Is it me or the healer.

DevonLoy

Problem would be solved with combat logs/meters.

Just sayin

shockingly without even being there to see the fight let alone any dps meters or combat logs most of us can tell right off they are no ccing the mobs and thats the issue they are having.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When server transfers become available, I invite all dps to come to Krayt Dragon. On both my Imperial and Republic toons, all I see is LFM need dps for w/e they are running.

I swear its a server full of tanks and healers. Rarely do I see calls for them.

shockingly without even being there to see the fight let alone any dps meters or combat logs most of us can tell right off they are no ccing the mobs and thats the issue they are having.

He beat the fight with a different healer. Did the 36 sentinel wake up and start doing some real damage? Did the 22 tank avoid some of the big hits that were doing him in before? Did the new healer spam heals better? Who knows. The OP sure doesn't.

We were using CC but it only lasts so long in that fight (Each guy takes a minute or more to drop and they get stronger after each one you kill)

as a healer i can tell you that my wirlwind ir ready to go to re cc a mob by the time the first one drops off. So i just re cc mine. Usually, i select the one we will kill last to cc

except CC wasn't the problem and usually isn't, so.... you fail.

Don't think you can CC those guys? At least the jedi counterparts. I remember we tried it and they were all immune.

And doesn't at least one of them drop aggro regularly? Also you should just have the sentinel tank the whole place.

Edited by anwg

He beat the fight with a different healer. Did the 36 sentinel wake up and start doing some real damage? Did the 22 tank avoid some of the big hits that were doing him in before? Did the new healer spam heals better? Who knows. The OP sure doesn't.

Interrupts would also probably massive in reducing the Sorc damage, as well as other classes.

If the healer has mobs on him, he's spending more time healing himself that he could spend healing you. The area heals in this game leave a lot to be desired, and the healers take a lot more damage than the tanks.

The end results of those two facts is - if the healer will always do better focusing on one main tank than on himself + 1 tank. There's almost no instance where you would want a healer to be tanking anything. If you can't keep up with 4 guys on the tank, then you're really not going to be able to keep up with 3 on the tank and 1 on the healer.

Interrupts would also probably massive in reducing the Sorc damage, as well as other classes.

I remember using skada to see who got interrupts and who didn't. Fun times. Seemed like whenever something went wrong, you always knew the reason.

I run with guildies only and use TS so we have an advantage.

I am a heal specced sage

CC is your friend, this game is loaded with it.

A 4 mob pull suddenly becomes only 2 and then it becomes much easier, a little time spent prepull arranging stuff goes a long way. Our tank rarely guards me, he reserves that for our goddam dps who take aggro off him far more than i do. But i have specced points into reducing my aggro through heals.

I have noticed the ui is not healer-friendly and damage is very 'spikey' so i lose someone occasionally, but **** happens.....

Luckily they love me so much they dont moan often

as a healer i can tell you that my wirlwind ir ready to go to re cc a mob by the time the first one drops off. So i just re cc mine. Usually, i select the one we will kill last to cc

That works for all healers except IA (and likely the scoundrel mirror). They can only chain mez robots.

Don't think you can CC those guys? At least the jedi counterparts. I remember we tried it and they were all immune.

And doesn't at least one of them drop aggro regularly? Also you should just have the sentinel tank the whole place.

yes he bounces around from target to target. Usually, he does not kill his target right off unless they are down on health. the Healer has to be quick to bring someone back up to health before he retargets them. If he just assumes they are not being hit now i can wait and they get retargeted they will die fast.

I WAS THE TANK

ask questions before you point them out against other people

Why on earth would the sentinel tank the place (he didn't last 10 sec after I died

If the healer has mobs on him, he's spending more time healing himself that he could spend healing you. The area heals in this game leave a lot to be desired, and the healers take a lot more damage than the tanks.

The end results of those two facts is - if the healer will always do better focusing on one main tank than on himself + 1 tank. There's almost no instance where you would want a healer to be tanking anything. If you can't keep up with 4 guys on the tank, then you're really not going to be able to keep up with 3 on the tank and 1 on the healer.

The healer did not have mobs on him

That works for all healers except IA (and likely the scoundrel mirror). They can only chain mez robots.

well thats why i mentioned my spell as i do not know all the classes and their cc's His list of group mates just said Healer. I figured if he had a sage they would have a mirror of my spell.

yes he bounces around from target to target. Usually, he does not kill his target right off unless they are down on health. the Healer has to be quick to bring someone back up to health before he retargets them. If he just assumes they are not being hit now i can wait and they get retargeted they will die fast.

the one that bounced I primarily focused aggro on him (I have a permanent 6 sec aggro I only used on him unless he wasnt jumping) (its a marauder)

I WAS THE TANK

ask questions before you point them out against other people

I know you were the tank. But you don't know what happened in the first place, or what changed with the next healer. Which is why you made this thread in the first place. If you knew the answer, you wouldn't be asking the thread topic question.

well thats why i mentioned my spell as i do not know all the classes and their cc's His list of group mates just said Healer. I figured if he had a sage they would have a mirror of my spell.

We won with a sage after our Smuggler left

I know you were the tank. But you don't know what happened in the first place, or what changed with the next healer. Which is why you made this thread in the first place. If you knew the answer, you wouldn't be asking the thread topic question.

read the whole thread I only posted conversation starter information in the OP

this is a 7 page thread

read the whole thing

Edited by DevonLoy

the one that bounced I primarily focused aggro on him (I have a permanent 6 sec aggro I only used on him unless he wasnt jumping) (its a marauder)

ya but he will still bounce you can never really stop him from doing it. Also since you were running with guildies do you know if they were focus firing. One thing i have noticed in this game is alot of dps will just be randomly picking off a mob to shoot at and not be focusing in on one target. Especially if that target is one like this one. They will tend to go off on one they think they can down quickly