No patch on 1/17/2011

Kryptale

The funny thing is that the conspiracy theorists and tinfoil hatters have absolutely no clue. It's in Bioware's best interest to have the patch out BEFORE the end of the first subscription month, to show that they can pull out content relatively fast and fix the problems before those on the fence about resubbing will have to take that decision (and those are the only ones that count, not the few and isolated crybabies that already decided not to resub on their first day and spent the rest of their free month crying on the forums).

Doesn't take a degree in marketing to get that, but honestly some of the trolls around there are just too crazy to be true.

Edited by Abriael

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please...

Releasing the patch before the 20th was just not going to happen. It was just a carrot.

You'll experience the update and possibly a lot of bug fixes... *if* you subscribe. Blizzard has done it for such a long time not a shocker to see BW doing the same.

Companies release patches near to and BEFORE sub milestones like this one (first month) so try to show they are responsive and can get content out. BW have failed.

A few hours to play a new patch to see if its decent is not enought a few days was needed. If I was being cynical I'd say that BW are delaying the release as late as possible as they know its sub-par, but I think them being incompetent and missing deadlines is more likely.

Expect another at 3 months and 6 months to try to retain subs as they run out, but expect BW to fail then aswell.

First impressions count, and BW have shown a badly bugged mediocre MMO and tehn failed to show they can get content out on time. Its not inspiring me to sub up.

I'm sure others will, and I hope BW gets its act together for you.

Edited by Cameirus

First impressions count, and BW have shown a badly bugged mediocre MMO and tehn failed to show they can get content out on time.

Basically every single critic on the net disagrees. And that's good, because in the large picture, a dude spouting some petty lies on a forum counts nothing.

You can remove the tinfoil hats now. Or continue to freak out because they're "NOT GIVING US ENOUGH TIME TO SEE IF THE PATCH ADDRESSES MY CONCERNS OMGGGGZ".

I tend to assume it will be the latter....but oh well.

http://www.swtor.com/community/devtracker.php

Hello everyone, we wanted to let you know that we have rescheduled weekly maintenance for eight hours on January 18th, 2012 from 2AM CST (12AM PST/3AM EST/8AM GMT/9AM CET) until 10AM CST (8AM PST/11AM EST/4PM GMT/5PM CET). This downtime is in preparation for our first major game update, Rise of the Rakghouls! All game servers and SWTOR.com will be offline during this period. This maintenance is expected to take no more than eight hours, but could be extended.

Game Update 1.1, Rise of the Rakghouls, is the first of what will be many regularly-scheduled content updates for the game. With this update, expect a vast expansion to the Karagga’s Palace Operation, a brand new Flashpoint called “Kaon Under Siege”, and many more changes!

For more information, check out our Game Update 1.1 news article.

As a reminder, we are still aiming to limit our scheduled maintenance period to once a week, on Tuesdays, but we had to delay this week's maintenance due to some issues found on the Public Test Server that required extra testing. Our goal is still to ensure that the weekly maintenance period to takes place in an off-peak time for both North American and European players. We are also aiming to inform players of the precise duration of any weekly maintenance period at least 24 hours before the maintenance begins.

For our new players, this weekly maintenance is done in order to make general improvements and to check performance of the game so that we can continue to provide a consistent, quality experience. Quite often (but not always) after a maintenance period there will a patch to download. Please be sure to update your launcher after any maintenance period.

Scheduled Maintenance

Date: Wednesday, January 18th, 2012

Time: 2AM CST (12AM PST/3AM EST/8AM GMT/9AM CET) to 10AM CST (8AM PST/11AM EST/4PM GMT/5PM CET)

All game servers and SWTOR.com will be offline during this period. This maintenance is expected to take no more than eight hours.

Thank you for your patience as we maintain service for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.

I'm posting this again in full

Basically every single critic on the net disagrees. And that's good, because in the large picture, a dude spouting some petty lies on a forum counts nothing.

opinion cant be lies, get some perspective.

Not all critics agree, and they are not biassed are they! lol. (incomming fanbois who dont realise how the real world works). Its not like their sites are funded by advertisements bought by big game companies or anything.

user reviews are less complementary.

But thats beside the point, my posts are my opinions, you posts are yours. Dont pretend either mean any more than that.

opinion cant be lies, get some perspective.

Not all critics agree, and they are not biassed are they! lol. (incomming fanbois who dont realise how the real world works). Its not like their sites are funded by advertisements bought by big game companies or anything.

user reviews are less complementary.

But thats beside the point, my posts are my opinions, you posts are yours. Dont pretend either mean any more than that.

Again your use of the word fanbois continues to amuse me greatly keep it coming. Do you debase every individual who disagrees with you in this way?

Again your use of the word fanbois continues to amuse me greatly keep it coming. Do you debase every individual who disagrees with you in this way?

People call those who criticise the game trolls, I merely respond to them by calling them what they are.

You know there was a large portion of the forums who denied ability delay existed....until BW confirmed it did and all those pointing it out were entirely correct....

Nothing on ability delay as far as I can see. Or on graphics..

Edited by Cameirus

They cant win. If they release it tomorrow people will yell "We told you about these bugs and you did not fix them but put them out anyways!!". If they postpone it you say "I cant believe you postponed this update!!". Better postponed than giving us a bunch of new bugs or another economy ruining exploit I say.

Why should I have to pick either of those options? How about just getting it right and sticking to the published release date? Man people have low expectations for corporations these days.

I agree it seems to be equal on all sides one using fanboism the other "troll"

Ultimately I was pointing out the two things that are within a players control.

To immidiatley be called fanboi is not overly impressive.

However it seems BW has set the patch to the 18th. Take it as it is good or bad one way or another

Edited by Spyderwraith

Ah yes... the 'unsubbed' but still posting on the forums type of person.... :rolleyes:

You have 1 day of play time remaining. When your play time runs out, you will no longer be able to play. Please sign up for a recurring subscription plan or redeem a Game Time Code.[/Quote]

And yes I am posting on here out of boredom (It's cold and rainy out) and I really don't play any other MMO, and watching people defend this game with every fiber of their being is really kind of funny to me.

Why should I have to pick either of those options? How about just getting it right and sticking to the published release date? Man people have low expectations for corporations these days.

totally.

If our options are:

1. buggy and a little bit late; or

2. not so buggy but very late

then I really am concerned over BWs ability to do anything.

Option 3 should be standard:

3. very few bugs and on time.

totally.

If our options are:

1. buggy and a little bit late; or

2. not so buggy but very late

then I really am concerned over BWs ability to do anything.

Option 3 should be standard:

3. very few bugs and on time.

I see and agree with this yes but again ultimatley option 3 is not currently on the table

The two options I mentioned because they are controlled by the individual person are still valid.

I am niether defending or bashing this game.

Seems it's either one side or the other

1) Hate this game bash the **** out of it wether or not your issues have merit-

2) Or immidiatley be deemed "fanboi" if your opinion even slightly differs from the people who have all end of issues wether they be valid issues or not

Edited by Spyderwraith