Weekly server maintenance EU times?

Crenshaw

No mate, today's patch is a direct result of Bioware not doing its job, and not testing patches before deploying them. It's their fault and I expect to be refunded this day on my gametime.

/signed

Additionally, it's quite obvious that they are INTENTIONALLY testing their patches on LIVE.

Respect your customers, we are paying. Don't make us pay to test your UNTESTED patches that mostly endorse and make EXPLOITING possible. Same **** that happened in WAR, you now introduce to SWTOR... so if it's a mistake indeed, it's so silly it should be due to someone/some being an idiot/idiots. You DIDN'T just make such an obvious mistake, did you?

Edited by Lord_Indomitus

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To get this back on topic so it doesn't get locked as it is important this issue isn't forgotten ;)

I already cancelled my sub and though EU maintenance wasn't the main reason I left it was certainly a factor in my decision to leave. I suppose as I came from RIFT & EQ2 (both of which I am going back to) I was kind of used to having EU friendly maintenance times and it is kind of shocking that Bioware hasn't followed suit.

Getting any patch a day later at a less inconvenient time is not a problem, at least as far as I am concerned. Indeed at times it is a blessing as RIFT has proved on a couple of occasions when things didn't go quite as expected when the patch deployed to the US servers. Trion were able to push out a hotfix for whatever issue during our scheduled patch time a day later. Which of course meant no disruption to the EU players. It became kind of a running joke that the US players were our patch beta testers :) Think on that after the fiasco on Ilum.

Sadly my faith in Bioware to deal with this and other issues has sadly been diminished somewhat hence why I am leaving. I do wish the people who are staying the best of luck and I hope that this will be among the many issues that Bioware rethink in the future.

No mate, today's patch is a direct result of Bioware not doing its job, and not testing patches before deploying them. It's their fault and I expect to be refunded this day on my gametime.

Perhaps you are right...But the main thing is that they do not split the downtime correct and that is what i can not understand. How hard can it be to find a good middleway.

Is this the 4th version of the thread that has reached 1000+ posts or is it higher? I dunno I guess it will die (the thread) in the next few days as subscriptions come up. Those that are not prepared to put up with it will be unable to post then. May the force be with you I'll be back when they change this.

Not sure about the rest but I live on GMT+1 region, starting at 15:00, the end time is 19:00. And lets not forget about the possibility of the maintenance to be extended due to technical reasons (it can happen). And then it will be extended to our prime time.

So far, it happened only once (their first maintenance) so I think they are doing a good job in that manner for "my" schedule. Having played FFXI, I understand the frustration of doing maintenance on prime hours. (and yes, FFXI have not changed their maintenance schedule since launch, even if they released their product on EU aswell)

Edited by Rikia

I love this game, but this is the one thing that drives me insane.

I am getting very annoyed with these maintenance times. Sorry, I don't come on here and cry about bugs or anything, this one thing is just poor service to us EU daytimers.

I pay for 30 days. I want 30 days. Other MMOs i've played managed to limit the downtime, when I played SWG it was 30minutes at 4am daily apart from big patch days.

So, why so uncooperative bioware?

If this game was free to play it would be fine, but its not, the desired downtime for MMOs is clearly in the middle of the night, lets not split hairs over "Well you should be at work anyway"

Not sure about the rest but I live on GMT+1 region, starting at 15:00, the end time is 19:00. And lets not forget about the possibility of the maintenance to be extended due to technical reasons (it can happen). And then it will be extended to our prime time.

So far, it happened only once (their first maintenance) so I think they are doing a good job in that manner for "my" schedule. Having played FFXI, I understand the frustration of doing maintenance on prime hours. (and yes, FFXI have not changed their maintenance schedule since launch, even if they released their product on EU aswell)

Comparing to FFXI is not helping. FFXI is played by a handful of people, so bad example, unless they want swtor to have the kind of subs FFXI has. If they want to compete with WoW (like they do), they have to provide support, etc that is at least CLOSE enough to WoW's. Atm, swtor's support is laughable, tickets not being looked/answered (by a human being) for days.

WoW has different US/EU maintenance times, like it should. If they stay the same, make half be on US prime time, see what happens.

Does anyone know how to make an official complaint to Bioware about these maintenance times. I mean, we are all paying for 30 days... Not 26 because each week they deside to do maintenance at times that people are home/want to play.

Does anyone know how to make an official complaint to Bioware about these maintenance times. I mean, we are all paying for 30 days... Not 26 because each week they deside to do maintenance at times that people are home/want to play.

Oh come on this is the first maintenance thats been properly in to Prime Time for Europe at all so we cant go that far.

Imo set up 1 month sub, after you get charged, Unsub and explain the reasons in detail. One of these can be "EU maintenance times". It's what I just did and it;s not a bluff, if they don;t prove to me that they work to keep me as customer, I can find other games to play, np.

Oh come on this is the first maintenance thats been properly in to Prime Time for Europe at all so we cant go that far.

THEY ALL ARE, the world doesn't rotate around you. There are A LOT of people playing from gmt+2.

Edited by Lord_Indomitus

Imo set up 1 month sub, after you get charged, Unsub and explain the reasons in detail. One of these can be "EU maintenance times". It's what I just did and it;s not a bluff, if they don;t prove to me that they work to keep me as customer, I can find other games to play, np.

THEY ALL ARE, the world doesn't rotate around you. There are A LOT of people playing from gmt+2.

Erm I do apologise, GMT +2 in to prime time, oh wait the expected finish for most patches is 4pm which makes GMT +2 6, which is NOT prime time, ok if you are at GMT+4 you would have a valid issue with projected downtimes.

What they do is unfair, but to cancel youre sub? I am enjoying this game to much to cancel it. But they need to balance the downtimes more.

UPDATE: This maintenance period has been moved and is now scheduled to begin at 8AM CST (6AM PST/ 9AM EST/ 2PM GMT/ 3PM CET) on 1/19 and end at 12PM (noon) CST (10AM PST/ 1PM EST/ 6PM GMT/ 7PM CET). Please check this thread for further updates.

What is it? Some Kind of Joke?

I thought that BW/EA can't do the things going to worst, but I don't know how it's possible but they surprise me again and again.

Far for give us a solution, on even a friendly answer to our justified pleas, they put an "emergency maintenance" form 3PM-7PM GMT.

These guys make me feel even a fortunate people, cause there are zones in EU with GMT+2 and +3.

You gave me 30 days of free subscription, those 30 days have become 27. I play at afternoon often, from 4PM to 9PM/10PM. And I've could be playing 3 afternoons due senseless "off peak" downtimes.

Is that your "High Quality" service... You're reading your announcements really... they sounds laughable.

Yes I'am one of those fortunate guys who has a job, YES I'VE ONE, but...

What do I must? Get another work for afternoon?

When was this one that I missed !? *confused* because I dont remember not being on immediatly around my usual dinner time.

It was the first maintenance after release if i remember correct. It ended in GMT+1 at half past 8pm. Europe timezones are ranged from GMT (Iceland, most western) till GMT+4 (russia, most eastern)

So regulair maintenance is already ending in primetime for 2 timezones (past 6pm, GMT+4 and GMT+3)

What they do is unfair, but to cancel youre sub? I am enjoying this game to much to cancel it. But they need to balance the downtimes more.

Pay 1 month, cancel sub, yeah man. If they DON'T improve their service, I won't renew.

Do you want to settle for crap support? Be my guest, your choice.

Do You want the support to be improved, cancel your sub, ask for better support in order to renew.

If they have to win back subs, they'll work, they'll listen. If they don't have to, they won't. It's just how life works. it's how EA works.

Edited by Lord_Indomitus

It was the first maintenance after release if i remember correct. It ended in GMT+1 at half past 8pm. Europe timezones are ranged from GMT (Iceland, most western) till GMT+4 (russia, most eastern)

So regulair maintenance is already ending in primetime for 2 timezones (past 6pm, GMT+4 and GMT+3)

Prime time is considered 7pm onwards is the thing so that would be only 1 time zone would it not ?

Pay 1 month, cancel sub, yeah man. If they DON'T improve their service, I won't renew.

Do you want to settle for crap support? Be my guest, your choice.

Do You want the support to be improved, cancel your sub, ask for better support in order to renew.

If they have to win back subs, they'll work, they'll listen. If they don't have to, they won't. It's just how life works. it's how EA works.

why the pay 1 month thing? just cancel it straight away. if you keep giving them money they won't care about what people said

I have said it before and I will say it again.

It is not hard to get maintenance done so that it affects no one more than the other.

Eu servers are in Ireland as far as I know; So why can´t the EU team running those servers do the patching on US servers when they are at work (assuming they DO work) since it will be night time US and when US wakes up and comes to work, THEY will do the EU servers.

Now, I can understand that this tricky logistics can be hard to fathom, but rest assured, it is quite simple and if you try it, I am confident even YOU can manage this.

Well, unless you just remote EU servers and don`t actually have any employees there, only protocol droids that are using the same programing and line of thought that you employ elsewere - It will of course not work.

But I have faith, not it you though BioWare, but faith in money and money talks. - One misspleased customer WILL tell 10-20 others who in turn will tell - whilst a pleased customer will tell 1-3 who MAYBE will tell others again. You really should hire people who actually HAVE customer experience and you would know this.

Edited by Baxel

why the pay 1 month thing? just cancel it straight away. if you keep giving them money they won't care about what people said

Because my complains derive from since 2 days ago.

a. 1.1 patch and more specifically ilum changes made by som idiot, since these changes give incentives for zerging and having a lag fest + clubbing/kill traidng

b. how the patch was implemented and how they make us PAY to TEST their untested idiot patches.

This is the last fackup I, personally, will put up with. If their service is like that when my remaining 29d end, I won't renew. Btw, remember to remove your credit card too, they may get hacked like noobtrion.

Edited by Lord_Indomitus