1.1 - Hats off to Bioware! You've earned my subscription.

Lunchboxzt

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha so true, the forums are swamped with QQs and flamers because the vast majority of us are in-game, happily playing an excellent MMO.

You too have my subscription BW. Keep up the good work.

Sincerely,

Republic PvP Player

Are we playing the "let's make things up and use them as facts" game?

I'm having a different experience

Ilum ridiculousness

UI/CD issues

Random loading screens while not loading anything

Worse FPS

1. You people cried for open PvP. You got it! You cried for something that requires balanced servers, without balanced servers. Now you cry about BW listening to your whining.

2. UI/CD issues, some abilities are not shadowed when on CD. But it's nothing...

3. It makes your planets load much, much faster, and never happened to me during actual combat.

4. FPS is WAAAY better, check your graphical settings, also game looks way nicer, loads faster and is smoother. They really did commendable job with optimization.

*load patch, install, wait for servers to come online*

*rush to Ilum to do the dailies, curse the ability delay in mass pvp*

*be happy that atleast there some fighting going in pvp area*

*go and do the new flashpoint in hardmode, immensely enjoy the experience*

*pick the follow up quest, rush to the robot at the flashpoint portal, "wait for next major patch"*

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

All in all, great show Bioware, hoping for more of the same in the future.

Also, a short wish list for future:

More dialogue and DS/LS choices in flashpoints.

Fix it so we get the damn social points from heroics.

1. You people cried for open PvP. You got it! You cried for something that requires balanced servers, without balanced servers. Now you cry about BW listening to your whining.

2. UI/CD issues, some abilities are not shadowed when on CD. But it's nothing...

3. It makes your planets load much, much faster, and never happened to me during actual combat.

4. FPS is WAAAY better, check your graphical settings, also game looks way nicer, loads faster and is smoother. They really did commendable job with optimization.

1. No, they didn't. Read the public test server threads for over a week about how this was going to be a disaster.

2. It absolutely is something when you try to unstun yourself and the ability is not greyed out and it doesn't work.

4. Nothing has changed. This is all in your head.

most have played WoW from WotlK and Cataclysm...not played WoW at launch or within the first year....heck they just finally fixed warrior charge..it only took them how long?

and in 4.3 here is the patch notes

so why are people gonna complain about this game when that one has been around 7 years and still isnt perfect? BW is doin a great job...everything takes time...most kids and young adults these days thing they deserve everything 100% perfect...they really need to grow up....

QFT. Anyone that played WoW or was in any of their betas knows how great this launch has been. This game has an amazing foundation to build upon. That is what any good MMO needs to succeed and that is what this game has. MMOs are iterative by their nature. There are so many variables that go into making a game this complex that it is ridiculous for people to expect it all to be perfect at launch. The foundation is there, and BW has shown that they're willing to patch quickly and often to fix bugs, provide content and improve our overall experience with their game. This is the nature of MMOs, if that upsets you so much cancel your sub and come back in a few months when all the kinks are worked out of the game. In all honesty, the is the best MMO launch I've ever been associated with.

Anyone that is complaining about Bioware's patches and bugs obviously have never pllayed Aion. Two years later and its still crap. At least the dev's here listen and respond to the players. I'll give them a chance.

Thats why Aion failed miserably. Next.

Someone please prove me wrong...but this isn't true. You are thinking of WoW and Blizzards forums. I posted here before I owned the game with this account. I assume I'll be able to after I unsub.

Posting requires an active subscription just like it does with WoW. You will most likely still be able to read the forums though.

OT: Even if the OP is a troll, I actually do think Bioware has earned my subscription. This has been an incredibly smooth launch and initial month. I also seriously doubt there will be any major balancing issues in terms of PvP balance for atleast another 2-3 weeks seeing as a majority of players have yet to hit max level. I think the first major balance will come with Game Update 2 (due in march according to Devs).

I have enjoyed playing this game and have not seen any game breaking bugs during the leveling experience and most of the complaints I have seen about classes being OP or UP have simply come down to those people needing to L2P.

QFT. Anyone that played WoW or was in any of their betas knows how great this launch has been. This game has an amazing foundation to build upon. That is what any good MMO needs to succeed and that is what this game has. MMOs are iterative by their nature. There are so many variables that go into making a game this complex that it is ridiculous for people to expect it all to be perfect at launch. The foundation is there, and BW has shown that they're willing to patch quickly and often to fix bugs, provide content and improve our overall experience with their game. This is the nature of MMOs, if that upsets you so much cancel your sub and come back in a few months when all the kinks are worked out of the game. In all honesty, the is the best MMO launch I've ever been associated with.

Anyone that has played videogames before knows that technological advancements occur over a 7 year period. To expect the same thing no matter how much time passes dooms us to garbage for all eternity.

Amber / Allison if you're reading this please pass on to some decision makers at Bioware.

It's been a rocky first month, and I will be honest, my faith in the longevity of this game faltered a few times. Coming to the forums and reading nothing but walls of negativity (in nearly every subforum), reading about all the bugs I have already been aware of, and new ones I wasn't, it had me down. Monday night I brought a group of semi casual players to [HARD] Bonethrasher only to get repeatedly owned by his AoE damage, we also attempted Soa for 45 minutes or so trying to figure out how to deal with the massive damage and large radius of the lightning balls. Just last week I tried doing [HARD] Revan for about two hours.. that was painful. Killed several bosses in this game just to see the chest stay red.. that sucked.

Walked into [HARD] Eternity Vault and scratched our head a few times when the turrets waxed the healers in the first 2 seconds of the first fight. Got frustrated when I bought the wrong Tionese boots because I couldn't see the set bonus (still have an open ticket on that btw)

And now here we are, on January 18th. and I read that most all of my top pain points are being addressed, AND new content has been added. I'm very excited to check out the new bosses in Karaggs palace.

So here's what I have to say.

WELL DONE! The patch was postponed very late into the night Monday, with no clear timelines. I am certain that a lot of decision making was going on in the late hours of Monday night at Bioware, and I must say, I am very impressed. You could have waited until next Tuesday, but instead you pushed forward and got it out Wednesday, as a guild that raids on Thursday nights, I appreciate that.

There's no doubt the game was pressured for a December release, and you probably weren't ready. But now seeing the wide breadth of bug fixes in 1.1, you have my Subscription for the foreseeable future. I am very impressed with the speed and ability to handle these situations in a timely manner, and am excited to see what you have in store for the player community!

Please continue crushing bugs, tuning 16 man Operations, adding exciting and challenging content, keep working at that new UI, and I have no doubt this game will be around for a long long time (which is what we all want).

TL;DR:

Great Job Bioware, please keep up the hard work!!!

/agree. Regardless of the games bugs or implied/actual faults, I am enjoying myself, and in the end that is all that matters. I'm having fun and to me its worth my $15 a month to keep playing. When the game stops being fun I'll stop playing. Simple as that. No fuss, no "Rage arrgg this game sucks grrr im mad" posts, I'll just end my sub and go to the next thing that I find enjoyment in.

Why is it so hard to fathom that people might actually enjoy this game, and why people must relentlessly try to convince others that this game is so horrible and get them to share their opinion is beyond me. I respect your opinion on the game, have some respect for other peoples.

Forum is full of apologists while the people in game are quitting. Anyone can make things up to use as facts.

Of course people are quitting. It's a fact of MMO life. People quit, other stay. Because it is absolutely impossible to keep every sub. Impossible. The important thing is to keep more than you lose.

Hell, even WoW had mass exoduses, and they're still the benchmark of the industry. I know, I'm one who quit WoW and never looked back several years ago. Didn't make WoW fail. Didn't even indicate that something needed to be changed. I just didn't like WoW. Never have, never will.

No MMO will ever be produced that will please every single MMOer. Ever. And a loss of subs is no indication, whatsoever, that something is wrong with the game. At all.

Forum is full of apologists while the people in game are quitting. Anyone can make things up to use as facts.

I've been reading the forums and your name avatar keeps popping up. Followed by negativity and "Constructive" criticism.

And then you say "Anyone can make things up to use as facts" to show how these "apologists" are wrong and how the "The people" are quitting the game.

Your posts are just....ughhh.

That being said, I have to get back to the game.

C u...around???

Anyone that is complaining about Bioware's patches and bugs obviously have never pllayed Aion. Two years later and its still crap. At least the dev's here listen and respond to the players. I'll give them a chance.

They listen!?!?!?! AHAHAHA. For a week or more the public test forum has been talking about how the Ilum changes would wreck pvp, and they went ahead and did it anyway.. with the exact result posted about over and over.

Anyone that has played videogames before knows that technological advancements occur over a 7 year period. To expect the same thing no matter how much time passes dooms us to garbage for all eternity.

Except it isn't a technology issue, its a genre issue. This isn't CoD or even Skyrim (which although a great game has many bugs itself including the gamebreaking PS3 fps issue). As I said, MMOs are iterative (look it up if you don't know what it means). Its the nature of the game to evolve over time through patching and balance changes. Beta testing can only catch so much. Given the nature of PCs, where components change from PC to PC there will be performance issues that don't get caught in beta. Its the same with balance issues. Combine that with having a deadline for release and its understandable and forgivable (in my mind at least) for things like the UI to be as basic as they are, because that is something that is easily improved up in post-launch patches.

If you're new to MMOs I'd suggest you hang the game up for a few months while they work out these issues you have with the game. Come back in a few months and be surprised at how much they've done to smooth out the kinks.

I've been reading the forums and your name avatar keeps popping up. Followed by negativity and "Constructive" criticism.

And then you say "Anyone can make things up to use as facts" to show how these "apologists" are wrong and how the "The people" are quitting the game.

Your posts are just....ughhh.

That being said, I have to get back to the game.

C u...around???

I think I've made 5 posts all day. So... you don't address the message, just try to attack the messenger. Good job. Does this qualify as an argument to you? Seriously?

I said that to show that anyone could make up things and try to pass them off as facts. Sorry if it went over your head.

you say this but my server is still packed and anyone asking the question "who else unsubbed" gets laughed at.

Your "server" is packed or is it your side? Did you check how "packed" the republic side is?

Please give me what qualifies as "packed"? Republic has 45 in the fleet right now on my server. If half of an entire server's one major city has 45 people... well... "packed" isn't the right word : ).