Looking for an orange chest piece that looks like a robe

The only one I knowfor sure that exists is the Reinforced Phobium Chestguard which is craftable as a lvl39 orange item by Synthweavers if they have the schematic.

If you're in the EU server Frostclaw, I (Benedictum) can hook you up with one

Edited by JBento

Final boss from False Emperor drops one that looks lik a robe from the back and Heavy armor from the front. see my pic in the Warrior pic thread.

http://i40.tinypic.com/2nknu9s.jpg

Not wearing PvP chest, but pvp everything else, except the Lightsaber, I have steadfastly refused to change Lightsaber's, only upgrading the mods.

The level forty PVP gear looks pretty amazing. A question about orange items, though - is the armor rating related to the armor mod, or is it an inherent aspect of the item? I have the black talon marauder's robe on my jugg right now, and I'm hoping I can continue to use it for a long time (assuming I upgrade the mods whenever possible).

The level forty PVP gear looks pretty amazing. A question about orange items, though - is the armor rating related to the armor mod, or is it an inherent aspect of the item? I have the black talon marauder's robe on my jugg right now, and I'm hoping I can continue to use it for a long time (assuming I upgrade the mods whenever possible).

It depends on the armor mod.

Hilts and armor mods are unique in the sense that the hilt also give you weapon DPS as well as the stats on the mod, and the armor mod also gives you armor rating to go with the stats on the mod itself.

The armor rating on Orange Items is determined by the armor ating of the Armor Mod, so as long as you buy new armor mods with a better rating, it should go up.

I have to say, I'm really a fan of the whole modding system. Once you find that perfect looking armor piece you can keep it useful for everr (perhaps with the exception of hardcore pvp).

The only issue with the marauder's robes is no matter what mod you put in them they will continue to be medium armor.

The Corellia commendation vendor has a hooded armor/robe too. Looks good with a headpiece that only covers the mouth imo.

I'm just after a nice light armor hest for Jaesa which shows her midriff, preferably a moddable one, and something similar in Medium for Vette too.

I'm sure I had some but I vendored them thinking I couldn't upgrade them and replaced with a different orange chest piece. But with plating/enhancements they were possible.

Is the Black Talon one a robe?

To answer your question - yes. The Black Talon one is a robe.

Look for Rampage Assault Chestguard. It's a lvl 31 orange heavy armor chest that is a random drop; I was lucky enough to get it out of a blue reward box that came from some quest completion. It's a robe that looks similar to the Black Talon robe (same color, hood down) but has armor underneath, much like the Corelian robe, though there are no metal pieces on the shoulders. Pretty slick looking overall. Edited by direborne

Look for Rampage Assault Chestguard. It's a lvl 31 orange heavy armor chest that is a random drop; I was lucky enough to get it out of a blue reward box that came from some quest completion. It's a robe that looks similar to the Black Talon robe (same color, hood down) but has armor underneath, much like the Corelian robe, though there are no metal pieces on the shoulders. Pretty slick looking overall.

I was about to say this. I found one a while ago and it's quite a good looking piece. I believe it just dropped off an ordinary trash mob. You may be able to find one on the auction house from time to time, so look out for it. It should sell for around 12~k. I listed mine at 16k and it failed to sell, so I reduced it to 12 and it got snatched up.

Aside from that, the level 40 PvP gear as others mentioned.