For me, it's not about early access. It's about getting my name

Lionhearth

Been playing MMO's since 1999 with UO and soon after EQ. Since those days I've used only 1 name.

Back then, the name was very uncommon, but now, for whatever reason, it gets taken quite quickly.

I need access not to play, but to save my name.

PS Staggered access = terrible idea

Been playing MMO's since 1999 with UO and soon after EQ. Since those days I've used only 1 name.

Back then, the name was very uncommon, but now, for whatever reason, it gets taken quite quickly.

Think of the names! The precious precious names!

Also I'll take staggered access over "Your position in queue: 5400" (Hellscream at WoW launch)

First come first serve is a great idea imo. Staggered access > server crash/lag

In general I agree, but that is what a guild is for, we had a post going a week ago with people helping others out by reserving names. At this point most if not all of the names people needed help with are locked down by other guildies.

Of my 2 accounts one is active it is actually my sons, we are using it to reserve our names as well as other guildies. as soon as my account opens up I will transfer some to it and sweep up other guildie names as needed.

With 2+ million preorders I don't see anyway they could have launched differently. If everybody ahd hit the game at once the forums would have been full of "OMG why are the servers down I cannot save my names, i paid to play, i want to play" Cannot win either way.

I posted something similar about getting names awhile ago and was accused of trolling.

/facepalm

Some of us care about names, immersion, story...and not shiny things.

What is the name?

I'm sorry, but I already took 'Snugglebunny'. Try another name, so sorry!

If BW is allowing people to reserve limitless names, then I *do* think they've made a bad move here. Let's face it, most of the angst on these forums right now is actually because of concerns over getting a name reserved...and people who got their orders in the instant they went up are now in a position to reserve and even sell off names.

I do wish that they'd limit the number of names you can create drastically just for now, or, that they'd been thinking ahead and put together a naming resolution system before all of this.

First come first serve is a great idea imo. Staggered access > server crash/lag

This a million times over.

wah wah wah i want my name QQ moar...

I have been playing mmo for almost as long as you my friend and I have had near on 50 characters all with different names. I find it so annoying when people just rehash the same name over and over again changing a letter here and there.

lionhearth > lionherth > lameherth

Get creative much?

Edited by Haldameer