The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

3 PM PST; 6PM EST; not a single heavy server.

Mannic

Every server is light or standard in NA as I write this.

In the world there are 5 "heavy servers."

Edit: Make that 3 now.

Its called patching.

You leave work at 5.

usually you are not even home by 6.

Factor in dinner

Factor in patch.

qq more.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Load is not an absolute number, it's measured vs the server cap. Since server caps have increased, load has decreased- even though most servers have more people on them from what I've seen.

You want to have some fun? Go find a post where someone's complaining about too many people in an area ninja'ing spawns or chests, then check their post history and find out when the last time they posted in a "servers are ghost town" thread.

maybe you should play a game with heavy servers.

look at the server status of existing games and choose the heaviest server...

" heavy"

I hear about performance issues in Ilum...

On my "heavy" server there are a total of 37 imp and about 4 republics...

Needless to say the "ground breaking" pvp we hear about is us trying to grab ammo boxes for 3 hours against our own team.

*********** epic!

Its because PAYING customers had enough of bad customer support, bad fps issues, bad optimization.... oh and heres the clincher... EA.

We all know what EA did to Warhammer now don't we.

EA = Sony Online.

I'll play this game again when it goes Free to lay in 6 to 8 months time beacuse of these issues.

These dev's need to swallow their pride, accept their failures and start consolidating servers.
They won't do it when you're telling them they're accepting failure.

Major MMO developers these days intentionally release with too many servers, to minimize issues such as server queues, etc.

Having to merge later is a natural consequence of this, and even the rosiest sales forecasts don't predict 100% retention rates.

So, just let them save face and say they intended to merge servers all along, don't harp on them for failing because they're merging.

Harp on them for failing because they failed, like I do.

Edited by Ansultares

You know people may not immediately run home and log in - there is a little thing called life.

They do for WoW. Servers still exploding.

But not in SWTOR....

And WoW servers are running with ~10k population per server.

Use /who <planet> and check SWTOR numbers. There are not even 2k on empire+rep.

I would say its the same issue we have: servers can't handle more with such a crappy engine.

Also count the servers and compare to wow. 10 million vs 1 million players but same server numbers. That's why this game feels single player. There should be 5 times more players per server.

I am really sad. I like the style of this game but all those technicals aspects are killing it :(

If you just had bought a license for the unreal / crysis engine and put your time into content instead of fixing crappy engines for 5 years :(

Edited by squiek

They do for WoW. Servers still exploding.

But not in SWTOR....

And WoW servers are running with ~10k population per server.

Use /who <planet> and check SWTOR numbers. There are not even 2k on empire+rep.

I would say its the same issue we have: servers can't handle more with such a crappy engine.

Also count the servers and compare to wow. 10 million vs 1 million players but same server numbers. That's why this game feels single player. There should be 5 times more players per server.

I am really sad. I like the style of this game but all those technicals aspects are killing it :(

If you just had bought a license for the unreal / crysis engine and put your time into content instead of fixing crappy engines for 5 years :(

I don't believe I have seen so much confused statistics in a while.

About 1/4 of this is true, and that 1/4 isn't even in the right order.

9:05 PM EST and there's over a dozen heavy pop servers on the east coast. Only TWO of all the servers are light.

Did you have some kind of point or was this a troll post?