Post 1.1 Ilum PVP Issues Discussion

JovethGonzalez

Balance Ilum:

1. De-prioritize Ilum as a "zomg world pvp zone".

2. Setup a barrier to opposing factions so they cannot enter the other factions base.

3. Add NPC monsters that drop the items needed for the dailies.

4. Make players drop exponentially more of the item needed than monsters.

Reasoning:

1. It just doesn't work with the imbalances. The only option is something like Tenacity from WoW where the outnumbered faction gets huge HP\Damage\Healing buffs. If they wanted to apply Bolster to Ilum they could, but the outnumbered players would have like 100k hp lol.

2. There's no reason they should be stacked up on the flight point drop off aoeing for hours on end. Prevent Imperial\Republic Ops groups from camping or even entering the bases, and you've resolved a lot of issues.

3. Since Ilum doesn't work as a solely PvP zone, add some Mobs in there that can drop, or have a chance to drop the items you want people to collect. This isn't optimal, but the fact that every server is a 3+:1 Empire:Republic also isn't optimal. If servers are not balanced, balanced world PVP is not possible.

4. This makes killing opposing players the optimal solution, but doesn't make sitting in their base farming them necessarily the best solution. Saying each monster has a 33% chance of dropping the item, and a player is guaranteed to drop 5! You wouldn't mind picking someone off if they came around, but hunting them down will be a pain anyway, so farming monsters is still a guaranteed option.

Listen, I love the idea of Ilum, but because of the Faction Player Distribution it just isn't going to work without some major balancing factors that are just obscure and borderline game breaking.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No its not, there was allways more hord then alliance, and alliance got owned by the hord all the time, till 3-4 good pvp alliace guild showed up and kicked hord a... 100 imp pug vs 40 republic guild run, imps will get owned. Its not nubers its organisation and skill. Not for casual players.

Yes yes, imperials are all pugs and unable to set up organized raids. :rolleyes:

I think the amount of people that would rather be on the forums than playing the game after its first major patch speaks volumes.

Mhmm, this. I hate to post "^^THIS" but,

That is how it is as we all await a reply to the situation for hours on end. Sadly.

Just add an invulnerability buff for 10 sec so that people don't get spawncamped and can manage to get to the taxi. Problem solved I mean as it is now it is not fun for most of the republic players (at least on my server).

10 secs isn't long enough with server lag + people who have bad computers. I do like your thinking and feel this suggestion might be heading in the right dirrection.

To every knee-jerk reacting player out there:

Calm the **** down. Seriously. Patch 1.1 hasn't even been out for a day and you're crying worse than the kid on the floor of the candy aisle. They will fix it. These things take time. Just don't go to Ilum for the time being and calm the **** down.

It's not knee-jerk.

These types of issues have long lasting effects on the gameplay, EVEN if they fix it right now.

Said a million times before here, but just throwing myself on the band wagon:

Grinded 60 the legit way to seperate myself from free-loot campions and now my entire server is in Ilum getting what I spent countless hours on by spaming one attack.

Roll back or bye bye because then there is nothing left for me in this game

i got to 56 m8 was hopeing to get to 60 by the weekend through legitimate reasons, after the disaster with 1.1 i just havn't felt like playing tonight at all, it's a real shame :(

I'm bored at work, so I feel like replying. Firstly, the forum isn't even close to the consensus in game.

Also, some of the things you've posted have been fixed, and some of them (Faction class mirror imblances) were not real to begin with.

LOL have you played more than one class? the diffrence in mirror inbalance is unreal.

And ummmm nope kiras still busted,As well as back alley quest oh yea the skill stutter and delays is even worse now,

Bioware

It may be too late but,

When you have a product that shows the potential that this game has,

and generates the kind of cashflow right off the bat you are undoubtedly working with,

HIRE MORE PEOPLE

Dont give everybody bonuses and raises or pocket the initial revenue stream.

You should be pouring every cent possible back into the game to keep up with the explosive demand for your product. Rather than making a lot of money now, put on your big boy pants and become game development Juggernaut.

^ Someone who gained major valor ranks today

/translate complete

I just logged on, wosh attempted argument blown out of the window. I am going off in 1hr anyways due to College. I was Valor 41 today and I am 42 right now.

10 secs isn't long enough with server lag + people who have bad computers. I do like your thinking and feel this suggestion might be heading in the right dirrection.

maybe it could be 1 min bt breaks when you move (not cast fleet pass/quicktravel)

1: valor gained per 1 death is HUGE. Fix it

2: if you die 2 times in 30s you give the same ammount of valor. Fix it.

3: if you die 5 times in 1 min you give the same ammount of valor. Fix.

The only thing that needs to be fixed in 1.1 is the valor gained by enemies when you die and the valor you worth if u died 2-3-4-5 times in 3 minutes. Every 5 mins you reset valor. If you die 5 times you worth 20% of the ammount.

Fix the valor, its the 1st thing to do it.

Kthxbye

It is spelled ridiculous.

And what is the point of your irrelevant post?

Everyone should just roll Empire and the game would thrive?

Nop, just because you have less #, that is not motivated to go to Illum, rather sit around space staion does not mean you need to get double the valor, war commendation then other side. That is all

However if you chose Republic you obviously are an incompetent fool.

obviously, this is how the developers intended it.

imp story is better, looks better, and is more powerful and imbalance in pvp (aside from there being far more imps than repubs, they are individually more powerful)

If they do a rollback it would be wise to have already shut the servers down by now, right? Anyway if they do a rollback they better give a week or two of free game time to everyone since the free month is basically over, and thousands of people wanted to see this content patch befor deciding on canceling or not.

Best possible solution, fix the problem and then rollback any valor gained from when the patch went live till when you fix it.

This way you get no massive amounts of players complaining from unfair valor rollbacks.

Also just implement some sort of shielding that only allows the specific faction into their own base. Like story mode sections (Jedi Knight Phase ect.) make that for Republic and Empire basses so you have no problems with spawn kill farming or turret farming.

im sure enough complaints have already been made but the new ilum daily is stupid, theres 30 empire and zero republic and we are all fighting over 6 respawning crates in 1 area of the massive map, i cant do my daily now because it will take me a week...what the hell... its all i did on this game and now i cant even do that....