Zombies in starwars

Wisz_Rethon

Think he's referring to the new Kaon Under Siege flashpoint. Although it's actually Rakghouls, the overall 'vibe' from the trailer was very Survival Horror/Zombie movie.

Personally, I'm interested to see what they do with it... it'd be a nice change to switch it up a little.

Think he's referring to the new Kaon Under Siege flashpoint. Although it's actually Rakghouls, the overall 'vibe' from the trailer was very Survival Horror/Zombie movie.

Personally, I'm interested to see what they do with it... it'd be a nice change to switch it up a little.

Oh.

Neat.

Eh? Zombies? Where?

Well, you know KotOR, the incredibly successful RPG from 2003? Rakghouls were introduced then and were a big part of the first planet's storyline. Nobody complained about them.

Now, nine years later, the exact same creatures are being used in a SWTOR expansion.

Despite being basically the same, people have suddenly realised that because we're an MMO community now, it's our duty to gibber irrationally and moan about it, even though they were apparently fine nine years ago.

Well, you know KotOR, the incredibly successful RPG from 2003? Rakghouls were introduced then and were a big part of the first planet's storyline. Nobody complained about them.

Now, nine years later, the exact same creatures are being used in a SWTOR expansion.

Despite being basically the same, people have suddenly realised that because we're an MMO community now, it's our duty to gibber irrationally and moan about it, even though they were apparently fine nine years ago.

But... rakghouls aren't zombies.

Read his post... He said PLAYERS are gibbering irrationally and moaning, not the Rakghouls.

.... You do know that Rakghouls were once human and they evolve into Rakghouls through a few stages? People affected by serious diseases do act irrationally and could very well be moaning and screaming their lungs out.

The trailer gives me a The Thing vibe if anything.

... still not zombies.

Yeah, we're not really shown what happens to someone in the transitory Human -> Rakghoul state. They could very well come off very much like zombies.

All we know is that it's terrible and most people who are infected are either left to die, or in medical restraints and put down once they show signs of irrevocable turning.

Yeah, we're not really shown what happens to someone in the transitory Human -> Rakghoul state. They could very well come off very much like zombies.

All we know is that it's terrible and most people who are infected are either left to die, or in medical restraints and put down once they show signs of irrevocable turning.

No... no. I mean to become a zombie would mean the body has to die, begin the process of rot and decay and continue this process through the existence. Zombies, even those that come about from a virus or etc., are restricted to this concept. They are supposed to be some of the most gruesome undead because of this fact alone.

The only difference would be in Voodoo/Hoodoo/Juju/etc. version of zombies, but this is a form of mind control/hypnotism more than anything.

So point is, unless the rakghouls are decaying and undead... not zombies.

So point is, unless the rakghouls are decaying and undead... not zombies.

I didn't really see anything in specific in the trailer for it to suggest that there were undead in it at all, either, so I'm not entirely sure I'm following you on that note. :U

I didn't really see anything in specific in the trailer for it to suggest that there were undead in it at all, either, so I'm not entirely sure I'm following you on that note. :U

You misunderstand.

I'm saying they aren't zombies because of those reasons.

So there aren't zombies in ToR.

You misunderstand.

I'm saying they aren't zombies because of those reasons.

So there aren't zombies in ToR.

Ah! Now I follow.

Clearly I need more coffee. :U

Also, we haven't seen them yet. There's still hope for the future.

Red Harvest, the second book in the Death Troopers series and written as a prequel, is set to take place two years before the start of TOR (3645 vs. 3643 BBY). It's likely that the fall-out and notes from that experiment are still going to be around, or that there's a record of that experiment somewhere. We know that one does exist, because it's found by Vader in time to resurrect it for the events in Death Troopers thousands of years later.

Kind of disappointed it's not, to be honest. That would have been great. Still! Seems like a good time to me.

There ARE zombies in ToR, any of you did the Czerka Questline on Tatooine? I will not say anymore due to spoilers.

Oh, right. I forgot about those guys... hard to talk about without spoilers, though.

Was it stated anywhere that there were more locations like that? I thought the ending implied that it was more of a one-off freak accident sort of thing thanks to Czerka's meddling and that specific entity's mental issues. I honestly can't remember if I even got a Codex entry for that.

That would be another way of doing it, though. Totally.

.... You do know that Rakghouls were once human and they evolve into Rakghouls through a few stages? People affected by serious diseases do act irrationally and could very well be moaning and screaming their lungs out.

The trailer gives me a The Thing vibe if anything.

Waaaaay to miss a joke =/