The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Post 1.1 Ilum PVP Issues Discussion

JovethGonzalez

How about instead of just fixing Illum, you fix the pvp ques for regular warzone matches. I have been waiting 3 hours to get into 1 pvp match. This is just stupid. Bioware you need to make it 10 lvl increments for pvp matches.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Open world PvP can't work in a game with faction imbalances...and only 2 factions.

Thats MMO PvP 101..... you either make it a free for all or have THREE FACTIONS so that the smaller two factions can gang up on the largest. Otherwise this kind of crap will happen all the time. Seriously this isn't some insightful revelation....we've known about this since DaoC ffs.

Scrap Ilum as a World PvP hub, make it like wintergrasp in WoW. Allow only a 100 or so players from each faction per instance. Yeah that means empire might now be able to play in ilum when they want. They can either switch or enjoy huttball....im empire btw. Speaking of switching, allow empire players to somehow to switch to republic (playing equivalent AC). Make it a story questline, since thats what you are good at. The reasons are obvious. Im sure it could only help population imbalances.

Three didn't work in DaOC if you ever played it. What did work though in retail rule set DaOC is:

1. Darkness Falls

2. Standard quest zones and cities behind walls with guards

3. Open world pvp on the other side of walls whereas everyone is flagged for pvp, risk, rewards in the form of realm points, better exp, and drops

4. Ladder system and realm ranks, weekly statistics, and a reason to pvp

5. PvE was separate outside of Darkness Falls which was controlled by realm that held more keeps - again, a reason to pvp

6. Alliance system other than cumbersom trade channels - guilds alligned up, shared common chat, got stuff done, claimed keeps, etc

This, here and what WoW did to the community - is horrible and not anything related to world pvp with a ryme or reason other than the short term thrill of the kill. Everything else is warzone based and tieing people to a map.

Hi folks,

We're currently investigating potential issues related to the Ilum open world PVP area post 1.1. We understand that this is a topic of much discussion and we ask that you please direct all discussions to this thread.

As always, we ask that the community keep the following things on mind when responding:

• No insults, name calling, or personal attacks
  • Please stay on topic.
  • If someone violates the Rules of Conduct, please flag it instead of replying to it.

We will update as soon as we have more information.

Update #1

Hey everyone, I just wanted to let you know that we are currently working on an official response to these issues (we used the term "potential" during our initial investigating, and have now removed the wording on the title of this thread) and we will be posting it soon. Please understand that these issues require some time to investigate and we are making sure that we provide you all with the most updated information in our official response.

We understand that some of you may be frustrated, but we ask for your patience on this to give us time to respond with thorough developer input.

Thank you to those of you that have been posting constructively in this thread.

We will have a response shortly.

No offense, but this has to be the worst patch I have seen in any game for some time now.

Here's your options.

1- Allow Cross-Realm WZs

2- Allow Faction-changes.

3- Rollback Valor. (Actually, this is a must at this point.)

4- Read 2.

Well pvp was ok for awhile, but yeah i have to agree, this is one of the biggest f'ups ive seen in a game and definately the slowest reaction time from a "AAA" game company.

Do you people have anyone on your team that have played mmos before? it seems highly unlikely seeing all the huge mistakes that any mmo player could have seen coming, from this pvp debacle to not having a combat log to game crippling bugs in the end game, do yourselves a favor and hire some people with mmo experience, or at the very least go play wow or rift and get some ideas.

Hey everyone, I just wanted to let you know that we are currently working on an official response to these issues and we will be posting it soon. Please understand that these issues require some time to investigate and we are making sure that we provide you all with the most updated information in our official response.

We understand that some of you may be frustrated, but we ask for your patience on this to give us time to respond with thorough developer input.

Thank you to those of you that have been posting constructively in this thread.

We will have a response shortly.

lol I love how everyone has missed this.

Relax they say. It will be fine they say. I say that's crap.

The only possible fix is to rollback the valor, I don't want to compete against 200 battlemasters when I hit 50 next week, I do not.

If they simply don't revert the valor gained since 1.1 I am canceling my sub.

PvP is what I play SWTOR for, and nothing else. People having HUGE gear advantages due EXPLOITING a patch is not what I signed up for.

Rollback the valor gained since 1.1 or lose thousands of subs, seems like an easy choice for bioware.

Yet why do I have the feeling they'll just let everyone keep their valor, like with the money exploits.

I think this is pretty close to a suicide for BioWare, even if they do take action.

There were plenty of disappointed people that have been raging about super annoying game bugs since the game came out. NOW even the calmest gamer 'Joe' is raging and everyone else quitting...

It will be interesting to see what happens next, and what step BW takes, as it will likely decide the game's destiny.

Why?

1) Imps will keep farming/destroying Reps.

2) Reps will quit or roll Imps.

3) Imps will be the only faction on most servers.

4) Imps will get bored and game will die.

This post is accurate

Haha I bet Blizzard is happy now thay will break sub record when next expansion becuse another competiton to them manage to kill them self.

And i so had hoped for this game.

Leveling was awzome, but as soon i stepted in to a raid it felt fail in big scale just a big mess.

So i turned to pvp becuse tbh it was quite fun even if sentinels got **** loads of action "delays" and this game seems to favor range classes. But today my hope for good pvp is gone, JK pvp armor design is just Bull. The sentinel "bugg" got even worse with the new UI fix. And ilum is just a big joke.

And for the love of god I dont want to go thrue 3 tunnels, a elevator and a shuttel when i'm traveling between planets.

And fix something exept ilum to do between raids that is less epic then Shadowfang Keep and PVP queueing. The Fleets are boring it is Shattra all over the place.

Im not raging right now I am waiting for how they end up responding to this situation.

I was kind of bored with the game before today. How they react to this could either get me interested again or be the catalyst for me moving on.

I have quit games in the past because the developers have simply ignored mistakes they have made until people either quit or forgot about it. So that would be nothing new, but if they actually responded to this issue in a way I like I could see it having the opposite effect.

No offense, but this has to be the worst patch I have seen in any game for some time now.

Here's your options.

1- Allow Cross-Realm WZs

2- Allow Faction-changes.

3- Rollback Valor. (Actually, this is a must at this point.)

4- Read 2.

Cross Realm Warzones will solve little (Faction wise anyway) the faction imbalance is not limited to a few servers.

Faction changes will probably like everything else take too long to implement. We cannot even get moveable UI elements so....

Rollback Valor does need to be done, but you're going to upset a lot of players when you do it. By the way EA/Bioware did you ever roll back all the credits gained through the exploits?

lol I love how everyone has missed this.

You mean that post from an hour and twenty minutes ago?

No, we saw it.

It wasn't a response. It was a response teaser.

We're still waiting for the response. An hour and twenty minutes later.