What is your favorite Starship in Star Wars Universe?

Cassidan

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe no one has said this yet but...the SUN CRUSHER. I always thought as a kid that this was the best ship. Small, agile, and INVINCIBLE. I'm not even sure a superlaser could destroy it...but try hitting it with one first...

...Plus you can, you know, destroy other ship by ramming them, and blow up stars. What now suckas?

Without a doubt my favorite starship is the B-wing. Even the Expanded B-wing/E.

That has been my favorite ship for as long as I can remember. The B-wing pilot outfit was even the first costume I joined the Rebel Legion with.

I'm a B-wing nut. I even have a B-wing collection. :t_tongue:

Edited by Blue_Leader

Tie Interceptor

"Your generic TIE grunt is just plain suicidal. And the TIE Defender jockey is bloodthirsty. But the TIE Interceptor pilot, he's suicidal and bloodthirsty. When you see a squad of those maniacs flying your way, you'd better hope your hyperdrive is operational."

―Kyle Katarn

Edited by Grmp

I have always had a fondness for the unsung workhorse of the early Rebel Alliance fighter squadrons, the Y-Wing.

It is hard for me to figure out where this affection arose. Surely, in the original screen run of Star Wars in 1977, I was all about the X-Wing fighter - the one that Luke flew to save the day. And the Millenium Falcon had an iconic status as well.

Perhaps it came from playing with my die-cast model Y-Wing (by Kenner). Or by the Y-Wing flown to a crash landing on Mimban in Splinter of the Mind's Eye when we were hungry for more of Star Wars before The Empire Strikes Back was even a glimmer on the horizon.

Maybe it came in part from the animated short feature which was the sole redeeming moment of the ineffably awful Star Wars Holiday Special - toxic even to those of us eager for anything more from the Galaxy Far, Far Away. Luke Skywalker piloted a Y-Wing there to another crash landing on the bizarre, jelly-like moon of Poona, to be rescued by... Boba Fett!

The Y-Wing doesn't get a lot of love. But it's like the extras who only get a line or two, but nonetheless give the GFFA its own life. Could the Y-Wing belong anywhere else? Can we imagine the Rebel Fleet without it? I can't, certainly.

Without a doubt my favorite starship is the B-wing. Even the Expanded B-wing/E.

That has been my favorite ship for as long as I can remember. The B-wing pilot outfit was even the first costume I joined the Rebel Legion with.

I'm a B-wing nut. I even have a B-wing collection. :t_tongue:

This may show my level of nerdness, but I have the B-Wing lego set fully assembled and in my room. It's the only one I couldn't tear down when I got to the point where I stopped playing with Leggo's

Hard to pick one. So many of them are really good (from the original movies anyway. prequel ships seemed more blah, but that could be my expectations changing).

I played the X-Wing/TIE Fighter games to death so that may color my choices too.

Milennium Falcon, of course!

X-Wing design is classic.

B-Wing is cool

I liked almost all the capital ships from the original trilogy except perhaps the Republic Transport ships you see in ESB. Nebulon B Frigates, Corellian Corvettes, Calamari Cruisers, and Star Destroyers are all fantastic.