Post 1.1 Ilum PVP Issues Discussion

JovethGonzalez

Can you imagine if the White House came out and talked about the "potential" financial crisis we may or may not be in? How about if your doctor said your life threatening illness may potentially be a problem and he'd need to look into it.

This isn't "potentially" a problem anymore. It's well past that stage. The only potential problem you should be looking into is how bad it'll multiple once the peak hours hit.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I read in another thread that this exploit is a hoax. If it doesn't really exist, then I apologize for my comments. I guess it's just an attempt by some people to get folks who are stuck at work riled up. And it succeeded admirably.

its not a hoax, we have a partner guild on imp side confirming the outlandish valor gains

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is my conclusion regarding all of the discussion I've seen here.

Turrets don't provide valor. Increased valor from killing enemies while all bases are capped is pretty hefty though.

So...

1. The people saying they got from level 0 to 60 valor in 5 minutes are lying or greatly exaggerating to stir up drama.

2. The source of relatively substantial amount of valor gained is solely from spawn camping. While probably more than was intended, it's not a 0 to 60 in 5 minutes method.

Is that about right?

NO LEGITIMATE WAY TO GET OUT OF ILUM BASE IF SPAWN CAMPED

Right now the only way to get out of base if spawn camped is to queue for a warzone and then becoming inactive in the warzone spawn area so that it kicks you out. When it kicks you out, you spawn at the republic fleet. This is the ONLY way to get out of Ilum atm.

Edited by AndantePhist

Turrents gave valor idiots people had their alts rank 60 so be prepared to be rolled hard from now on repub moer than before. Cuz on my server its already 300 to 1 and now we all have bm gear and our alts. Roll back is so weak for ppl that were playing normally gg bioware u just f'd ur game in the a.

a BW post as the OP and then 0 since

any bets on the next one? I'm gonna bet we never hear again from them in this thread

It's not gonna come anytime soon. They effed up this one badly and I don't see how they will make a reasonable fix at this point. Stupid move on BW's part to put in knee-jerk changes for something that really didn't need a change, now people are going to be turned off to this game on the last night before subscriptions become active.

Meanwhile I still have 9 quests in my Mission Log which I cannot abandon. This company is clueless to what is going on, I feel like a moron for buying 3-months upfront.

I dont want to play other game, so please fix this *********** patch.

Ilum didnt worked before and it wont work in the future.

The desing its broken, it doesnt go well with the engine, and you changed the pointless trade objetives to a pointless zerg hurting those faction with less people

I never wanted to pvp in ilum and it seems i will never want to.

I dont want a dumb zerg pvp, i want fair pvp like WZ.

*********** delete ilum and put ranked WZ.

Holy sweet Jesus lol.

Do you really expect BioWare's core dev team to meet, decide, implement, and deploy a fix within three hours of releasing the patch? Let me give you some insight here from a fellow game developer with a different / unaffiliated company.

It is likely that EA manages our SWTOR accounts (as they are connected to our EA master account). In addition, BioWare probably has one department managing the code repository, one department managing the game servers, another department managing the game database(s), and so on and so on.

In the end, it takes about as much time to create and deploy the patch as it takes to roll it back, especially when you consider how much coordination must take place between departments. Give BioWare some time here guys. I'm sure they are working very hard here to address our concerns...

Rollback else game is dead,

The concept was fun, I had fun going in an ops group and facing Rep's, on Swiftsure and Reps here put up a good fight but Imp zergs managed to get into Rep Base after 2 hours of battle and spawn camp the spawn point. Had tons of fun, minus the lags, loading screens...

BUT the valor gain is very big, ppl getting 200 valor for a kill is insane, converts to about 2000 a min on a zerg vs zerg battle, 18000 valor an hour.

Now from a WZ you get around 1400 in 30 mins, + the 5-10 min que wait. Anyone see a problem?

I was valour rank 51 before patch, playing a month casually but dutifully doing around 3-10 WZs a day. Now with patch you can get valor rank60 in a day or two. That pisses me off.

And I can't imagine what the Reps are going through, most prob unsubbed already.

Reroll or joining the unsubbers.

True story. So I was at rank 59 valor, about 80% into it last night. My buddy was rank 37.

Today, while I'm still at work, my buddy is already rank 55 from sitting afk in Ilum while working from home, while I'm still rank 59. At this speed he will hit BM before me, today.

Good f#cking game.

NO LEGITIMATE WAY TO GET OUT OF ILUM BASE IF SPAWN CAMPED

Right now the only way to get out of base if spawn camped is to queue for a warzone and then becoming inactive in the warzone spawn area so that it kicks you out. When it kicks you out, you spawn at the republic fleet. This is the ONLY way to get out of Ilum atm.

WARZONE, then get afk booted from that warzone.