Update on Ilum Open World PvP issues

GabeAmatangelo

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really can't believe how (majority being imps) are actually being further rewarded for being the more played faction.

The gear gap widens even more in pvp. I was winning conservatively 35% of my matches in Warzones, I shudder to think now that nearly all 50s imp side will be battlemaster. Man and I was really finally winning in pvp....what a complete letdown.

Do you know what's really sad? My buddy has never played an mmo until TOR. He knocked his subscription commitment down to only one month today, and he was so in love with this game...I was one of the fanboys (but could be reasonable), now what the heck was all that for?

I love the whole statement about "we know some people are exploiting, action will be taken". I have no faith that this will amount to anything. I'd cancel my sub of I hadn't said this was my last mmo....

1. apolagize properly to all of us.

2. shutdown servers NOW and rollback to the point u realeased the 1.1 patch.

3. give all players 5 days F2P time for YOUR **** up.

4. Dont insult us with your founder medals...its just a dick move.

5. why punish the people doing what they thought was oki? its your mess for not taking action sooner when we told u somthing just might be wrong here. (although we didnt like getting spawn camped by imp's...its your mess u should have fixed instantly)

Waiting for you to roll-back for 24 more hours. untill then un-subbed and credit card info removed.

Edited by Zalamax

Hotfixed within 15 hours. At least they heard us. Thanks, BW.

Though you will have a tough time selling people on a non-rollback.

They don't really need to. People that are demanding a rollback are such a small drop on the sea of the playerbase that even if they were all to quit (and it won't happen, as 90% of those posting "canceled" are just trolls or people that canceled long ago), they wouldn't even make a dent on the subscriber base as a whole.

Hello everyone; I wanted to update you on the issues we’ve been seeing today on the live servers, specifically within the Open World PvP area on Ilum. We’re aware that on some servers, either Republic or Empire groups have been capturing the Ilum control points, entering the enemy’s base and ‘camping’ the medcenters, preventing the opposite faction from leaving their base to recapture control points. This is not a fair or balanced gameplay experience and can also severely affect client performance, so we’re taking steps to address this.

Our intended design for Ilum Open World PvP is that players are instantly killed when entering the enemy’s base safe area, just like in Warzones, and that the defending faction can take taxis to other points within the zone. In Game Update 1.1, this is not working as intended. We have found the issue preventing this from happening under server load and will be publishing an Emergency Patch to address the issue. We’re aiming to have this patch published early tomorrow morning (January 19th, 5 AM US CST).

In addition to these changes, we’ll be reducing the population cap on Ilum. This should help increase performance by requiring your client to render fewer characters on-screen at once.

Regarding Valor gains, with the 1.1 update, players now receive a base reward of 20 Valor per unique enemy player defeated in a short time, and this base reward is modified by the number of objectives that the player’s faction owns. The gains are rate limited per player killed, encouraging players to attack unique players, not to pursue vendettas. The Valor gains players can see over time will vary greatly depending on the activity level in the zone. This is expected.

To dispel a couple of rumors that have been seen today – there is no Valor gain from destroying turrets within enemy bases, and none from killing NPCs.

We encourage players to avoid Ilum until our patch is deployed. As a temporary measure we will be disabling taxi services which would normally take players into the Open World PvP area. However, players will still be able to taxi out of the area.

We will continue to monitor Ilum across all servers and will make further changes to gameplay if required. We welcome your feedback here on the Forums, but please ensure your feedback is constructive and specific. Feedback based on rumor does not help us isolate potential issues.

Update: Please see Associate Community Manager Joveth Gonzalez's update below:

your engine freezes even with 20 versus 20, and this can't be fixed. Of course, you can make Illum 10 vs 10 planet, yes, this will fix it.

We've been over this already. Yes, yes they do. The ones who know how to run an MMO, anyway.

Google search best search.

Oh really,must be why every other game that has to issue rollbacks issued rollbacks of the whole database.

Get through your thick head that this is the only realistic solution that they can implement. If you think they can punish hundreds of thousands of players that got their progression legitimately in the whole game today in order to roll back the few hundreds that got it by exploiting, you must be the most delusional creature on the planet.

People at level 50 fighting it out on Ilum are the vast minority compared to the vast majority of the playerbase that isn't even near to get there.

Demanding for them to completely void the progression of the vast majority in order to hit the vast minority is ludicrous. The only thing you should be asking for is exactly what they promise, for those in that vast minority to be pinpointed and adressed individually.

There's no other solution in the realm of realism. Simple as that.

sure people might be mad that they lost an entire days worth of progression. they might even have avoided ilum when they heard the stuff that was going on. they were honest players who did nothing wrong.

they will be angry! but they will be even more angry if they go to pvp and those people who got all that valor are dominating warzones to the point where its not even worth trying.

i love how minor issues on patchday make alot of morons leave the game so we have more intelligent people left to play with so it makes more fun. i believe this was fully intended by bioware, just genius! thanks alot for that!

I dont think these were the only issues at hand. Frustration was building among alot of people who enjoy pvp before this, especially on faction biased servers. Most of these people were hoping todays patch would help a lot of headaches occuring, not worsening the overall issue.

apparently you did

Nah I read shorter ones like this lol. I saw his and almost died laughing... he prob started writing that when it was page 75. He had a lot on his mind obviously.

So yea I didnt read it, but now that its mentioned if anyone did.... drop me a line Im interested to know :)

Minor issues? Do you even have a level 50? Fail trollololol

one of the first battlemaster imps on darth traya, for your info, weeks ago. still im not whining about other people getting to battlemaster fast now, i like competition. unlike you obviously.

Minor issues? Do you even have a level 50? Fail trollololol

I have 2 level 50's and this only caused me a minor inconvenience. Bugs on patchday are always to be expected. 15 hours of a pvp zone not working as intended is by no means a good reason to cancel your sub.

sure people might be mad that they lost an entire days worth of progression. they might even have avoided ilum when they heard the stuff that was going on. they were honest players who did nothing wrong.

they will be angry! but they will be even more angry if they go to pvp and those people who got all that valor are dominating warzones to the point where its not even worth trying.

That's why those people that exploited need to be pinpointed and their gains removed. Which is the only thing sensitive people should be demanding, instead of this "rollback!!!!!" nonsense that would just make even more people angry.

But of course the few ones that are here out of a honest sentiment aren't even noticing that they're just being riled by the addicted trolls that are pushing for a solution that would have much more damaging effects on the game.

one of the first battlemaster imps on darth traya, for your info, weeks ago. still im not whining about other people getting to battlemaster fast now, i like competition. unlike you obviously.

WoW, an Imp not complaining about the Imps being extremely favoured. You, sir, deserve a medal.

You like being unbalanced you mean. Dont worry we can see the silver lining.. (TROLololOL)

1. apolagize properly to all of us.

2. shutdown servers NOW and rollback to the point u realeased the 1.1 patch.

3. give all players 5 days F2P time for YOUR **** up.

4. Dont insult us with your founder medals...its just a dick move.

5. why punish the people doing what they thought was oki? its your mess for not taking action sooner when we told u somthing just might be wrong here. (although we didnt like getting spawn camped by imp's...its your mess u should have fixed instantly)

Waiting for you to roll-back for 24 more hours. untill then un-subbed and credit card info removed.

You forgot

6. Don't bother having a Public Test Server if you aren't going to bother to listen to the (massive) feedback from your testers or bother to fix issues before releasing them to your live servers. :)

(sadly this pushed it beyond my bs/tolerance limit and I unsubscribed tonight.)

i love how minor issues on patchday make alot of morons leave the game so we have more intelligent people left to play with so it makes more fun. i believe this was fully intended by bioware, just genius! thanks alot for that!

So as the intelligent person you imply to be you will probably understand my reasoning when I say that this is NOT a minor issue, because a minor issue would not affect gameplay balance for weeks to come. Already favored overpopulated side getting an even bigger advantage to make the gap even bigger gear and (valor) level wise? Lag and bugs to the point of unplayability in Ilum? The engine not being able to handle a reasonable amount of people wanting to pvp against each other? In what world are those minor issues?

Thank you for addressing this problem so quickly, guys. I really appreciate it, knowing the amount of work that goes into a hot fix like this. I would like to make one request, though.

Of all of the people that wrote "Quitting" or "Cancelled" or any of the misspellings thereof, could the community managers please post an actual count of the people that actually did quit or cancel versus the ones that cried wolf? I would really appreciate knowing that information. Thank you for all you do. ;)

But lying in our face and just saying oh it was not intended and a bug, when it's absolutly clear that it was never intended and he's lying.

Sorry but thats a sign things wont become better in the near future. You have someone who screws up, won't apologize and wont take responsibility for it.

That guy wont make the game better, such a man only want to keep his job.

How do you have the balls to not apologize for this but also

LIE!!!! And pretend this a bug. All the players who have been to ilum know they your are lieing.

You messed up.

Bioware is a bunch of morons... I seriously wonder if they even test anything or just go with it?

Illum... New Raid = Light sabers with Aim? Willpower loot getting auto assigned to troopers?

Complete morons...

Would like to know what bug they had yesterday before this **** of a patch went in!

Bugs happen, if you feel that you can do a much better job then go make your own game. The you can whine about yourself instead.