If no one else is willng to say it, I will..

Kunra

I don't mind Starports. It's the Orbital Stations. Also, I don't really understand the point of the mailbox. Why not have a hot key that opens your mail? Now this doesn't really HAVE to be changed in my opinion, my soul isn't crushed because of it and I can live without the changes easily, just wouldn't mind it if they were implemented

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey i have a idea!!!! Maybe just maybe it adds to the immersion of the game? It does for me, how realistic is it to insta port somewhere? Did they do that on the movies? Nope.

hay gaiz speek 4 urselves, lots of running and lode skreenz add to mai immurshun!!1! Just like da mooviez!!!111!

hey i have a idea!!!! maybe just maybe it adds to the immersion of the game? it does for me, how realistic is it to insta port somewhere? did they do that on the movies? nope.

This. You shouldn't be able to instantly go anywhere in this game. Makes no sense.

I am against any dumbing down, automation or any other casualisations that have killed every other MMO that ever existed.

You mean like TOR's death "penalty"? Or its super fast leveling to 50? How about when it put in carebear mode raiding and THREE difficulty levels?

It's amusing to watch people pretend this is hardcore. Try playing EQ sometime.

Erm, OP. we have a fleet pass with a cooldown. Use it ? and stop whining.

Nxt thing you know, you want a port to every quest area, since ( hey ! who cares about the running... we're able to fly in space and yet i have to RUN ?)

or an FP that just has that 1 BOSS we all care about. Skip all the running and mobs.

then you want to be able to create a max level character at the start. since thats what everyone is, why not just make it happen.

I , for one, enjoy that little sequence (stars zoomin pass my cockpit) whenever my starship goes into hyperspace. That little 1-2seconds was just so .... aaaah.

Kudos to you, Bioware.

I don't mind Starports. It's the Orbital Stations.

Yep, the annoying orbital stations are what I hate. And the long hangar/spacedock walks (do they think you're going to have a party in there or something?) It should just go straight from spaceport to ship and vice-versa without the intermediates.

Im sick of games that cater to a bunch of whiny babies who have nothing better to do than nit pick about immersion details that will cost them all of 30 seconds to work through. A fast paced travelling system between widely seperated points does not make the game any better. If anything, it makes it so you never have to actually see a lot of content. you never have to journey anywhere. You can literally auto que your way through everything.

Thats not a game. Its a service at that point, and a terrible one.

For instance, I may not play it now, and I may return to it, But take the example of EVE. It is one of the best MMO's out there, and what makes it so good is that its designed for a certain kind of player and it does not compromise for the carebears. It has something like a half million dedicated players, and its that group and type of player they are going after. They have self respect for their product, and they will not change it willy nilly, and make it easier to satisfy the core group off spoiled brat mmo players who are all sitting in Warcraft trolling trade and whining about how the game should be even easier than it is now.

I wouldn't listen to you idiots either.

I think we just have a culture that demands instant gratification. We seem have become gluttonous in our cunsumption of content to the point that we just can't even wait to travel. "Feed my appitite for fun, non stop and I will never be satisfied but keep shoveling it to me." Like a big super size pile of fries, just shove it in and dont breath....just consume.....and complain.

I like it the way it is, thank you.

Use Instant Fleet Pass.

LOADING SCREEN - 2 MINUTES

Run to Hangar, Enter Hangar 1 MINUTE

Run to Ship, Enter Ship 1 MINUTE

Run to Ship Controls, Select Planet, Exit Ship

So YEAH ROUGHLY 10 MINUTES JUST TO GET ANYWHERE AND THATS WITH A FLEET PASS.... THAT SOUNDS JUST FINE AND DANDY... NOT

This has nothing to do with the game. Your computer sucks.

"We Need upgrades". ;p

Some people have busy real life things each day to do but still want a bit of down time to relax if just for 30 min. or so and play a game. If the time you have to play isn't very long, you don't want to spend the entire time looking at loading screens and running from ship to elevator etc.

I'm in total agreement that something should be done with travel. Cut the time from 18 hrs to 0 on the fleet travel in powers. Then the people that want and need fast travel can use it. Other than just want to sit watching loading screens and running through empty looking space stations can still do that. It would take nothing from players that want "immersive" play and those that have a few minutes and want to do a couple quick quest.

Does anyone not remember the 20 min. wait in SWG at each ship to travel and the long length in riding travel in WoW before flying was introduced? It was 2 companies that listened to the wishes of the people and they changed what was wrong. I don't think anyone quit playing either game because travel was made easier and faster.

The general community on these forums makes me think this game is going to fail, They are so near sided it is painful, god help this game. But really the community makes the game and from reading these forums the future looks lame, outdated, and full of players scared of recount because they suck , and like playing gems made in 2004, I am getting fed up and where is the patch delayed for 2 weeks now...............................

Do yourself a favor and avoid the official forums, especially the General section. Having played nearly every AAA mmo to come out since EQ in '99 I wonder why developers even host official forums for any use other than tech support.

Worry more about the community on your server, the bulk of which will not ever bother to read the forums and will avoid the cancer that pervades the same.

Use Instant Fleet Pass.

So YEAH ROUGHLY 10 MINUTES JUST TO GET ANYWHERE AND THATS WITH A FLEET PASS.... THAT SOUNDS JUST FINE AND DANDY... NOT

Not to interrupt your lovely discussion, but one word for you : SSD

those 6 min i do in 20 seconds... And you all want better graphics? if this ran on u3 engine you could double that time..

And i like some of the traveling, but they could half the fleet pass cd. Other than that your fast skills is 30min and its ok. Fast travel to main base and go to ship/trainer.

Edited by norbo

I fully agree.

Fortunately for me i unsubbed and wont have to deal with any of their problems until these are fixed.

Mass Effect 3 and real life for me, hopefully by the time I finish ME3, SWTOR will have added all the features it needed, fixed performance issues and ability delay, and remove all the needless filler like orbital stations, etc.

Game has potential to be great but is just handled by the wrong company. Blizzard would have made SWTOR possibly the greatest GAME ever made.

+1

mail on ship or even the global trade market... it would be nice to browse the market from your ship.

Use Instant Fleet Pass.

You have a 2 minute loading screen when you use the elevator to the hanger bay? I'd really need to see unaltered proof of that. My elevator black screens are tops 2-3 seconds. But you are saying they are 2 minutes.

And you are saying that other loading screens are 2 minutes when I'm typically seeing 25-45 seconds.

I fully agree.

Fortunately for me i unsubbed and wont have to deal with any of their problems until these are fixed.

Mass Effect 3 and real life for me, hopefully by the time I finish ME3, SWTOR will have added all the features it needed, fixed performance issues and ability delay, and remove all the needless filler like orbital stations, etc.

Game has potential to be great but is just handled by the wrong company. Blizzard would have made SWTOR possibly the greatest GAME ever made.

Until they add pandas. 'Nuf said

I think we just have a culture that demands instant gratification. We seem have become gluttonous in our cunsumption of content to the point that we just can't even wait to travel. "Feed my appitite for fun, non stop and I will never be satisfied but keep shoveling it to me." Like a big super size pile of fries, just shove it in and dont breath....just consume.....and complain.

I like it the way it is, thank you.

Yep.

I'm thinking they wake up in the morning looking for something they can use to fill their day with discontent and drama.

I mean really, are we down to complaining about 2 mins worth of travel? It takes less then 2 minutes to travel across the universe for goodness sake.

Blizzard of 5 years ago maybe. Blizzard of today would have made it horrible just like their last two expansions.

While I don't think that you should get rid of ships altogether. An option to bind to the fleet an/or the ship would be great.

Got to agree with this, The reason Blizzard started failing so badly is because they listened to some of the STUPID and PATHETIC whines you get on most Game forums. Now look at WoW, stupidly easy to keep the whiners happy, I hope to god Bioware do not listen to the crap like this one.

to the OP.

It may take upto 10 minates to go from one planet to another... That's just it isn't it, one PLANET to another, probably thousands of miles away! The game is designed so you actually (gasp) spend time on the planet you actually traveled to in the first place.

If you're having problems with your loading screens try tweaking your graphics by either turning them down or playing with your graphics card control panel. Turning Shadows off is a good start. If your machine is a pretty old one you are probably pushing it to its limits by playing this game.

I think the OP is an Angry Birds player. U know, the kind that have very short attention span.

There is nothing wrong with my attention span, unfortunate as that might be. Lets me remember quite clearly how tedious the latest leaving planet -> arriving on another was.

The Sith Empire isn't my biggest enemy. It's the space stations, irregardless of allegiance!!

Yes let's destroy server communities and player interaction by making everything instant and quick travel to every quest. BRILLIANT!!

/sarcasm.

That's not "sarcasm", that's just complete and utter ignorance. How does eliminating a few load screens "destroy server communities"?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.