Update on Ilum Open World PvP issues

GabeAmatangelo

i canceled too, but illum is just the tip of the ice berg, it just reminds me too much of the warhammer fail

EA GIVE YOUR PEOPLE MORE TIME TO POLISH THEIR GAME SRSLY 300 Million :eek:

yes im a troll or whatever, but it just feels good to write your frustration out

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed, I would love to see these stats

Those arent the stats they need to be looking at. I would like to see the Valor gains on Ilum today. Right now, those are the only #$%^ stats that matter and need to have action taken about...

It seems everyone started raging to much to see this, Now, can we all calm down?

Going by BW's past track record, no. I personally know a few players who still have several billion credits untouched from the last exploit. Nothing was done then, and nothing will be done now.

LMFAO, been on the forums all night and just noticed this little gem.

Gabe Amatangelo

Principal Lead PvP, Flashpoints and Operations Designer

Talk about someone with WAY too much power in the direction of a game. Frankly I'm shocked that PvE and PvP leads are pretty much the same for end game content.

It actually explains a lot now...

Warhammer at least had a bunch of Ex-Mythic employees to make up for design decisions that you made. This game doesn't have nearly the PvP talent Mythic did...

Edited by mrjoemama

To be honest, I use to read posts like these and half believe it, yeah people threatening to quit are just trolls and stuff. Until, I felt like quitting myself.

The damage done here is trust and faith in bioware. This has been lost, people are more hesitant, reluctant to invest time, money and effort into this game which they believe may screw them over again. This is real, and this is happening, whether people choose to believe they are merely trolls or not.

At the end of the day though, people really don't need to say they unsubbed, and people don't need to call those that do, trolls, idiots, etc. It's basically real, people have unsubbed, bidding their time to see how bioware handles this. Folks have come to realize, the best way to hurt a company, is through their revenue, this is universal, and that's what many have done, many more will do.

I honestly don't know whether this game will make it or not, but I know for a fact, how they handle this event, will dictate it's future.

qft. Couldn't have said it better myself.

I ended my subscription and don't plan on coming back until there is a rollback and they stop treating us like we are stupid. They know everything is ****ed up. When you make a mistake all you need to do is apologize and try to fix it and make it right.

You didn't really apologize. You gave us a formal announcement and didn't do what your community asked for, and didn't explain why you aren't going to do what we asked for.

I honestly can deal with all the annoying bugs in this game because I know you will try to fix it eventually. What I can't support is you messing up and than punishing all of the wrong people.

You're going to punish people for your mistake. Some people obviously were *****, sure. But they weren't exploiting. They were playing within the system that you created. If you didn't like it you should have brought the servers down and stopped it!

You're also not going to do a rollback? Seriously? That needs to be explained. Be a bit more frank. Tell us what's going on a bit, or this issue will just get worse. People paid 60 bucks for your game. If you want them to subscribe you might want to engage them a little after you messed up.

TL;DR It's ok to mess up. It's not ok to mess up and than not fix it. Man up, and do the right thing, even if it's hard.

I honestly don't know whether this game will make it or not, but I know for a fact, how they handle this event, will dictate it's future.

Considering that most people don't even know and care about this event, it's highly unlikely. Sorry to burst a bubble, but those affected are the vast minority of the population, overwhelmed by an enormous proportion.

of course it is a minor issue. noone is getting any advantage from 1 day valor farming. people who exploited this excessively will get their valor removed anyway, was already stated. 1 day lags on ilum? not even a minor issue, its not mentionable. look at other games, they have weeks of unplayability everywhere, not jsut in 1 small zone. engine not handling people pvping each other? i think your pc is not handling it. or why would anyone else i know dont have any issues in pvp warzones?

Well, this is all assuming they do indeed act on their promise and remove valor from those people. I still have my doubts though but I am waiting to be pleasantly surprised. About the lag issue: I don't have issues in Warzones, I had issues like pretty much everyone else when fighting in an operation sized raid against another one on Ilum. I suppose you can understand that I am interested in an enjoyable gameplay experience when doing PvP so that's why I bring this to the attention of the devs so that one day we might get an open PvP world zone that can actually handle the amount of players it is supposed to handle.

Rollback can cause more glitches than fixing it (i.e. item duplication/loss)

But hey, I'm not the one to say whether rollback is a good or bad thing. We Republics werent camped by the Imperials in my server so neither side gained.

But I changed my subscription from 3 months to 1 month. Not because there was no rollback, but Biowares response and attitude towards its players is just wrong.

I will pay another month of subscription. Convince me why I should stay.

Edited by HuorEarfalas

I ended my subscription and don't plan on coming back until there is a rollback and they stop treating us like we are stupid. They know everything is ****ed up. When you make a mistake all you need to do is apologize and try to fix it and make it right.

You didn't really apologize. You gave us a formal announcement and didn't do what your community asked for, and didn't explain why you aren't going to do what we asked for.

I honestly can deal with all the annoying bugs in this game because I know you will try to fix it eventually. What I can't support is you messing up and than punishing all of the wrong people.

You're going to punish people for your mistake. Some people obviously were *****, sure. But they weren't exploiting. They were playing within the system that you created. If you didn't like it you should have brought the servers down and stopped it!

You're also not going to do a rollback? Seriously? That needs to be explained. Be a bit more frank. Tell us what's going on a bit, or this issue will just get worse. People paid 60 bucks for your game. If you want them to subscribe you might want to engage them a little after you messed up.

TL;DR It's ok to mess up. It's not ok to mess up and than not fix it. Man up, and do the right thing, even if it's hard.

Bioware likes the netflix approach.

That screenshot shows you gaining 500 valor. Here's a screenshot of a warzone giving me 1133.

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l552/Adventfayt/Screenshot_2011-12-20_01_13_53_700050.jpg

Uhh not a math guru here but the first screenshot is in a minute of time gaining that valor in the early part of problem vs your completed 10+ minutes and overall good win in a WZ= no comparison

one of the first battlemaster imps on darth traya, for your info, weeks ago. still im not whining about other people getting to battlemaster fast now, i like competition. unlike you obviously.

Heh, keep going. All I'll say is, if you think all imps and no republic getting battlemaster in one day is fair, then cheers to you. Ill have some of what you're having.

The new Ilum is certainly bad, but I'm not about to quit over it. Who cares about a rollback? Say BW fixes this tomorrow, but some Imps got 20 valor ranks and battlemaster gear or whatever. Well, assume this game reaches 10m+ subs like WoW, and look at all those people that got their battle master gear from exploiting this error. It's pretty insignificant.

BW is already addressing this issue, so odds are it's going to be fixed soon, making this extra valor mean nothing in the long run. But you know what's going to matter many years from now? Your founder title. In all seriousness, they're only going to get rarer once they come out. When this game is as old as WoW, I expect they'll be ridiculously uncommon. My only problem is that it could be something a little more impressive than "founder"...

That's why those people that exploited need to be pinpointed and their gains removed. Which is the only thing sensitive people should be demanding, instead of this "rollback!!!!!" nonsense that would just make even more people angry.

But of course the few ones that are here out of a honest sentiment aren't even noticing that they're just being riled by the addicted trolls that are pushing for a solution that would have much more damaging effects on the game.

What was the exploit thought? how do you know your exploiting? if you see a bunch of imperials or republics fighting at an area, you probably will join in.. does that make you an exploiter? probably not intentionally. what about the reports of people going afk and gaining valor?

rather than try to pinpoint the players who exploited ( it would be nice if they did) and those who did things honestly. just punish everyone to be safe. just like if there was a zombie breakout in new-york, they would probably nuke the city/ state to be certain that there was nothing that they missed.

life isnt fair, but you do want it to be as close to fair as possible.

Rollback can cause more glitches than fixing it (i.e. item duplication/loss)

But hey, I'm not the one to say whether rollback is a good or bad thing. We Republics werent camped by the Imperials in my server so neither side gained.

But I changed my subscription from 3 months to 1 month. Not because there was no rollback, but Biowares response and attitude towards its players is just wrong.

/agree and thats why people are raging and cancel subs.

That's why those people that exploited need to be pinpointed and their gains removed. Which is the only thing sensitive people should be demanding, instead of this "rollback!!!!!" nonsense that would just make even more people angry.

But of course the few ones that are here out of a honest sentiment aren't even noticing that they're just being riled by the addicted trolls that are pushing for a solution that would have much more damaging effects on the game.

How are they going to "pinppoint" ? A large % of level 50s on every single server participated in this.

What they will do at best is find a small % who got massive gains and reduce thier gain.

99% of the players that benefited will not loose anything.

Cross faction Wzs will be hit especially hard because the margins are hugely important to create a reasonably equal competition where skill and gear combine with equal numbers to make a "match"

Edited by Hillarious

I dont get all the people who are okay with all this that happened today.

It would be like if you went and got this really nice brand new car... and you were really enjoying it until a month later your stereo exploded and became unusable. Yea its just one part of the car but you paid for the whole car and a lot of the people who bought the car really enjoyed that stereo.

For some people its not ground breaking. For others its a big deal. Stop being douches and saying you are happy people are leaving. Because if there was something you didnt like and were vocal about youd feel like **** if people were telling you to suck it up.

The OP states that no valour can be gained through turret kills, yet people still complain about the "1k valour/minute farming" that the Imps supposedly did.

Can people honestly not read? The replies in this thread make my head hurt.

Stop being sheeps, people. If this massive valour gain actually happened, show us some proof.