The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Post 1.1 Ilum PVP Issues Discussion

JovethGonzalez

Got to play on my server during my lunch break. I'm Imperial.

My server is experiencing an unbalanced fight, to be sure, but no graveyard camping yet. The turret is doing it's job and keeping us out.

In my opinion, some needed immediate changes are:

-Make the turret invincible

-Increase turret damage by 25%

-Reduction of valor granted by all kills by half, and then reduce the bonus by half.

-IMO, a valor roll back is neccesary.

In the long run:

- A stat bolster for your team depending on how many objectives you are from the center. I'd probably start it with 10% (maybe 15%) stat boost per node you're down (I.E. if pubs are stuck in the base they have 30% more of every stat)

-Make any character under level 48 worth no valor, a level 48 worth 25% normal valor, and a level 49 worth 50% normal valor.

-Get diminishing returns on kills working, because it looks like it's broken to me.

Edited by Scoobings

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think anyone "missed" it - it just wasnt' a meaningful response so much as a plea for understanding and patience. I am a fairly polite and patient guy, but this is a political answer to an obvious issue rather than an attempt to actually inform us concerning the reason for the delay.

Granted, there is no need to "discuss it in a committee," as Han and Leia would say. Just take the servers down and fix it (e.g., rollback) seems to be the answer that was obvious to everyone hours ago. Gamer sites are starting to take notice, and BW is about to have a lot of unnecessary mud in its eye, which I don't want. I love BW - my favorite game developer. I don't want this to tank their image.

Agreed 100%. Small bugs aside SWTOR looked really promising.

And then this happened.

I canceled my subscription.

A failure this massive... and we were WARNING them the whole time it would happen! Not to mention the massive history of this EXACT THING happening in every other game. I have no more faith that they can make an MMO at all.

I don't see how they can earn any trust back after this.

God, and now I get a forum warning... so please BioWare are you kidding us? what a joke? please return my 75 Eur NOW or just do your job and fix this or just give an explanation to us and not a "We are working in" like C2-N2 Edited by Berme

I'm glad I don't pvp lol. This game sorry to say has no hope unless BW is really willing to listen to the people and give them what they want. The only way to Fix Ilum is to cross server instance it and regulate the number of players for each faction. Just cross server Pvp all together and toss Ilum in the pvp Q and problem solved.

Let me tell you how smart it would be to roll back valor to appease a small group of people so they don't quit. Think about all the people who are farming it now? That is a MUCH larger portion, reset them and BioWare will lose MUCH, MUCH more than you small group of legit's. BioWare is already on thin ice with the community as it is. They will not reroll valor.

Due to me being at work (shift working) at this time I am unable to farm republic for valor so BW please compensate me by giving me free rank 100 valor and full battlemaster set.

P.S. I am trolling ofcourse. The situation is ridicoulous. I am at the empire side but still don't want some overgeared and overfarmed characters on my side rolling with high end gear because they have exploited the faction imbalance and BW stupidity.

This will also be a problem for Imps as well, because if we still get stuck doing huttball all the time those that used this exploit will have the best gear and will make huttball even more of a pain then it is now.

But please stop the bleeding before every Imp is valor 60 on my PVP server. There just spawn camping the place and collecting free valor. GG

A simple solution would have been to instance Illum so there were an even number on each side 20 vs 20 or so.

Also you need to make it so that the spawn points can not be camped. How would you like to be a month into playing a charcter then not be able to play it because of a bad design change.

Either Rollback - Or at least reset the place to the way it was before this not tested change took place. Thanks.

OH AND FOR GOODNESS SAKE DO IT NOW BEFORE YOU GIVE EVERY IMP A FREE RIDE TO 60 VALOR JACKSMACKS!

Very rarely like to throw my lot in with the horde, but the valor needs to be rolled back.

One of my mates has spent a hell of a long time grinding his way to Battlemaster the legit way, only to find 2 days later the whole world's essentially on fire and PvP/Illum has become an utter disastar zone of easy Valor and unbeatable premades.

Chaos is all this patch has brought, total and utter chaos.

Easy valor??

If you are an Imp, thats for sure..

It takes me several hours just to get the Daily done..

Make Illum a Warzone?

When 20+ peps are qeued up from each faction, then you will join illum,,

I know it will remove the open world pvp zone, but it's not even that now.. its just a neveending Imp manifest

So... what EXACTLY happened to break ilum? I know that it's broken and I've seen screenshots of massive amounts of imperials but I still can't seem to find a post saying what exactly started it all. What was different before the patch that changed to break it after the patch? Can anyone tell me?

Let me tell you how smart it would be to roll back valor to appease a small group of people so they don't quit. Think about all the people who are farming it now? That is a MUCH larger portion, reset them and BioWare will lose MUCH, MUCH more than you small group of legit's. BioWare is already on thin ice with the community as it is. They will not reroll valor.

Lol derp.

Dear Mr. Joveth Gonzalez,

This awefull patch has made me :

- unable to group with my friends and play pvp matches.

- unable to play the useuall 30-35 pvp matches on an evening now with no level 50 republics on my server i had 2 pvp matches.

- Guard is still buggy as hell. There is no extra nice grapics to see who is autotargetted.

- unable me to even set a foot inside the Ilum pvp area since i get one shotted within 2 secs by 50 Empires.

- Unable to do my win of 3 daily pvp matches because i can even enter 3 pvp matches.

It's really really bad. Did you test it ? Did you have meetings on the impact of this patch ? do the people working at bioware have any clue about pvp at all ?

i would respectfully remind you that the definition of MMO's where one M stand for "Multiplayer" aka play with friends is bascily the cornerstone of every single MMO.

To think that absolutly nobody at Bioware said when testing this patch "Wait a moment, groups of friends cannot team up anymore like they are used to for the last 30 evenings and now will have to solo" is absolutly beyond belief. Not the mention the way to fast release and the massivly amount of exploits on Ilum currently going on as i type this.

You Sir, should be ashamed for this patch and i hope you will send this complain to some of the senior managers....

Sincerly,

Edited by Sunflake

RED ALERT

For the Devs, here is an idea...Don't broadcast to the side with the higher pop where all theie enemies are; In this case telling the Imps where all the Republic forces are being spotted on in Ilum. For those of us who were lucky enough to escape the base, we were hunted down because in BIG BOLD RED LETTERS, told who and where we were. How about instead, the side with the lower pop sees the RED and those who have the numbers do not. I know it's not really an issue of discussion, but it is something that should be addressed.

Sorry, I originally posted this in an inappropriate thread.

Over the last few year I have played several MMO's & one thing that confounds me & ruins the games for me is all the nerfing that happens right off the get go. Good gawd! This game is still wet behind the ears & already all you are doing is nerfing it because a few whiners cant take the time to figure out how to play the game as is & want immediate gratification to substitute for piss poor player abilities. Out of all the players in this game its natural that you will only hear from the minority so why not wait & let the MAJORITY actually provide valued feedback. You don't hear from the majority who are also proficient players because we are happy. Why start nerfing this game when its still so new. Every new MMO that has come out in the last few years & started nerfing right away because of a bunch of whining has failed or at the very least has had their membership drop to half (or much less) of what it could have been. LEAVE THE FRIGGEN GAME ALONE! Note the whining & let it ride. Wait until you can get feedback from the majority either through active solicitation or general input. You already screwed up by nerfing slicing, now this crap?

As an old fart who has been playing around for YEARS, (& as a large public program manager for years) I am telling you, you guys a screwing up by the numbers. The most vocal sector is not always the majority & in 6 months this game will fail like Rift did if you don't stop now. Some in my group have been beta testing for you since day one & we are, I think, a more mature professional crowd .... & NON OF US WANT, BELIEVE IN OR SUPPORT these nerfs.

Come on guys, you can do better than this. Don't give in to the narrow minded, mostly minors, whiners here. Roll back these nerfs.

Oh, & I know there are going to be many folks who will unfortunately want to flame out here. Rant all you like, this is not for you but for the developers & I wont be back around to view you trash talk so have it kids.

I agree with you on this one. I played a lot of PvP and never seen uber-OP classes like some people tends to pretend on the forum. As for the nerf, I don't think that they are nerfing based on whiners but more on data collected from the servers. I do wish that they are able to analyse most of our moves and see where the game needs nerfing.

Well you made a good point and I agree with you :)

While I am not 100% on this, I seem to remember something significantly similar when WoW introduced area control points on pvp servers?

I know servers varied less than TOR, but on my server horde was vastly outnumbered by alliance. Things settled down after 72 hours and it because boring.

You'll have to do a rollback of valor earned today due to the exploit, and the smart thing would be to put barriers up around Republic bases so Imps cant go inside and spawncamp, and do vice versa for the Imps. Make the battlefield the actual field and not in the bases.

You may even take it a stretch further and have scheduled Base raids, like once a week at say, 10CST, where one faction tries to take the others base by PvP and interacting with an object or killing a super elite boss (see also: Aion abyss sieges).

An easy way to solve ilum would be to remove getting valor points from AOE's and reducing pvp aoe damage by 50%.

Its not the points but its just the stalemates. Both sides just making a no mans land in the middle and one or two people trying to get close to melee. All you have to do is tag a few players and it counts.

As a healer all I have to do is an aoe heal and a few hots and I can get up, get a drink and watch an epesode of daily show:P I like how I have a reason to heal, but it feels like there isn't a reason to get out of these stalemates.

And all those people wanting a valor rollback, this is not going to get you battle master fast. I was at 50 before this and its still going to take another few hours till I get there. Its just making people who are close getting it faster