This is just outrageous!

Wingzeron

I can't remember the last time I felt so squishy/weak/useless in a game like now. There really have to come changes in Marauders/Sentinels.

I come from World of Warcraft where I played hardcore pvp since 2006 and achieved many many high end ahievments and thought it was time for a switch, to a different MMO. I fell in love with SWTOR right at the moment I tried it out and knew it would have a lot of potentional.

The thing is that the PVP system is so broken right now, that I literally wanna throw up.

I have been through a lot and know that this game is only 1 month old and should have patience with it.

The thing is that it has already been serval months since beta and there hasn't even changed one simple thing in Marauders/Sentinels. Right now the class is really at the bodum of the foodchain. Unbelievable how a full dps, not hybrid class can be so bad in an MMO.

We literally have 0 CC/Stuns/Pushbacks/Offheals. I just love the feeling of being usefull in a Warzone/Battleground, but why on earth would you take a Marauder over any other class today in a pvp combat as part of your team?

Any other Hybrid class can do atleast as much if not more damage than a Marauder + they have all those CC/Stuns/Pushbacks/Offheals.

I really don't care about a little bit inbalance here and there, but when something is so damn obvious it just need to be spoken out asap.

The thing that got me worry is that after so much time Bioware hasn't even taken the time to mention the situation of Marauders/Sentinels. I still cant believe why on earth would you give Marauders, the pure dps medium armor class such a low surviveabillity/mobillity and literally no CC at all?

I know this may be another QQ thread like many others, but this has to be fixed once and for all.

Sorry for my English.

Ok, I'm only level 38 but I have to agree wholeheartedly. How is it that a trooper can LITERALLY one shot an entire mob and level them, while I have to whittle them down with about as much effect as a butter knife has whittling down a piece of wood? I mean, I'm effective with my Sentinel and quite efficient in killing mobs, but they're still JEDI! Not saying they should just be rolling over anything in their path, but the feeling of being a Jedi is missing in this class. Underpowered doesn't even begin to touch the description of Sentinels.

As it stands now, Sentinels feel like the Diet Coke of all the classes. Maybe they become ungodly powerful around 50, I dunno. I certainly hope they do. They either need to be buffed or other classes nerfed if they don't improve at higher levels.

Edited by Astenion

By several you mean choke?

We have a stun, a slow, a couple immobilizations depending on talents, a blind, etc. etc. We have lots of group utility. For some reason most Sentinels don't feel like pushing those buttons though.

I agree with him...I stopped paying attention when I saw someone claiming we had absolutely no CC.

We have a stun, a slow, a couple immobilizations depending on talents, a blind, etc. etc. We have lots of group utility. For some reason most Sentinels don't feel like pushing those buttons though.

I agree with him...I stopped paying attention when I saw someone claiming we had absolutely no CC.

All of that is crap or speccable or crap and speccable at the same time. And none of it hard CC (stuns/knockdowns). Aoe mez has some potential if you're with a premade, but only then, pugs will break it 10 times before your gcd is over. Nevermind, why do I even bother anymore...

i am glad some one called him out.... We actually have the chance to heal people depending on your points. i usually am around 50k per WZ in heals

All of that is crap or speccable or crap and speccable at the same time. And none of it hard CC (stuns/knockdowns). Aoe mez has some potential if you're with a premade, but only then, pugs will break it 10 times before your gcd is over. Nevermind, why do I even bother anymore...

Calling an ability crap because you choose not to use it or choose not to play a team game like a team player isn't exactly an immutable truth.

Pacify is great. If you're not using it start. Awe is useful even without mass coordination.

Force Stasis requires no spec and is awesome as an interrupt/damage mitigation/protecting the capper. You should use it regularly. Yes, it can be resisted/resolved/interrupted. So can many other skills that I hear people complaining about (without talenting).

Leg sweep is an easy to use slow. I'm specced Combat so I also have a Crippling Throw that immobilizes people and debuffs, so I rarely use the slow anymore, but it's still there for non Combat spec.

On top of that we have a big buff to group speed, and a buff to damage/healing that we can use very regularly.

So again, people who say that Sentinels have no utility/cc will just get tuned out by people who actually play the class.

I'm not saying we don't have any problems (animations/stuttering being the biggest ones). I'm saying don't bolster your argument with lies.

^ this.

Read tooltips, read some things that have been stickied in the Sentinel forum (should know where it is, the thread lives there), and see that the pieces are all there. You just have to read and understand that you need to actively put them together.

The thing is that it has already been serval months since beta and there hasn't even changed one simple thing in Marauders/Sentinels.

Centering called to say "hi" and remind you that it exists.

If you really feel like you want to play with more CCs and whatnot, change things up. Shadow has a lot of situational control, and the pacing is similar to Sentinel, so consider giving it a shot, as well!

I have been through a lot and know that this game is only 1 month old and should have patience with it.

Also, this. ^

I can't remember the last time I felt so squishy/weak/useless in a game like now. There really have to come changes in Marauders/Sentinels.

I come from World of Warcraft where I played hardcore pvp since 2006 and achieved many many high end ahievments and thought it was time for a switch, to a different MMO. I fell in love with SWTOR right at the moment I tried it out and knew it would have a lot of potentional.

The thing is that the PVP system is so broken right now, that I literally wanna throw up.

The thing is that it has already been serval months since beta and there hasn't even changed one simple thing in Marauders/Sentinels. Right now the class is really at the bodum of the foodchain. Unbelievable how a full dps, not hybrid class can be so bad in an MMO.

We literally have 0 CC/Stuns/Pushbacks/Offheals. I just love the feeling of being usefull in a Warzone/Battleground, but why on earth would you take a Marauder over any other class today in a pvp combat as part of your team?

Any other Hybrid class can do atleast as much if not more damage than a Marauder + they have all those CC/Stuns/Pushbacks/Offheals.

I really don't care about a little bit inbalance here and there, but when something is so damn obvious it just need to be spoken out asap.

The thing that got me worry is that after so much time Bioware hasn't even taken the time to mention the situation of Marauders/Sentinels. I still cant believe why on earth would you give Marauders, the pure dps medium armor class such a low surviveabillity/mobillity and literally no CC at all?

I know this may be another QQ thread like many others, but this has to be fixed once and for all.

Sorry for my English.

Bad players will be bad players......

"No surviveability / mobility" - lets see (transcendence, force camo, guarded by the force, rebuke, resolute (everyones got this), saber ward, 2% heals from dot crits, statis, force leap, blind) can you please explain how we are "LOW" in S/M? ill give you statis and awe which while not alot is enough cc.

The problem with sents/mars is that alot of the people who rolled them were expecting a faceroll class and not a skills class. I personally look at every single other sent/mar ive seen on my server in battle and they are all terrible. This class while currently i will agree is technically at the bottom of the food chain in terms of overall difficulty/reward ratio, it is not a bad class. Essentially we are probably the best 1v1 class in the game, toss in a pocket healer and well game is over once they fix the ability bug / refine resolve. And even if they dont fix resolve to be more melee friendly we will still be fine.

The biggest problem with bioware buffing sent/mars is that it would make the really good players of this class absolutly ridiculously OP. Remember as a sent/mar you have extrememly potent and strong defensive cooldowns on essentially short cd's for the amount of defense they give you.

Edited by Vegathegreat

This class while currently i will agree is technically at the bottom of the food chain in terms of overall difficulty/reward ratio, it is not a bad class.

I find being not-dead (unlike the other guy) to be quite rewarding! :D

You make other valid points, though...we are pretty awesome and any buffs might just push us over the line into "too awesome."

I find being not-dead (unlike the other guy) to be quite rewarding! :D

You make other valid points, though...we are pretty awesome and any buffs might just push us over the line into "too awesome."

I was basically refering to the amount of abilities we must use to be on par with classes who have more of the balance in a passive setup as opposed to a pro-active skills setup.

But thats how it is when your the non tank / non stealth, melee class....

and i for one luv it =)