Is it lost?

Jordan_Hoffman

Is patience a thing of the past? Did the ADD Generation have any to begin with? We can blame the internets I guess.

This game is under a month old..... Patience please... The cake and ice cream will come, you just need to eat your vegetables first.

True, but some of the mistakes this game suffers from were made elsewhere, often by the same people. They should have learned.

Also, most of the features people would like to see have become standard in other MMOs. Again they should have learned.

True, but some of the mistakes this game suffers from were made elsewhere, often by the same people. They should have learned.

Also, most of the features people would like to see have become standard in other MMOs. Again they should have learned.

History proves we will make the same mistakes over and over again, regardless of the time that has passed.

I still think this game is a blast, I just think people need to give it some time. If you are frusturated or upset, try logging off. Or even unsubscribing for awhile. Come back and have fun again. If I do not like drinking, I stop drinking........

Games aren't vegetables.

I shouldn't have to work to enjoy a game. Either I enjoy it, or I don't. This is entertainment I'm paying for. The game isn't what it should have been at launch. How much that affects most people... up to them.

That said:

It isn't our job to make excuses for Bioware. And while there are lots of reasons that this game isn't as great as it could be... they don't matter.

All that matters is the product we have today, and whether or not it is worth playing today.

I think I got my $60 worth of the game playing through the rather satisfying leveling process and story. But I'm not sure that this game is worth continuing to pay $15 a month for beyond that.

And the many flaws that are obvious with this game are reason enough that we shouldn't be surprised that other people aren't happy with it. It would be delusional to think that this game is perfect or should appeal to everyone.

Here's some constructive discussion...

Shut down SWTOR, fix it, and release it next year...

While they are at it, fire Jeff Hickman and Stephen Reid.

Along those lines...

Do what lol Michael Bloomberg is doing and take a software class to at least have a vague understanding of what is going on. That way, you don't sound like a moron when you post.

Games aren't vegetables.

I shouldn't have to work to enjoy a game. Either I enjoy it, or I don't. This is entertainment I'm paying for. The game isn't what it should have been at launch. How much that affects most people... up to them.

That said:

It isn't our job to make excuses for Bioware. And while there are lots of reasons that this game isn't as great as it could be... they don't matter.

All that matters is the product we have today, and whether or not it is worth playing today.

I think I got my $60 worth of the game playing through the rather satisfying leveling process and story. But I'm not sure that this game is worth continuing to pay $15 a month for beyond that.

And the many flaws that are obvious with this game are reason enough that we shouldn't be surprised that other people aren't happy with it. It would be delusional to think that this game is perfect or should appeal to everyone.

Simple solution. If the person doesnt like it anymore, they do not have to play. That solution can be implemented TODAY!!! Free of Charge!!

I'm having the best time in an mmo since.... honestly... ever. I thought wow ruined MMOs for me, but I'm finally enjoying one (after trying pretty much all of them).

reported for trolling....

Not sure if you are joking, but that guy made that account about an hour ago and is over 30 posts already. I just checked...

@OP: A previous poster already made the relevant point. Many of the problems are deep-seeded design choices that are not just patchable overnight (and probably won't change ever). And, yes, it's ironic that a set of developers their company absorbed made many of the same mistakes in an epic flop hugely hyped MMO.

Not sure if you are joking, but that guy made that account about an hour ago and is over 30 posts already. I just checked...

@OP: A previous poster already made the relevant point. Many of the problems are deep-seeded design choices that are not just patchable overnight (and probably won't change ever). And, yes, it's ironic that a set of developers their company absorbed made many of the same mistakes in an epic flop hugely hyped MMO.

Sorry, reported Merlict for trolling... Not OP.

A lot of us veteran MMO players have done this since MMO's first came out. You buy a game, play it till you are dissatisfied, unsubscribe. Play something else. Wait, resubscribe and try it out again after they do multiple patches. If that doesnt work for you then do not play the game. Complaining on a forum accomplishes nothing.

People are trying to make the decision as to whether or not they should sink another $15.00 into this game and so it's important that they get clear answers (and yes bioware even ETAs) on the bugs and other issues which are important to them before their free time ends.

The question is whether or not it's in the companies interest to address the issues now, and let people make the right choice for themselves and possibly move on, or bet on the patience of the consumers and hope they pay for 'one more month' before they finally give up on the game.

Now hopefully this isn't the case because as it stands they didn't sell enough boxes to break even without everyone subscribing for quite a few months and tricking people into staying just that little bit longer at the end of each month is going to be some task, better to keep up the bug fixes, quality and communication so people want to stay.

Is patience a thing of the past? Did the ADD Generation have any to begin with? We can blame the internets I guess.

This game is under a month old..... Patience please... The cake and ice cream will come, you just need to eat your vegetables first.

I'm sorry, but this is patiently faulty thinking.

I was patient with Warhammer. Fixes did not come. 3 years later, the game is dead.

I was patient with STO. Not only did fixes and content not come, but after a year it went F2P and my money was wasted.

I was patient with Shadowbane and it died.

I was patient with SWG and they wrecked it.

There is a constant, paternalistic and quite insulting trend now by those who want the game to succeed to ignore any and all valid criticism with dismissals, telling people to unsub and return to WoW , and to be patient. Unfortunately, we have seen exactly ZERO proof of what our patience is supposed to reward us with.

This latest patch fiasco is simply icing on the cake you speak of. The game is selling a lot of copies , but I am looking out six months to a year and if the game doesn't get it's feet under it fast, it will simply be yet another case of too little, too late.

More like this game is 10 years old... One of the last MMOs to come out, I expect more from a multi million dollar company. I do not expect to be Milked.

I'm sorry, but this is patiently faulty thinking.

I was patient with Warhammer. Fixes did not come. 3 years later, the game is dead.

I was patient with STO. Not only did fixes and content not come, but after a year it went F2P and my money was wasted.

I was patient with Shadowbane and it died.

I was patient with SWG and they wrecked it.

There is a constant, paternalistic and quite insulting trend now by those who want the game to succeed to ignore any and all valid criticism with dismissals, telling people to unsub and return to WoW , and to be patient. Unfortunately, we have seen exactly ZERO proof of what our patience is supposed to reward us with.

This latest patch fiasco is simply icing on the cake you speak of. The game is selling a lot of copies , but I am looking out six months to a year and if the game doesn't get it's feet under it fast, it will simply be yet another case of too little, too late.

Ok..... So, you still need to be patient right????? Im confused

I can pay 15 dollars a month for a polished game with no horrid fps issues, or pay 15 dollars a month for a game with horrid fps issues. hmmmm

Hello everyone,

Threads in the general discussion forum should be focused on Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ gameplay. We encourage you to make threads or join in on discussions about specific game-related topics but are going to close this thread as it is off-topic.