PVP at 50 is horrible

wettham

Really they just need more ways to obtain valor ranks. Note: More ways doesnt mean "easy", nor unbalanced..simply more variety to how its done.

The problem is that once you hit 50 you just now qualify for champion gear and have to deal with people that have been in it long enough to have battlemaster, and the way expertise works its battlemaster or **** in terms of viability. The scaleing on the stat is too good full champion cant even stand up to full BM, much less someone with neither. The Daily gear doesnt compete. In pvp Expertise > All. you can go get a full set of the Daily armorings and gain 5% or so damage reduction... but those Battlemasters are getting +20-30% to both damage and damage reduction and double the stats.

So right now to get Valor for non Champion/BM fresh level 50s your options are:

1. Lose 10-20 Warzones a day to gain a rank (rinse and repeat for at least 10 ranks, more if you didnt gain as you leveled and give or take for the times you coat tail a win on an well geared premade)

2. get ganked on Ilum, over and over hopeing to bushwack the occasional straggler for hours on end.

There needs to be a third way to generate some extra valor on the side..doesnt need to be tons, doesnt need to be on a silver platter, but it needs to be something that doesnt just turn you to the slaughter of players who already have the gear. Or, somethign to just speed up the process a little like spending warzone/merc tokens on occasional valor boosts, or something to give a multiplier but occupies the adrenal slot... ANYTHING other than just suicideing over and over again into unwinnable fights just to satisify the arbitrary valor gate.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

are you seriously complaining you opened 4(sic!) bags and didnt get an item out of it ?

After about a hundred champion bags i was still missing my earpiece and as of today(valor rank 57) still no sign of the boots.

the rest is an L2P issue.

Could you stop behaving like a moron once and for all ?

the lies people come up with are really starting to get ridiculous ...

Yeah... I, honestly did not notice ANY difference in queues for 50s, maybe once when I had to "oh no" wait like 6 minutes and I mean it - ONCE.

I also find this thread amusing, the very same people that demanded the brackets are now complaining that they got what they wanted?

And on the whole "omgs u got ur battlemasterz from teh izimode faceroll" opinion, I am sure you did not mind it so much when your level 17 butt was carried to the winning scoreboard by us, if anything we did all the work, while you were just prancing around thinking you are useful or something "Muhaha I r level 33, I gots the ball, now I go in the middle of the enemy zerg to give it to them for free, despite being told to pass".

Not to mention all those solo queues, when you join only to find you are teamed with level 21 Timmy, his best friend Bob who powerleveled to 28 and a bunch of equally useless people going against Vindication premade.

Edited by Gaidax

I can understand why 50s should be in their own bracket, I agree completely.

I just wish that they would stagger it between servers based on population so that 50s on low population servers actually get a chance to get in a warzone.

My guild has about 75% of all the 50s on our server so queueing up is pretty much pointless.

I would definitely welcome this change, but once enough of the server population has hit 50.

I can already hear the people crying: "You just want to kill lowbies to feel better about urself!"

I know its not a perfect solution but I would recommend increasing bolster, the buff that raises the stats of lower level characters. Some of my guildies have up to 14-7k health in champion gear. Why not raise it to something equivalent or higher?

I have that neat stun or AoE that you only get until endgame, and you have more health than me and have equivalent/higher damage. It's not ideal but its a thought.

I would be fine with lower level characters have an advantage stat-wise over my level 50 if it means I will actually get into a warzone this week.

And don't give me that lower level characters are nothing but fodder. I've killed level 47 mercenaries and level 43 marauders my level 19 powertech (lots and lots of hutt ball on my server). A lot of it just knowing your skill set and how best to use it.

TL DR:

Bracket for 50s only: Yes, just not yet on low population servers.

If we were to go back to no brackets, buff bolster. Might help balance ability deficiencies among low level.

Nothing we can do for player skill deficiencies however :(

Yeah... I, honestly did not notice ANY difference in queues for 50s, maybe once when I had to "oh no" wait like 6 minutes and I mean it - ONCE.

I also find this thread amusing, the very same people that demanded the brackets are now complaining that they got what they wanted?

And on the whole "omgs u got ur battlemasterz from teh izimode faceroll" opinion, I am sure you did not mind it so much when your level 17 butt was carried to the winning scoreboard by us, if anything we did all the work, while you were just prancing around thinking you are useful or something "Muhaha I r level 33, I gots the ball, now I go in the middle of the enemy zerg to give it to them for free, despite being told to pass".

Not to mention all those solo queues, when you join only to find you are teamed with level 21 Timmy, his best friend Bob who powerleveled to 28 and a bunch of equally useless people going against Vindication premade.

You sir, are an idiot.

This whole thread is a "relative" PvP thread. Before, there were plenty of "less skilled" level 50 PvPers who thought they were awesome.

That is because they were in WZs with at least 4 people <40 opposite them...which meant they had an easy time.

Now, they say **** is broken. I honestly don't know if it truly 100% isn't...but I can tell you something - welcome to Level 50 PvP. Here, there are no level 10s to ****. There are no level 20s to slay. There are no level 30s, 31s, or 40s.

Level 43s? Nope.

Get used to Level 50 PvP, and give yourself some time to adjust. You are NOT awesome yet, and you need gear. That is the reality imo.

Keep QQing about it and all you will earn is Level 100 Forum PvPer. Go get better, stop blaming other people, Bioware, or whatever for your WZ probs. You are the problem, at least in many cases...get better.

On The Progenitor I did not notice any change in queues - at 50 WZs came fast as ever.

I did not notice any change in pvp inside WZs either, meeting a lot of the same players there as before. I did get lucky and got my third champion piece too.

Yeah 50 only pvp is awful. Premade or don't even bother hitting the queue button.

I have 6 pieces of champ gear out of 40+ bags on my Guardian.

I face battlemaster geared players often and beat them because I play for the team and dont try to be a hero.

My job is simple.. Protect priority targets, peel enemies and CC/attack focus targets.

Having a blast in WZs since the death of stim stacking..was definatley an improvement.

On The Progenitor I did not notice any change in queues - at 50 WZs came fast as ever.

I did not notice any change in pvp inside WZs either, meeting a lot of the same players there as before. I did get lucky and got my third champion piece too.

Heavy pop sever I guess? ICE Breaker is at best standard. Low at most hours. 50 bracket simply doesnt work.

Heavy pop sever I guess? ICE Breaker is at best standard. Low at most hours. 50 bracket simply doesnt work.

Yeah, Progenitor is one of the highest pop servers there is... I rolled on it particularly because of that and had to deal with 2 hour queues at launch, it was worth it in the end since we have loads of 50s now, so there is almost no impact on WZ queue times there.

I think it's partially Bioware and partially players mistake for the existence of low pop realms. Players demanded new realms at launch, Bioware caved-in (or rather gladly provided as a part of a publicity stunt) and now you have people all over the place on light servers wondering if SWTOR is a MMO or a Single Player game.

I don't see (the needed) server merges any time soon, because it is a bad publicity for SWTOR and our EA overlords will never accept it or at least not so soon.

I would feel your pain but then again you dont need to win to get champ bags. You still get comms from lossing and so you can save and buy champ bags from vendor.

This game has no penalty for death or lossing or sucking in warzones. Its a win win,

It may take you alot longer to gear out and you may get a ton of butt whoopings but sooner or later you are going to catch up. This is spose to me a mmorpg after all and mmorpgs you are spose to play for sometime....

I have a 50 sith soc with like 3 piecees of champ gear, thats it.... I can still do well, but im not epic. I want to get all my gear and this new 50 queue is going to slow me down a bit, but sooner or later i'll get there and that will be that.

I hit 50 had enough tokens for 4 bags, got 0 gear out of it queue for a WZ and i get destroyed by geared out people in basically 2 hits. It is unplayable, I never post on the forums but this is absurd there is 0 value in getting destroyed by faceroll geared sith inquisitors for 30 minutes. Yes I am QQing but seriously one month after the game comes out and PVP isn't even competetive.

Yup PvP in MMOs are generally lame as hell. Play some sc2 for real competitive pvp

The only thing wrong is the que time...this happend to me 3 times in a row today :

15-25 mins waiting for a wz, and when its about 3-1 min left of the WZ i get kicked.

and whats up with the new graphics? That new feature isnt even implanted yet and I can hardly move in BG's? Before this patch i was lagg free?

I seriously have more lagg on swtor than on bf3 and compared to swtor BF3 is a Blu - ray movie.

So whats up with u BW? We all gotta spend 1500 euros for new computers now or what?

jeez

Lvl 50 PvP is indeed terrible, I tried last night it was a joke. The entire other team was of course pre-made with Ratakan stims and, well it was completely pointless. After 2 games there were NO more pvp games for 3 hours... It was so pointless people left the que for PvP so RIP to that.

I used to get beat on bad by lvl 50's but it was still fun and I still got kills, now when you hit lvl 50 it's do it hard core or dont bother at all.