Dev response on healing imbalance?

RiskyBiz

Maybe because there is no imbalance?

Can you not heal hard modes? Have you tried? Or are you just taking abilities out of context and claiming imbalance?

I play an operative. Level 46. No problems so far.

You don't PvP...do you?

Can you not heal hard modes? Have you tried? Or are you just taking abilities out of context and claiming imbalance?

Aren't you just adorable

Enjoy hitting level 50 and going against Sages/Sorcs who know what they're doing.

Like i though, no developpers care about healing imbalanced... and oh god, their reply system with r3-28 droid is the worst **** they could have made...

Seriously i sent them 40 ticket about bugs and ****, i never felt like someone where reading any with that trolling system,,,

And i guess maybe (i cross fingers) they might fix healing in the next 3 years...

We were good (i.a.) on the beta, but damn ! *** : we have stealth, cc, droid cc, WE are to good, lets **** up healing and nerf the class...

Edited by Paralassa
content

How is the healing imbalanced in pvp? Are you implying it's too strong or that one healer>other healers?

Healing is very imbalanced in pvp.

Operatives are held back by their lack of ability to deal with burst damage and be sustainable at the same time. They lack effective mobility and escape mechanisms for how squishy they are. They also lack a great deal of utility.

Mercs are better off than operatives in that they can deal with burst damage while not screwing their resources to badly and can also deal with it better via supercharged gas and rapid shots(a free heal that's not useless). They however are very rigid and also lack utility.

Sorcs are Batman.

I have a 37 Op who tops the charts in healing in PvP, and that's usually with one or two healing sorcs. accompanied.

Come back when you're 50.

Youll spend the whole.match healing and make it to 230k. 4-5 kills if youre lucky.

The sorc will have 400k healing, and 20 kills.

Healing is very imbalanced in pvp.

Sorcs are Batman.

This needs to be emphasized. There is not one healing related task the other classes can do that Sorc. cannot do better.

Then theres everything they can do. Pull, speed, shield - JEEZ! I just want to do 1 of those, let alone all 3!

It is true that there is imbalance when it comes to healing classes. When I was leveling I thought my merc was just as good as any sorc. Then I hit 50 and started doing ops on hard and nightmare modes with a sorc as the other healer. And then I quickly learned how inferior my class was. Pretty much everything I can do the sorc either does just as well or straight up better. In addition he has extra utility I don't have(such as a combat rez, why does a healing class NOT have one?).

Are mercs and ops viable healers in all content? Yes they are. But are they as good as a sorc? The answer is a resounding no. And this needs to be addressed. I am getting tired of having to work harder just to achieve the same results. It has gotten to the point that I am considering re rolling a sorc. I like the BH class and story but its healing performance is sub par compared to the sorc. And I am tired of having to struggle with things that he can do with little effort.

And no I am not asking for a sorc nerf. I am asking to be given the tools that put on par with a sorc. Like giving me a combat rez and an actual legit AoE heal for starters.

It is true that there is imbalance when it comes to healing classes. When I was leveling I thought my merc was just as good as any sorc. Then I hit 50 and started doing ops on hard and nightmare modes with a sorc as the other healer. And then I quickly learned how inferior my class was. Pretty much everything I can do the sorc either does just as well or straight up better. In addition he has extra utility I don't have(such as a combat rez, why does a healing class NOT have one?).

Are mercs and ops viable healers in all content? Yes they are. But are they as good as a sorc? The answer is a resounding no. And this needs to be addressed. I am getting tired of having to work harder just to achieve the same results. It has gotten to the point that I am considering re rolling a sorc. I like the BH class and story but its healing performance is sub par compared to the sorc. And I am tired of having to struggle with things that he can do with little effort.

And no I am not asking for a sorc nerf. I am asking to be given the tools that put on par with a sorc. Like giving me a combat rez and an actual legit AoE heal for starters.

i have been telling all this for weeks but sorc fanboys or lowlvl still defend the sorc

Am i correct in saying that the sorc healer has the only aoe heal that has no player limit? .... Is it shorter range that the other 2 classes or something .... Whats the logic behind that?

i guess they all want us to run as sorcerer healer... Good job bioware Clowns developpers !!!

i guess they all want us to run as sorcerer healer... Good job bioware Clowns developpers !!!

Or it's like that because to actually get any healing from it you have to be standing in an 8m circle for 12 seconds, don't let facts get in your way though.

Edited by Remulan

Am i correct in saying that the sorc healer has the only aoe heal that has no player limit? .... Is it shorter range that the other 2 classes or something .... Whats the logic behind that?

No limit. It's the same range, shorter cast for healing when compared to Merc/Ops, heals for more, and its cost can be reduced to well below what the other classes spend on their AoE. It's not just the most powerful heal, it's the easiest to sustain with their energy system. It's also broken. It's supposed to heal for more as it includes an initial burst heal. Take a peek at Salvation to see the added bonus.

Ex. To match Sorc AoE healing on just 3 targets--any more hit and sorc wins--a Mercenary must cast Kolto Missile three times. Even though it's an instant ability, you must spend 4.5 seconds every 18 (1.5s every 6) seconds to match Revivification. Reviv is a 2s cast every 17 seconds.

No limit. It's the same range, shorter cast for healing when compared to Merc/Ops, heals for more, and its cost can be reduced to well below what the other classes spend on their AoE. It's not just the most powerful heal, it's the easiest to sustain with their energy system. It's also broken. It's supposed to heal for more as it includes an initial burst heal. Take a peek at Salvation to see the added bonus.

Ex. To match Sorc AoE healing on just 3 targets--any more hit and sorc wins--a Mercenary must cast Kolto Missile three times. Even though it's an instant ability, you must spend 4.5 seconds every 18 (1.5s every 6) seconds to match Revivification. Reviv is a 2s cast every 17 seconds.

You also have to stand in one place, an 8m circle, for 12s to get the full healing amount from the sorc aoe heal, but like I said before, don't let facts get in your way.

That sucks, but the nerf bat has started swinging, so something is gonna happen to sorc soon. .... maybe.

What makes sorc heals OP? Please use actual facts and don't list all the positive aspects of our spells while completely leaving out the negative aspects that balence the spells.

You also have to stand in one place, an 8m circle, for 12s to get the full healing amount from the sorc aoe heal, but like I said before, don't let facts get in your way.

All aoe heals require you to stack in order to get the maximum heal effect so this "fact" is irrelevant. No matter how you sit there and try and spin it the amount of raw healing your aoe does dwarfs the other classes to the point its hysterical.

There is NOTHING a merc or op can do healing wise that is vastly superior to a sorc while there are many areas that the sorc performs better in. I am not saying sorcs are op or mercs/ops are broken but there is an obvious imbalance healing wise between them. A merc/op has to work a lot harder than a sorc does in order to achieve the same result.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.