Open PvP Mythic Style

Uzuki

First of all. Mythic games have been far from perfect, but now that they are intertwined why not learn from them. Dark age of camelot and Warhammer have by far been the best open world pvp experiences in MMO's. Republic vs empire on Illum is a perfect place to set up some mechanics of Rvr. The only choice you have in making open world pvp work in theme park mmo's is personal/faction pride. Give them something tangible besides gear to control and manage. Gear will just make factions trade time, objectives, and rewards if you don't give them something more important. And as always, and most often ignored mechanic of the game, guild assets are the best way. Let guilds wave their flag over their conquests.

Use the tools you have Bioware, or just dump open world pvp and dish out 20 warzones, but don't make everyone suffer another disappointing open world pvp experience.

I think the problem is, based off of how Bioware talks about Illum and Tat, they think they accomplished this.

They just completely ignored all the posts in the beta and public forums leading up to the launch and delivered the PvP you see today.

Balance is one thing, it takes time. hard to balance anything with player help when we have no combat log...

They knew this is what people wanted, but they think the best way to make a game is to copy WoW.

And the worse part is, they didnt even successfully do that so they have a PvP system worse then one of the worst PvP systems in MMO history. And by that I mean the way you pvp, not class balance or mechanics, although that is pretty bad in WoW too.

Also, dont put WAR and DAOC on the same shelf. My worst days in DAOC were 100 times better then anything WAR could have pooped out.

I think the problem is, based off of how Bioware talks about Illum and Tat, they think they accomplished this.

They just completely ignored all the posts in the beta and public forums leading up to the launch and delivered the PvP you see today.

Balance is one thing, it takes time. hard to balance anything with player help when we have no combat log...

They knew this is what people wanted, but they think the best way to make a game is to copy WoW.

And the worse part is, they didnt even successfully do that so they have a PvP system worse then one of the worst PvP systems in MMO history. And by that I mean the way you pvp, not class balance or mechanics, although that is pretty bad in WoW too.

Also, dont put WAR and DAOC on the same shelf. My worst days in DAOC were 100 times better then anything WAR could have pooped out.

You make a good point. They do think they accomplished this sadly enough, but they didn't. They need to put a new team on the job or something. And your right about DAOC, but even a warhammer system would be better than what they have right now.

• 1 month later...
Warhammer have by far been the best open world pvp experiences in MMO's.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

you have to be joking right?

i agree with daoc, but ow pvp in WAR was terrible beyond belief, it was donkey/carrot style, zerg fests of kids farming points, pve guards everywhere discouraging pvp from anywhere other than the "designated areas" etc.

if you like daoc style pvp gw2 is looking promising.

Edited by Evuke

WAR had good world PvP? WAR had terrible world PvP. The only thing that saved that game was battlegrounds...

This is the right answer, also Mythic are the ones who designed PvP in this game which is why it is so screwed up. Yes I know all about how great DAOC PvP was, but apparently the people responsible for designing that PvP are no longer working at Mythic.

Honestly the Devs need to put down their keyboards for a month quit patching this **** and reacting to crybabies open a DAOC account at max level and go PLAY SOME PVP learn from it and come back and apply what they have learned to this hunk of unpolished WOW turd.

Biowares questing is a 1000 times better than wow but thier LFG and PVP is absolute ****.. its like They can't understand that we needs objectives and ways to work together to accomplish a goal.

THAT is what we all want to do.. That is the base reason why we play social games is to socialize. As it stands I feel alone as hell sitting at 50 with nothing to fight for.

I would like to see some sort of emblem for guilds

How many of you actually took a keep in Warhammer? How many participated in Taking the other factions City?

That game IS awesome I still play it when not tooling around with the ****** excuse for PV-whatever they want to call it in this game cause it sure doesn't deserver the Title Player Verses Player.

Its a **** Fest...

Warhammer has more than PVP it is Open RVR...

Understand your game before opening your uneducated pie hole about that which you speak of.