There is no server community without server forums

Vlaid

I was going to bed, but I had to get a small rant off my chest.

I love this game. I love the PVP, I love the feel I even love the PVE (or lack thereof at 50).

However, what I do NOT love, is how the game seems almost designed at every step to make sure you never meet and know the people on your server. At times it feels designed to keep you a stranger of everyone but your own clique.

I hate it.

Maybe server forums do occasionally lead to negatives like being "Called out" for PVP/PVE failures/victories/ect. But to simply decide to not have them because of this is silly in the extreme. If you get a prank phone call do you cancel your phone? Of course not, that would be silly.

Server forums, on my servers of games in the past and present have acted like a great way to meet and chat with people from your server. It can be a place to get the word out about what your guild does (spamming general only accomplishes so much). There's just so much community building that having a server forum helps build that this game is missing out on.

Honestly, i feel like I really even "know" maybe 20 people on my server. There's not a *lot* of reason to socialize and mingle with other players a whole ton. Even less so in an environment such as SWTOR that seems to almost criminalize the act of knowing people on your server.

So can we take the safety goggles off, remove the mittens, take the childproof plugs out of the electric sockets.....and give us server forums? I just can't seem to feel any connection to this game without a watering hole of sorts for people from my little corner of SWTOR to get together, bs, talk smack or spread the word about who's hot and who's not.

Please Bioware, this game is starting to feel a lot less like a MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER Online Role Playing Game and more like a single player RPG you can play with up to 3 friends via x-box....

/facepalm

What is linked, and what is stickied is NOT a solution.

people already complain about customer service and forum moderation as it is. If they add over 200 new forums, they all have to be moderated. What do you think that is gonna do for the customer service people are already complaining about?

(I'm not complaining about the customer service as I've had no problems with it. I just know that many people do complain about it and increasing the load isn't going to help any)

people already complain about customer service and forum moderation as it is. If they add over 200 new forums, they all have to be moderated. What do you think that is gonna do for the customer service people are already complaining about?

(I'm not complaining about the customer service as I've had no problems with it. I just know that many people do complain about it and increasing the load isn't going to help any)

Not my problem, it's Bioware's problem. But if they think having combined realm forums is the answer they'll find out if they're right pretty soon.

All AAA MMORPGs have realm forums. ALL of them, well, except for this one of course.

Not my problem, it's Bioware's problem. But if they think having combined realm forums is the answer they'll find out if they're right pretty soon.

All AAA MMORPGs have realm forums. ALL of them, well, except for this one of course.

actually, it is your problem. If bioware doesn't implement exactly what you want and you have a problem with it, guess what? That is YOUR problem.

actually, it is your problem. If bioware doesn't implement exactly what you want and you have a problem with it, guess what? That is YOUR problem.

Actually it IS BW's problem. They have done everything a company can possibly do to inhibit community in this game.

They already have about a half dozen forums that are not used and aren't needed for any reason.

Don't blame us for wanting forums that actually serve a purpose as opposed to the SERVER EVENT forums which I doubt will get any attention on *your* server beyond a couple people that might accidentally stumble into them.

And as to the sticky, I did say I was about to go to bed and this is the first I've heard of them doing anything like server forums. But after reading that thread, to be frank, it seems like they have no clue what they are doing with MMO Forums. The plans they seem set on implementing sound just awful.

They just need to scrap about 90% of the forums and subforums, and create some forum sections that will actually get some use. Why in the world would I care about server events on another server in my server group? I'm not playing there. Sounds like they had their interns design the new forums as they described them =/

Not trying to be mean to their "solution" but it seems like the cure is worse than the disease at the moment. Just piling more problems ontop of the old ones without getting at the root of the problem.

No dear, it WAS my problem. I fixed that particular problem when I deleted the game from my hard drive last night and erased my CC information so nobody could make a 'mistake'.

And before you ask, I'm posting here because I paid for 30 days of access and am bored at work. Deal with it.

So much for the 'LFG tools destroy communities' arguments I guess.

I don't follow.

There are a lot of ways to inhibit community "togetherness". LFG Tool is one way. Cross server features is another. Not having server forums is yet another.

So what point is it you're trying to make?

THe only complaints I have seen about forum moderaton is the heavy handedness of it since they launched back in 2008...and of course taking away off topic and crushing any thread that might be construed as being community interaction not directly related to speaking to Starwars.

I've played many MMOs, from UO on up.

I have never, EVER, seen the tiniest, slightest, microscopic hint of flavor of one server over another in any of them. (assuming same server types).

I have seen not one single shred of evidence support a claim of 'this server is great but this server sucks', unless it's referring to population.

All server forums do is provide a place to recruit for guilds or sell rare items.

Edited by TheSwamper

I've played many MMOs, from UO on up.

I have never, EVER, seen the tiniest, slightest, microscopic hint of flavor of one server over another in any of them. (assuming same server types).

I have seen not one single shred of evidence support a claim of 'this server is great but this server sucks', unless it's referring to population.

All server forums do is provide a place to recruit for guilds or sell rare items.

What you talkin' bout Willis?

This is a discussion about realm forums and communicating with people on your own server.

What you talkin' bout Willis?

This is a discussion about realm forums and communicating with people on your own server.

My point is that server forums are useless outside of two things: guild recruitment and the selling of rare items.

No server has any 'flavor' of any kind over any other server of the same type. In any game.

Ever.

My point is that server forums are useless outside of two things: guild recruitment and the selling of rare items.

No server has any 'flavor' of any kind over any other server of the same type. In any game.

Ever.

That's great, you can have your opinion.

We still need server forums so we can get to know these empty sacks of personality you choose to spend your time occupying the same server with.

Aren't you just a ray of sunshine?