Weekly server maintenance EU times?

Crenshaw

Got to love the patience in the gaming community. Seriously what do you want them to do. Not patch at all. Guys this is best time for most since MOST people are at work period. Now this weekend i am impressed they are actually patching a problem on the weekend. I can not take any one serious that says i cancel my sub blah blah blah. They really don't care if you threaten them. I am sure they will tell you the same thing.

sorry most people dont work saterday

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today is an emergency patch. That should not factor into these discussion. Or would you rather wait and have the patch 12h later? Ilum is unplayable right now. PvP balance totally (and permanently - if they don't do a valor reroll) broken and getting more out of hand with every minute.

But strange how the emergency patch was delayed until 3am EST. If it was such a god damn emergency why wait until US off-peak?? Why not patch sooner? It's fine if your play time is not interrupted and if someone else is - "But it's an emergency"....

Because the thread I originally posted in has been closed and refered to this one, i'll just do a quick and dirty copy & paste, to add my voice to this issue.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pursang

Besides that, BioWare is based in North America. It makes the most sense to do maintenance when it's most convenient for them to do so.

End Quote

Actually this statement is simply not true. In a Service providing business, no one cares about the convenience of the service provider.

What would you say if you had a power outage and your providing company would say: “Well, darn, too bad! It’s a really inconvenient time for us, but we’ll be sure to send an engineer to your house and investigate the problem in 2 weeks at 2 o’clock in the morning.”

It is not an unreasonable request to have, for example, the European maintenance done from 2am to 10am UTC, as these are the hours that the least amount of people would be playing the game in Europe.

Doing maintenance on the European Servers on a Saturday from 9am to 1pm is just unreasonably bad company policy. It’s actually a big ‘f*ck you!’ to their European customers.

@DarthFreki

Please don’t try to discredit a complaint as a “whine” just because the topics content does not affect you. There are people who have time constraints due to work and commitments. Those hours might be their only time a week they have reserverd to play the game.

Saturday* and I don't care if its a Saturday because i would rather have a fix for something now than wallow in the problem longer.

Then if you find it so convenient, ask BW to do maintenance during peak US time once in a while. Let's see how US customers react.

I'll tell it again here since BW likes to restart threads:

Punish them by canceling subscription. I did it and if enough European players do this, things will change.

i put in a game time card code and took my cc details off. If BW keep screwing up again and again, i will not be buying more game time.

You're too lazy to separate europeen downtimes and give priority to US players regarding the issue so that they can just sleep while we wait in front of our screen?

That's fine.

But doing it on a saturday. That's just crossing the line for me. Going back to skyrim for a month or two untill BW get's their head straight. I don't mind bugs, but i won't pay for discrimination.

long time player of several MMO's, and never have I been so annoyed by anyones blatent disregard for a large part of thier player base.

The number of recent patches is rediculas, but as a newly launched game, I can over look this if the issues resolve soon. what i cannot over look is the continued insistance that these patches always occur during EU prime times, and Biowares apparent disregard of the issue, or to even bother to appolagise for it.

I dont care that the server may all be physically located in the US, I dont care that the people working to apply updates may all be US based, and want to only work in US daytime hours. I was under the belief that this game was for WORLDWIDE use, and was PAYING for the same level of service as all other players, regardless of location.

If Bioware can only provide reasonable levels of server uptime to its US player base, they should announce this. If nessassary EU players should compensated for the loss of prime time (service offline for 6 hours on a Saturday is not acceptable for any subscription-based leisure activity anywhere in the world). Despite the numourous posts about these issues, Bioware has not (to my knowledge) even bothered to comment on the problem, or provide even the simplest explanation. This is begining to show that they only care about there US player base.

If this is the case, then under UK law ive purchased a product not fit for the purpose its sold for, and should be able to claim a full refund.

If Bioware does not address this issue soon, then it will be losing EU customers, it will no longer be able to support the game with the quality iot should recieve and it will ultimatelly fail.

So Bioware - can we finally have a response? or do i contact trading standards over a company that seems to have written off the entire EU in terms of customer service??

Less qq more pewpew kid. just shut up and play the game. its over now, no need to complain.

Servers are back up. I am not playing because i am just disgusted. I not going to enjoy it untill it passes.

Edited by Alianar

Well This maintainace killed my saturday morning plan and I'm working in the afternoon

Is this a technical issue, i.e they can't do separate maintance.

or is it a policy decision I.e they can but wont.

I heard that part of the issue is that bioware wants people to recieve the content at the same time.

If this is the case Can I offer two solutions.

1.) Run maintainance on two time zones runs, and any content patch run on a single run.

2.) Alternate between european and US having their game time disrupted. That way both sides of the atlantic get hosed by this policy instead of just the eupropean crowd.

Edited by Bootmgsh

Less qq more pewpew kid. just shut up and play the game. its over now, no need to complain.

Damn, you're not the brightest are you?

If noone complains they're going to think this was a brilliant idea and do it again.

Since the normal weekly maintenance hasn't been extended into prime time often I (as a european player) have found it reasonably agreeable. But a saturday?! It's completely ridiculous.

Well This maintainace killed my saturday morning plan and I'm working in the afternoon

Is this a technical issue, i.e they can't do separate maintance.

or is it a policy decision I.e they can but wont.

I heard that part of the issue is that bioware wants people to recieve the content at the same time.

If this is the case Can I offer two solutions.

1.) Run maintainance on two time zones runs, and any content patch run on a single run.

2.) Alternate between european and Us having their game time disrupted. That way both sides of the atlantic get hosed but this policy instead of just the eupropean crowd.

from what I understand it is only an issue if they are patching the client

Damn, you're not the brightest are you?

If noone complains they're going to think this was a brilliant idea and do it again.

Since the normal weekly maintenance hasn't been extended into prime time often I (as a european player) have found it reasonably agreeable. But a saturday?! It's completely ridiculous.

Fine, have it your way. I guess you enjoyed randomly being sent to the character selection screen. To me. that's a big fix and constitutes an immediate fix.

funniest thing is....

this: Hello everyone,

We value your thoughts and feedback regarding Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ and recognize that a lot of players want to discuss how patch times are effecting European players. We ask that you join the discussion that is already in progress in this thread so everyone can participate in the same ongoing conversation and we can keep the forums tidy.

We will now be closing this thread, but feel free to carry on in the linked discussion. Thanks!

was just posted in a thread lower down by a droid, but nothing has been posted in here in 3 rotations of the thread to even acknowledge it...they know the thread exists but choose to ignore it (might not be the case BUT no official reply = ignored)

and judging by all the comments in all the threads generated by this sat maint, the US players have just filled them up with the usual 'get a life' etc comments..the one comment that ppl use as an excuse for not splitting that makes me laugh is the 'ppl will create an account on EU/US server whilst thier server is down' LOL what utter claptrap...if a server is down at 2am-8am....how many players do you REALLY think will create a character on another server to play for 4-8hrs ONCE a week in the middle of the night, seriously...get a grip and think about what you're typing once in a while

Servers are back up. I am not playing because i am just disgusted. I not going to enjoy it untill it passes.

Can't bring myself to log in either, I am very very pissed off about this one. I've been vocal in this thread for the ridiculous weekday maintenance times, so you can probably guess that I'm livid about them bringing down the servers on a Saturday.

I'm usually logged straight in after maintenance, but this time, I just don't feel like playing right now.

Is anyone actually constantly contacting bioware about this? Or cancelling subs? I'm afraid unless direct action is taken, they'll scarcely think about it.

To everyone who is saying it's not important, well it may not be important to you, but obviously it's annoying the hell out of alot of people. Overnight downtimes in Europe will not affect US servers, there will not be this big influx of European players clogging up US servers when europes are down. That's just a feeble excuse.

Anyone who says it's an American company, they have to put Americans first, that is a terrible practice for a global company. They should put their customers first, all of them, regardless of country.

Anyone who says think about the poor people having to stay up and do the actual maintainance/patch, well that's part of the job. I don't like working weekends, but I have to.

Anyone who says that it's impossible to take each set of servers down separately, please provide evidence to support. And if it's true, then bioware are either extremely naive, or just plain arrogant to think that inconveniencing one set of customers to please another would be even remotely acceptable.