RESPEC costs why?

savantus

Hehe, that's not the way class-based RPGs work.

You have the flexibility within each advanced class to perform at least two trinity roles. BioWare gives you a method to re-spec.

That, in my opinion, is more than enough.

But I want it.

Get rid of classes, add a new spec called ALL and it's the perfect game for today's generation.

I'm a Level 50 Person specced All. I have made no decisions, I have made no choices, I simply have everything I want at my disposal because I want it and I can do anything.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But I want it.

Get rid of classes, add a new spec called ALL and it's the perfect game for today's generation.

I'm a Level 50 Person specced All. I have made no decisions, I have made no choices, I simply have everything I want at my disposal because I want it and I can do anything.

Not sure if trolling.

That's not the core design of the game. There'd be no such thing as classes, hence no class-based RPG. It's simply not a reasonable request, much less for a game that's already been designed and built around it.

Although, Quake works that way if you are interested.

What happens when a group needs something in a multi-player game? Why should classes with multiple roles be penalized for accommodating their group by having to pay a lot of coin to be accommodating?

SW:ToR should take a page from Guild Wars 2. You can respec anywhere in the world when out of combat. If you think about it, this allows devs to be WAY more creative with mob spawns. What worked against a few mobs in a zone, may not work against other mobs and you may have to switch your tactics. Variety is called the spice of life. Making respecs double in price and having to use an NPC to do so limits variety. If you don't want it this way and want to be locked in to one role, then why do you care if others get to switch up their play style at will?

What you say makes no sense. What if your group needs a ranged class and you are a warrior? Should you then be able to just **POOF** become a sniper or sorc, you know, to accommodate your group?

And you should go unsub and wait for a game like GW2 if being all things all the time is make or break for you. Then you can go and be WAY more "creative" as you are forced to use X spec on Y mob.

Variety is the spice of life, but adding variety at the expense of everything else is incredibly stupid. Make your CHOICE. Choose a spec and choose to play or choose to whine and choose to play other games.

P.S. Every time you folk make the "it doesn't affect you (even though it does) so why should you care" argument God kills a kitten.

What you say makes no sense. What if your group needs a ranged class and you are a warrior? Should you then be able to just **POOF** become a sniper or sorc, you know, to accommodate your group?

But this is what some want. They want to not just respec talents but also AC. POOF go from the melee orientated Shadow to the Range oriented Sage. POOF POOF POOF no cost to them no real need to bother with anything actually. The guy who said it before was describing what they want. A level 50 Person. Toss classes out the window just toss check boxes what you want your character to do right now.

Well that's silly. Me having one character that I can change classes on doesn't affect you at all, does it?

You trying to schedule my playtime does affect me, though. You've just introduced a grapefruit into a discussion of apples.

See! Now you're feeling my pain :D

You can repair gear for a nominal fee. You can travel freely for a nominal fee. You can fly through space... across the galaxy... in a space ship... for a nominal fee.

However... you wanna change your skills? OMG. You are LAZY! You aren't HARD CORE (as if a video game would make you hard core). NOTHING MATTERS NE-MORE!!!! You are FAIL or whatever the new current cool thing is to say.

It's arbitrary. Enormous fees for respec'ing add nothing to the game except to placate masses of little boys who sit safely and anonymously behind their keyboard bragging how hard core and e-famous they are.

Doesn't reset every week you derpinator. For me it reset after I had paid 99800 for 4th respec. So it went like this 0, 1300, 54000, 99800, 0

Yesterday, I went to respec. Dude told me it would cost 54K. I said, sure, okay.

When I actually hit OK, the chatbox said respec cost: 0.

The NPC lies to you, it resets after a week.