go custom