Jedi Sentinel isn't broken.

Nilithak

The class isn't broken. I haven't noticed any difficulties while leveling OR while PvPing. Sure I get steamrolled in PvP, but that has more to do with gear and lack of level (33). The class takes skill. That's what makes it different from the rest.

Good sir...do I need to turn on google translator to ill-informed and translate that to: I am simply blind to the fact that the class has issues though good in concept I will turn a blind eye to them for no reason other than my unrealistic expectations of how a normal class should be functioning...a few examples including: Gear dependency of an addict, religious hilt creation (Every two levels), No utility between a few skills, gimped damage (despite second saber) And well...a plethora of other issues that I don't have the time nor the years required to explain. (Last bit was from kreia :) ))

Wah Wah Wah Logan how about you take a breather.

The Sentinel isn’t broken at all. Yep there are some interface issues that cause it to be more difficult than it should be, and Yep there are some other classes that are playing on easy mode.

As a now L50 Sentinel I required Help on two class quests, and from some of what I have learned since I could probably have dealt with one of them.

As a Sentinel I have soloed two elites and two standard mobs simultaneously, so we can do some impressive things. Yes I know that a Commando can face role the same thing with a blind fold on and his schlong tied behind his back, but wait for the nerfing because it is coming.

I’ll be honest the biggest bug I find we suffer from (And all classes have this) is when Companions stop performing their tasks for some reason (When Doc stops healing it is a bad thing)

And I say this as a Combat Sentinel, who used Kira all the way up until getting Doc, so I played it the hard way.

Wake up people having some risk of failure is what makes success taste so sweet.

Again silly arguments of why Sentinel isn't broken.

Tell me, what's not broken about a complex to play DPS class putting out the same dps as faceroll classes/hybrids who have heavy armor, ranged damage, more CC and can heal?

Do you guys even know what balance means?

Edited by Vibeth

The class isn't broken. I haven't noticed any difficulties while leveling OR while PvPing. Sure I get steamrolled in PvP, but that has more to do with gear and lack of level (33). The class takes skill. That's what makes it different from the rest.

sorry but a lv33 guy who misses such important skills/talentpoints shouldnt talk about classbalance at all.

Biggest issue with Sentinel DPS is our animation issue. Pretty sure all Sents DPS will rise if our instants are instant and don't stutter and restart without applying damage.

As a 50 sentinel I have to say.... THIS^^^^.

I can't tell you the amount of times in a warzone where I die because my stealth button or guarded by the force isn't working, I delay a medal (quick draw) because I'm mysteriously out of range right next to a guy, or the amount of times a master strike bugs out with no damage to an enemy right next to me and i go into an unbreakable animation as I watch my prey run away with a sliver of health with my dispatch move glowing on my skill bar.

due to the nature of the class, close to instant response is necessary when it comes to our survival buttons. the ability times are too short and the cd's too long for it to be otherwise.

Basically if the server can't keep up with us, we die. Horribly. Usually to focus fire.

Edited by icbeodragon

when you are 50, tell us this again. As it stands your experience with the class is extremely limited.

Biggest issue with Sentinel DPS is our animation issue. Pretty sure all Sents DPS will rise if our instants are instant and don't stutter and restart without applying damage.

THIS!!!!!

DEVS READ THIS!!!

I am sick of pressing or even clicking (I've tried both) a skill and watching my toon pull back his lightsabers as if about to unleash a powerful attack only to see him pull them back again. And again. And again. And again. Oh THEN the skill fires.

I can miss not just one but two and possibly three GCDs watching ONE skill try and try again and again to fire.

And these aren't just some moderately useful skill that I could choose to drop from my rotation. I'm talking about blade storm as a combat spec'd sentinel.

Also this is NOT due to positioning. Just last night I was fighting a world boss with a hit box the size of the state of Kansas and it was happening on almost every skill.

I'm an experienced enough player to know this is wrecking my dps output. Especially in the combat tree where all my damage is direct rather than the more forgiving nature of watchman dots.

Please /bug this when it happens folks. BW needs to understand that this is really wrecking our class.

Edited by thanealpha