Feeling very ripped off

AbbadunkJr

I have to say first that I have followed this game from day one and I do love it completely. However I would like to address some issue with the whole system of "If you have more real life money you get more".

First let me begin by stating that I understand that in this worlds eyes money is every thing. That I am aware BW and its affiliates have to make money. However I felt extremely ripped off by the Edition I bought. Then by there slight of hand I was forced to throw away more money just to get my 30 free days of play. Then Im forced to spend even more to get a key in order to buy the kool stuff in the game, which at this time I refuse to do plus I'm not made of money and really cant afford to. Honestly I feel as if all the grinding I do in game means nothing as without having a lot of money in the real world I can only by 2nd rate stuff. Oh and you know what I got for spending an extra 15 dollars for the game? a crappy bracelet that lets be buy some crappy ship or speeder w/e it is that I don't nor does any one else really want or need...THATS IT 1 THING \. Yes I get the cool crystal, but theirs better ones in game, I get the free speeder, which I don't know why, I can just buy one. and the other little crap like the take a screenshot cmn that should be built into the game. The point is is that I feel the greed choking me already and I honestly don't appreciate it. Its like dealing with Sony all over again in SWG. I was a 7 year vet and they behind closed doors made a deal with Bioware to end the game in order to convert every one to this. Now theirs no issue really there accept again the greed factor.

The second thing I would like to address is the amount of flaming going on between English speaking players and NONE in general. I'm sorry but that section of the EULA talking about that is borderline illegal in so many ways its not even respectable. I am an American but I CHOOSE to play on the European servers in order to stay in touch with many of my friends Ive known in the gaming communities for years Since JKA and SWG. And for others to be so rude as to tell them to shut up and report them getting them banned for occasionally saying some thing in general chat in there own language, thats ****** there rights as humans in a since. I understand overdoing it is different however I often see them trying to be very respectful, then others will turn around and start flaming there grammar. Why dont we start reporting and banning the idiots really causing the issue among the community with there lack of tolerance and focus on whats important? This is not a issue that can be fixed with different servers or chat channels, but more ore less a mutual respect must be established.

So on behalf of myself and others END THE GREED SYSTEM, AND END THE INTOLERANCE. I worked hard to buy this game why shouldn't every detail of it be available to me?

Edited by AbbadunkJr

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought the DDE, and would very much like the extra $30 I spent back. Other than the STAP, I haven't used a single thing in that kit more than once, and even the STAP I only use because I don't feel like spending 8K credits on a different speeder.

But hey, I chalk it up to being a bad consumer. I let EA get over on me, should have known better, definitely won't happen again. Caveat emptor.

They security key vendor is a incentive to get you to protect your account. It saves BW money in the end when they don't have to waste time resetting hacked accounts and it helps save us from the annoyance.

Why dont they just offer that free to EVERY one, if my account gets hack they will be liable for not offering that trust me on this!

The point is, is they already have the proper system to protect ur account, but u gotto spend extra? ***! thats a rip they should protect us all equally!

Edited by AbbadunkJr

However I felt extremely ripped off by the Edition I bought.

Why do you feel ripped off?

Then by there slight of hand I was forced to throw away more money just to get my 30 free days of play.

No you weren't, I got my 30 "free" days without spending more than the box price

Then Im forced to spend even more to get a key in order to buy the kool stuff in the game,

There's not that much on the security vendor, you're also not forced to buy it, the items on the vendor is an incentive for people to take an additional step to keeping their account secure.

This game was good for $60, because it;s a single player game.

Not worth the sub though

This was another example of there slight of hand NO WHERE did it say we would have to buy not a 1 month but a fuggin 2 month sub just to receive our free 30 days until the day it was fuggin launched!

I feel ripped because I dont get those things even though it may not be much unless I PAY them more, I dont get the equal protection unless I PAY THEM MORE. If you cant see *** is wrong with that your blind?

Edited by AbbadunkJr

Why dont they just offer that free to EVERY one, if my account gets hack they will be liable for not offering that trust me on this!

The point is, is they already have the proper system to protect ur account, but u gotto spend extra? ***! thats a rip they should protect us all equally!

It is free for iPhone and Android.

They do offer it for free. iPhone or Android app. Go get you some security key lovin'.

Exactly. The key probably costs them about $1.

It's not some altruistic endeavor by EA to get people to protect their accounts. Like DLC's in DA2, it's another way for them to fleece consumers. If their goal was account protection and to save themselves money in the long-run, they would provide it for free with the game.

They do offer it for free. iPhone or Android app. Go get you some security key lovin'.

Another example of a behind the scenes contract, which is nice for those who have those phones but dude im a poor guy I work 10-10 every day and I have bills and kids to feed. Im not some teenager who spends all my money on stupid accessories that really mean nothing..

It's not some altruistic endeavor by EA to get people to protect their accounts. Like DLC's in DA2, it's another way for them to fleece consumers. If their goal was account protection and to save themselves money in the long-run, they would provide it for free with the game.

The app IS free and no, authenticators do not cost $1.

They key likely costs them more than what they're charging us for, that and they also have to lease the back end system that supports it, security updates to that system and the support for it which are all additional costs they absorb.

Edited by Ellif

However I felt extremely ripped off by the Edition I bought.

They did more or less make it rather clear what you were getting in it... So I'm not sure what reason you have to feel this way.

Then by there slight of hand I was forced to throw away more money just to get my 30 free days of play.

You did not have to spend a penny to get that free 30 days. They did not charge your CC or Bank Card a dime, that wasn't canceled.

Then Im forced to spend even more to get a key in order to buy the kool stuff in the game

There's very little actually worth buying at the security key vendor. It's all cosmetic items, that have no impact on game play.

So it sounds like your whole issue with greed, is because you made some decisions and don't want to be accountable for them.

The second thing I would like to address is the amount of flaming going on between English speaking players and NONE in general.

Really not sure what you're talking about here.

Sounds like some people are getting reported for 'speaking' in some other language in the English...

I'm pretty sure there are rules on the EU servers about 'English only', and if that is the case then the people speaking in some other language are in fact breaking the rules.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.