Become a Founding Member!

CourtneyWoods

We would like to thank each and every one of you for helping to make Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ one of the most successful MMO launches of all time. To show our appreciation, from now through March 19th, 2012, 12:01AM EST, we are rewarding early members of The Old Republic community with a unique Founder’s medal* and title.

Read More

I have no words.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the stupidest level of nerd rage I've personally witnessed on the internet.

Well... It's the second highest level. The SWG NGE was the biggest for me. My guess is

<tinfoilhat> Blizzard purchased 100's of accounts to spread negative propaganda on the forums. Trying to convince people that the game is somehow being mismanaged or that something is inherently wrong. Two hundred copies would cost $12,000 and give them 30 days to do nothing but troll troll troll.

</tinfoilhat>

The game is great. All of the critical (read professional) reviews are great. The game has won an enormous amount of industry rewards. Saying, "Thank you" to the first people who subscribe to the game is a wonderful gesture. Period.

Well... It's the second highest level. The SWG NGE was the biggest for me. My guess is

<tinfoilhat> Blizzard purchased 100's of accounts to spread negative propaganda on the forums. Trying to convince people that the game is somehow being mismanaged or that something is inherently wrong. Two hundred copies would cost $12,000 and give them 30 days to do nothing but troll troll troll.

</tinfoilhat>

The game is great. All of the critical (read professional) reviews are great. The game has won an enormous amount of industry rewards. Saying, "Thank you" to the first people who subscribe to the game is a wonderful gesture. Period.

Same as almost every AAA MMORPG so far. Almost everyone of em won as much or more rewards and MMO of the decade titles given up here and there. Only real awards that matter are on Blizzard HQ wall, all heads of previous 17 WoW Killers, and 1 more inc in couple of months.

Edited by Forsbacka

Heres wahat i don't understand..

If you like the game, you're going to subscribe anyway and get the title.

If you hate the game so much you've already unsubbed, will a TITLE really be enough to convince you to stay?

No, they're not doing it to win anybody back, they're not doing it to convince anyone to join. They're doing it as a thank you for the people who bought the game, and like it enough to stay. Thats all this is. The only people who're whining have already quit.

The only thing im unsubbing from is this thread... good grief... when they said MMO communities are the most disrespectful needy ungrateful ppl out there, i didnt want ot believe it at first... but now that im seeing it first hand... Godspeed BioWare :o

It is amazing what people will qq about, i wonder if alot of them qq while doing the deed?

You know, I would not be surprised if this happened. They're already giving Kingdom of Amalur bonuses for playing ME3, why not one of their own games?

This is how far my opinion of Bioware has fallen, that I now think of such a thing as probable.

I don't see how this is a bad thing, marketing wise. I mean, yea, it may seem dirty, but if it increases profit, why not do it? Besides, it could also result in someone trying a game that they otherwise would not. Why else do you think Blizzard is giving away copies of Diablo 3 with WOW subscriptions.

Besides, if they reward me for playing a game I already WANT to play, why should I complain?

Otherwise, thanks for the medal BW. Timing seems off, but I'm sure it will be nice to have in a year or two.

Edited by Tirfin

Heres wahat i don't understand..

If you like the game, you're going to subscribe anyway and get the title.

If you hate the game so much you've already unsubbed, will a TITLE really be enough to convince you to stay?

No, they're not doing it to win anybody back, they're not doing it to convince anyone to join. They're doing it as a thank you for the people who bought the game, and like it enough to stay. Thats all this is. The only people who're whining have already quit.

yes it does, it might preven those people who are thinking if to continue or not. If you think that timing of that "gesture" has anything to do with other than preventing cancellations you are an idiot. If you decide to take coupole of months break now and come back, you dont get the title, then you pay for 1 more motnh to get it instead of cancelling till things get sorted.

Edited by Forsbacka

I don't see how this is a bad thing, marketing wise. I mean, yea, it may seem dirty, but if it increases profit, why not do it? Besides, it could also result in someone trying a game that they otherwise would not. Why else do you think Blizzard is giving away copies of Diablo 3 with WOW subscriptions.

Besides, if they reward me for playing a game I already WANT to play, why should I complain?

Otherwise, thanks for the medal BW. Timing seems off, but I'm sure it will be nice to have in a year or two.

OFc its nice marketing plot, people are jsut wondering the timing and Biojuice boys thinks that EA is giving the tile for generosity when its most money oriented game company up to date.

Honestly your post just made my eyes bleed.

Mine too. I hope that these people are just like this because they are all safe and anonymous behind their keyboards. I'm really really sad if there are this many people who are this abrasive and petty.

Yeah because $15 dollars a month is serious business.

ROFL ROFL

I mean really... $15...

And wouldn't the people laughing at you be people who ALSO are paying the same $15? I just have to believe that there is one guy at Blizzard making all of these posts. They all repeat the same useless, untrue, ignorant propaganda.

Mine too. I hope that these people are just like this because they are all safe and anonymous behind their keyboards. I'm really really sad if there are this many people who are this abrasive and petty.

Cause we want product that is at even decent level in terms of quality? Cause we want a MMORPG with 2012 standards and not say that have patience, all MMOS were like this 20 years ago? Sorry but EA is most money hungry company in gaming history and we dont need to feel pity for em or have patience while paying em. If you like to drive around with your car without wheels you can do so´, im sure youre tires will come in mail in few months, but meanwhile heres a nice sticker on your rear window "screwed by EA and loving it" just out of generosity.

Yeah because $15 dollars a month is serious business.

ROFL ROFL

I make 3 times that per hour, i guess its more like principle that i dont want to give money for beggars or throw it in the trash. If the game was awesome i could pay 100 or more per month.

Edited by Forsbacka

Cause we want product that is at even decent level in terms of quality? Cause we want a MMORPG with 2012 standards and not say that have patience, all MMOS were like this 20 years ago? Sorry but EA is most money hungry company in gaming history and we dont need to feel pity for em or have patience while paying em. If you like to drive around with your car without wheels you can do so´, im sure youre tires will come in mail in few months, but meanwhile heres a nice sticker on your rear window "screwed by EA and loving it" just out of generosity.

Yes because other game companies care about the people not the money.:rolleyes:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.