End of Level 50 Pvp(low Pop Server)

JBGames

I'm on a heavy population server, and you can take 4 guys to queue as a group, wait 10 minutes, and find that the other 4 guys are not level 50. It should be obvious that requiring everyone to be level 50 would significantly increase the time it took to get a group.

People are confusing the issue of geared level 50s rolling people under level 50, but those guy will roll fresh level 50s as well. If a level 50 only has 12-13K HP I pretty much kill them as fast as a level 10. Note that a 12-13K HP level 50 doesn't even have a signifcant edge on a level 10 if that guy is reasonably geared.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, what I'm hearing is that 50 pvp will be no more..

What you fail to realize is that the game is 1 month old.

Take WoW for example (I don't play WoW), which is years old. If they had just made a max level bracket, would it change anything? No. It's because the majority of WoW players are already max level. This is an "issue" that fixes itself with time. It can't be hotfixed.

Please stop QQ'ing.

WOW didnt even have BGs when it launched. they didnt come into play until their first or second major update. I cant remember all the details because it was a long time ago and I didnt play it a lot, but I want to say it many issues as well when they first dropped their WZs.

BTW it's NOT fixed.

Divide the remaining lvl's into brackets as well, or simply two tiers

1-9 (nothing, get your starter abilities first)

10-29

30-39

40-49

Problem solved.

Fixed.

PS... I really am with you on this, but the capped players shouldn't be lobbed in with others, They should always have their own bracket

For those of you who dont like fighting all 50's its because your not a truly competitive pvper. If Q times are the only complaint the just give it a while. More people will begin to ding 50 and the Q's will get better. A lot of complaints on these forums are fairly harsh for a company who is making their first MMO. This game is in its early stages, people who are allready unsubing because of a complaint are just doing it wrong. There is no way to tell what this game will bloom into, its just too early. Posting issues is great, just have a little patience with the makers scrambling to fix thousands of problems. It cant be just like WoW off the bat, WoW had years to polish itself.

Its only been one day! Iv been getting my *** ganked by 50's in warzones for the last 3 weeks. Its quiet annoying, and completely unfair.

You say level fast? Sorry, I have a job/wife/kids that I pay attention to. Its not like I have a wife/kid and ignore them 24/7 just to play star wars.

Wa wa to 50's

Im 44 so ill be 50 soon, at least i dont have to deal with overpowered sith anymore. Yippie for the patch!

Fixed.

PS... I really am with you on this, but the capped players shouldn't be lobbed in with others, They should always have their own bracket

If there were any brackets, I believe it would only have to be 10-19, 20-49, 50.

I play on my lvl 35 char all the time in WZ's before the 50 bracket and I did great. Because of the bolster stat, the only real disparity between a lcl 20 and 49 is a somehwat larger pool of skills and some more talent points. Those two things do give you an advantage, but not one that you can't overcome. the expertise and battlemaster gear, however, was one that you could not overcome.

I'd but 10-19 in a bracket, just because their pool of skills is low.

Edited by Auhfel

You have to have warzones that are bracketed with:

< level 50

At level 50

The reason?

Expertise

At level 50 you get PvP gear with expertise that mitigates damage done in PvP and helps yiou do more damage to players w/out it.

So if you are less than level 50 in a warzone you are a target and hurting the team as a whole since you do crap damage and go down faster than paris hilton in the hotel.

People are confusing the issue of geared level 50s rolling people under level 50, but those guy will roll fresh level 50s as well. If a level 50 only has 12-13K HP I pretty much kill them as fast as a level 10. Note that a 12-13K HP level 50 doesn't even have a signifcant edge on a level 10 if that guy is reasonably geared.

^this. looking forward to the insane whine that will come up on this board in a few weeks/months/years/decades when even the slowest slowass casual managed to finally get a 50 char and then die in 2 secs to a fully bm geared guy using a lvl 10 lightsaber for the lulz.

no i can always move on to the next game(gw2?) that will be ruined by a company listening to casuals :>

Possibly.

Or without being over-sarcastic, just wait.

It's the first evening of the patch. Maybe it will get better tomorrow when all republic level 50 wont have better things to explore and discover than joining wz ( Ibet most of them as exploring the new content => less people in wz, and ofc it affects imperials first because of the pop imbalance)

Possibly.

Or without being over-sarcastic, just wait.

It's the first evening of the patch. Maybe it will get better tomorrow when all republic level 50 wont have better things to explore and discover than joining wz ( Ibet most of them as exploring the new content => less people in wz, and ofc it affects imperials first because of the pop imbalance)

ill give it 1 week then my sub ends (yes i joined late and still im 50 its rly not that hard uc)

if i dont get wz pop within 10 mins its unsub and bye.

its funny, i think the low level people who were always whining about getting smashed by 50s didnt lose because of gear/level difference - they lost because they just arent very good at the game. i started pvp at around level 30 and had no problems making a difference - but playing on a low pop server with few 50s even now (about 10 days after i started pvping at 30) might have had something to do with it, as there were about 4-7 level 50s in each warzone, and everyone else were low level.

now, after not finding a warzone with my level 50 for 2.5h i logged my lvl 12 operative alt and queued for warzone to cure my pvp craving. lo and behold, instant warzone. and being up against people level 20 to 48, i managed to do 210-250k damage per game, every game for 4 games, after which i came here to make this post. it was fun to be the top damage dealer 4 games in a row at level 12 (13 in the 3rd game)!

from this i deduce that the lowbies whining about 50s steamrolling over them werent losing because of gear difference - they were just losing because they are worse players. as it should be.

Personally I thinkthe bracket is not needed, i have a 50 sent which i roll everyone with and i rolled a scoundrel alt which is level 11 and honestly last night i was already dropping 150k, 15-7 on average and stopped nodes and bombs from capping plenty of times. Yes it it alot harder for me to survive at level 11 but im by no means uselsss on the battlefield. They just need to make it so you can save up bags for when you hit 50, you are doing the same grind as the 50's are and your under leveled, makes no sense not to allow the stocking up on rewards.

50s having their own bracket needed to happen. Fresh level 50s weren't so bad, but anytime I got a level 50 on my team in T2 gear I was like "yay, gonna win" ... and we did. Anytime the other team got guys in T2 gear and ours had none, we lost. There was no competition, they could stand in the acid pits and fight the whole team of lowbies on huttball and still not die.

However, most games do use cross-server queues for PvP even though I agree with no cross-server queues for FPs, PvP I think they could make an exception.

its funny, i think the low level people who were always whining about getting smashed by 50s didnt lose because of gear/level difference - they lost because they just arent very good at the game. i started pvp at around level 30 and had no problems making a difference - but playing on a low pop server with few 50s even now (about 10 days after i started pvping at 30) might have had something to do with it, as there were about 4-7 level 50s in each warzone, and everyone else were low level.

now, after not finding a warzone with my level 50 for 2.5h i logged my lvl 12 operative alt and queued for warzone to cure my pvp craving. lo and behold, instant warzone. and being up against people level 20 to 48, i managed to do 210-250k damage per game, every game for 4 games, after which i came here to make this post. it was fun to be the top damage dealer 4 games in a row at level 12 (13 in the 3rd game)!

from this i deduce that the lowbies whining about 50s steamrolling over them werent losing because of gear difference - they were just losing because they are worse players. as it should be.

this. but then again we´re atleast 3 levels above pretty much everyone else in this game :)

Unfortunately your post just comes off as elitist junk. I have a 45, 32, and several 20ish characters. I don't need to rush to 50 in order to please you. I pay for the game the same as you and I deserve to play AT MY LEVELS in a fair playing field, or at least somewhat fair. This patch was absolutely necessary and the timing was perfect. Maybe you should just get a life instead of telling people they were too lazy by not rushing through the game like you did and then getting bored when reality sets in.

rofl rofl rofl...how can you say get a life in this quote when you state you have a 45 a 32 and "several 20"'s....isnt that a lot of game time....

get a job and post on the forums when at work like I do please...

ps. my highest char is 23, are the wz's 1-49 awesome now? :p

Edited by Cwild

The long queues are a factor of everyone that is level 50 being in Illum right now. Certainly all the Sith are zerging the Republic base and farming insane amounts of valor.

If and when they fix the Illum valor fountain, you will start seeing more 50's queuing for WZ's again.

This times godamn a million.

50 brackets are the same as they used to be, but the queue times are slower and it's harder to identify the people that will faceroll you. I just got out of my first WF pop since the change, and it was the least fun I have yet to have in this game. There were several people on the opposing team with if not full, mostly full BM gear, that simply walked around as a group and stomped us. The only time I got any kills was when I snuck around the edges and tried to pick off followers.

Apparently sorcerer pvp is hard. Bubble self, use 1 dot, one knockback, spam chain lightning (one interrupt with a 4s lockout is about enough to make you think you might have a chance, then they finish you off).

Perfect example of someone who thought they were good pre-patch.

This is hilarious. When I play WZs, all the 50s would ***** about there being all these inferior players (apparently taking your time to enjoy a game instead of rushing to 50 makes you inferior) and how they couldn't wait for brackets so they wouldn't be forced to play with low level noobs anymore. Now, you want the brackets to go away because you don't have anyone to play with.

HAHAHA... serves you right.

Edited by seekerofpower

This is hilarious. When I play WZs, all the 50s would ***** about there being all these inferior players (apparently taking your time to enjoy a game instead of rushing to 50 makes you inferior) and how they couldn't wait for brackets. Now, you want the brackets to go away.

i think you will find this to be yet another case of a vocal minority *********** **** up. usually the people blaming low level people are the ones that fail themselves and cant accept it and thus try to find a reason for their loss - 'oh there was a lvl 17 guy in the team, yep thats why we lost - even though he did twice as much of everything as i did!'

i dont think someone in their right mind, playing on a low population server (with like 60 people on fleet at primetime), would ask for separate pvp brackets for level 50s.

This is hilarious. When I play WZs, all the 50s would ***** about there being all these inferior players (apparently taking your time to enjoy a game instead of rushing to 50 makes you inferior) and how they couldn't wait for brackets so they wouldn't be forced to play with low level noobs anymore. Now, you want the brackets to go away because you don't have anyone to play with.

HAHAHA... serves you right.

QFT! In nearly every WZ, there was always some player spouting off how they wish lowbies would stop queueing so that the level 50s could have the place to themselves.

Edited by Kemmer

^this. looking forward to the insane whine that will come up on this board in a few weeks/months/years/decades when even the slowest slowass casual managed to finally get a 50 char and then die in 2 secs to a fully bm geared guy using a lvl 10 lightsaber for the lulz.

Yeah but once you're 50 you won't be at the bottom for very long. You can start working towards PVP gear. There isn't too much to complain about.

But when you're level 19, you can't even do that, since there is no low-level PVP gear.

Yeah but once you're 50 you won't be at the bottom for very long. You can start working towards PVP gear. There isn't too much to complain about.

But when you're level 19, you can't even do that, since there is no low-level PVP gear.

i see u have never opened a champion bag xd

getting geared takes way longer than levelling to 50 if ur unlucky.

You are an idiot. Do you even know how expertise works?