Grav Round and High Impact Bolt Sound Effects Feel Weak

Naroga

I had been looking forward to getting Grav Round on my Commando Alt today, and when I finally got it, I was extremely disappointed in the sound effect and animation. Currently, it just feels weak and the visual/sound doesn't match the damage.

I was expecting something with a bit more "oomph" when I use my BFG. I want my High Impact Bolt and Grav Round to feel like they have weight when they come out of the gun. Right now, it's a "ziiip" sound with a little white beam. It's meh, in my opinion.

Anybody else care to weigh in?

P.S - I also feel that the stock strike pails in comparison to the BH's Rocket Punch. Actually, now that I think about it, most of the Commandos animations aren't as good (ie: Mortar Volley vs DFA)

Yeah... I hear ya. It feels like anything that comes out of a giant cannon should have a substantial "BOOM" to go with it. Especially HIB.... sounds like a computer fart.

However: I'm kind of happy that the graphics are fairly unnoticeable, for PvP sake.

I guess. But it feels weird having a BFG with no noticeable explosive sounds =/

I too was hugely disappointed by Grav Round. I wanted my Commando to be a walking weapons platform who unleashed torrents of fully automatic blaster fire on all who were foolish enough to oppose him. Instead he's supposed to be a pale imitation of a ghostbuster?

Agreed. HIB and Grav Round seem a bit off considering what they do and the gun they come out of. I remember when I first got Grav Round I though I was being interrupted or something because I didn't notice the completion of the firing sequence. It took me a while to notice the actual point at which the shot was fired and caused damage.

Other than the animation and sound on those two, I think they are spot on.

Agreed. HIB and Grav Round seem a bit off considering what they do and the gun they come out of. I remember when I first got Grav Round I though I was being interrupted or something because I didn't notice the completion of the firing sequence. It took me a while to notice the actual point at which the shot was fired and caused damage.

Other than the animation and sound on those two, I think they are spot on.

So, you like the damage components :p

HIB is definitely underwhelming. Playing a BH alt after having hit 50 on my Commando, I was VERY upset to hear how amazing Rail Shot LOOKED and SOUNDED in comparison to HIB. Grav Round is alright I suppose, but it could use a deeper boom or something... a little 'oomph' to make it perfect.

I'd prefer if Grav looked a bit more like Concussive bolt rather than its current 'big blue money shot/ghostbusters wannabe' effect.

As it is it does'nt really feel like it should be called Grav round, more like Grav Stream...

Edited by jedip_enguin

Im fine with the quiet nature of our skills. I dont want a foot wide laser beam and a 90 decibel explosion happening in PvP. Half the strength of our class is the ability to quietly stand off to the side and pour thousands of damage into people. The more easy it is to notice us the harder it is for us to do our jobs.

I agree with the OP. I miss my lowbie days sometimes when I still used... excuse me while i look it up...there we go explosive round. Damn I wish there was a spec that incorporated that into the rotation :(

That was a powerful skill. Had a good animation and is completely left behind by all of our specs....