The 45 Year and Older Professional Club

Master-Pappy

41 and got my own lawn, but stopped aging at 27. So more correct would be 27 on 14'th year.

Chasing kids that throw snowballls on my window always cracks me up :) Kids nowadays are not what you might call fit... My hope is that at least a few of them had to change underwear :D

It and telecom, happily devorced, 2 kids.

Used to work in sheet metal and welding until i had to re-educate in the late 90's.

Taped music from the radio, Fun Factory on SKY Channel, First gaming "machine" was Sony HitBit in 83. Transformers toys made of metal :D

Not the oldest guy in our guild :)

Will never stop gaming. Might take a pause from time to time thou

• Replies 810
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

48 year old female here, working in IT as a contractor at a Fortune 20 over the past 13 years, minus a 1 year lay off. I loved the post about hauling 2 laptops through security. My gaming Asus laptop goes along always on road trips. I've honed my routine down to not hold up the line at TSA with all the bins I need.

Back to SWTOR after a long absence, having started at launch, and finding myself kind of lost tbh. I am having to really re-learn my toons, only have one 50 I've not even started leveling yet. The friends I used to play with moved on to other things and I left too. Still a WoW player though I'm not finding much to do end game as I'm on a dead server with only a few raiding guilds and ours fell apart. Also fired up my GuildWars 2 again but never really established friendships there either so I will have to decide to put in the effort to do that - same with here. Have one WoW friend I've drug over he played a little before.

One thing I've run into I love is that age doesn't seem to matter, at least with the years of friendships I've built up in WoW. Perhaps I've been fortunate to just miss most douche-baggery. Hope to build up some friendships here, this is still a great game, I'd like to see end game content, but that will have to come with time and the patience of a guild or experienced raiders that will take a nub along. I'm so not a pvp'er.

I've been a stay-at-home mom for 15 years now...I'll be 50 in April. I joined SWTOR a few months after launch, but left for a while because I reached endgame & I've been too embarrassed to team up with anyone because I don't know the first thing about playing on a team. I just came back & am relearning my toons & even started a PVP toon, but I'm still on Tython with that one.

I'd really like to meet someone who's really into exploring & be willing to share their gamer expertise because I don't have any. I saw the "first" Star Wars when I was 12 in the theater, & have been a lifelong fan. However, my son, who is a highly-functioning autistic, became a big Clone Wars fan & revived me just in time for SWTOR, but he's not up for a MMO like this. I'd still like to try things I haven't tried yet, like Galactic Starfighter...that looks so cool & find some more datacrons.

43, retired military and now in my 2nd career in Human Resource Management and while I'm not as hard core a player as I'd like to be, every chance I get, I'm in game, leveling forgotten characters, and enjoying.

I've been a stay-at-home mom for 15 years now...I'll be 50 in April. I joined SWTOR a few months after launch, but left for a while because I reached endgame & I've been too embarrassed to team up with anyone because I don't know the first thing about playing on a team. I just came back & am relearning my toons & even started a PVP toon, but I'm still on Tython with that one.

I'd really like to meet someone who's really into exploring & be willing to share their gamer expertise because I don't have any. I saw the "first" Star Wars when I was 12 in the theater, & have been a lifelong fan. However, my son, who is a highly-functioning autistic, became a big Clone Wars fan & revived me just in time for SWTOR, but he's not up for a MMO like this. I'd still like to try things I haven't tried yet, like Galactic Starfighter...that looks so cool & find some more datacrons.

If you are on The Harbinger, look me up. We have several females and elderlies :rolleyes: in our guild, including me... who is both.

• 3 weeks later...
I'm a 44 year old professional, a SVP. At one of the top 3 banks in the US. None of my peer understand my hobby. Any RP guilds on Ebon Hawke, that are primarily older professionals?

Check out Universal Investigations, pub side. Many of us are older though they all tell me that I'm far younger than a number...around 12 lol. Several of us are +40s.

Every once in a while it dawns on me that I am teaming with folks that weren't even born when I bought the socks I am wearing. I know this as I often team with my three sons. As a 47 year-old professional who leads a multi-million dollar project for a large corporation, I am sure that many of my co-workers would be shocked if they knew that when I get home I log on to SWTOR and pretend that I am a Master Jedi for 2-3 hours. Not that it bothers me. It keeps me young in mind and heart.

It got me to thinking, "How many others out there are like me?" I'm sure I'm not the oldest player out there. So, if you fall into the geriatric crowd within SWTOR, give a shout out with your age and profession. It will be cool to know who is out there.

Had to tell a tank, my boots are older than you are....with decade to spare.:eek::eek:

• 6 months later...

Hi all,

Found my post from years ago after getting a notice someone posted on this thread in my email.

I am back after a 3 year break. Big improvements, tons of content to play, for just a month of sub'n! My team is back as well, loving the game again.

I am 45 now and still love gaming as I have my whole life. I find being part of the story is always more fun then just watching any movie or tv show.

Its time to game!

- Kismet

Leader, Ring of Destiny

13+ Years of Fun, Laughter and Teamwork.

42 Here, been playing games for 35+ years, wife, children, job, "The boss", etc... Been leading our guild, Ring of Destiny, for 10 years and loving it.

Your not alone in your perception. I noticed the other day I have a 20 year old shirt that is older then some of the people who I work with. I remember when I was younger my father saying this to me. "i've got clothes older then you" lol!

Games are a great way to stay young. Much more fun then a boring TV & watching the same old movie again.

Keep on gaming & wish you the best!

- Kismet

Leader, Ring of Destiny

http://swtor.kismetbp.com

2002-2012 - 10 years of Teamwork & Fun together!

I'm 36 and wonder when I'll ever stop gaming. If you're 48 then that gives me a clue Lol.

You are way too young to be wondering.... I'm 59 and there are at least six people in my guild in that are over 55...at least three of us are grandparents. ;)

You are way too young to be wondering.... I'm 59 and there are at least six people in my guild in that are over 55...at least three of us are grandparents. ;)

Heck I'm 68 been playing since I participated in the last Beta. Iplayed both KOTOR and syill have them on my computer.

Every once in a while it dawns on me that I am teaming with folks that weren't even born when I bought the socks I am wearing. I know this as I often team with my three sons. As a 47 year-old professional who leads a multi-million dollar project for a large corporation, I am sure that many of my co-workers would be shocked if they knew that when I get home I log on to SWTOR and pretend that I am a Master Jedi for 2-3 hours. Not that it bothers me. It keeps me young in mind and heart.

It got me to thinking, "How many others out there are like me?" I'm sure I'm not the oldest player out there. So, if you fall into the geriatric crowd within SWTOR, give a shout out with your age and profession. It will be cool to know who is out there.

You kids. Always complaining about something. :p

I'm 48 years old and a huge fan of Star Wars and of SWTOR. I was around 10 years old when the 1st Star Wars movie came out, and have been a fan ever since. I'm a retired member of the 501st Legion, and like many of the other people in this thread, I too come home after work and escape into the world of Star Wars. I may be pushing 50, but I will always be a kid at heart.

Mid 40's married LEO who has been on the job for 18 years now. Before that I was a 19D in the US Army after I stopped going for my teacher's certification to be an academic (History was my field). Currently debating finishing that cert or getting a Paralegal degree (taking a few Paralegal classes atm). Need to do something when I retire. Not just a gaming geek also a cycling geek and my coworkers alternate busting my shoes over video games and wearing spandex when I am racing lol.

I'm also a 22 year veteran of law enforcement. I'm 48 and have been playing this game since it launched. I did take about a 6 month break, but am now back to the universe I fell in love with when I was a kid. I currently play on "The Shadowlands" server and have two level 60 characters. One is a Jedi Knight and the other is a Sith Assassin. The Jedi Knight just started the Fallen Empire missions. Since I took a 6 month break, I am no longer a member of a guild. However, it would be cool to join a guild with members that are all around my age. :)

very soon 62, old gran'ma with 2 sons, husband, doggie and cat.

I play since my 2 boys needed too (from memory Zelda, Mario etc) then i went on AC ac2, where i encountered my husband gamer as me and together we went on AO, Aion, WOW, ESO, and we always come back to starwars..

When my bones are not reminding me my age, i feel like 17 years old. (2 accounts full of characters)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.