The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Pulling a player with the huttball should not be allowed.

Skaarrj

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Havaing a Sage/Sorc pull a teammate that has the huttball should NOT be allowed. This is what passing is for. With a pull you bypass:

1). The chance that you have a bad pass

2). That your Pass gets intercepted.

3). Quicker movement between 2 points than passing a ball

Pulling the huttball is way too easy to accomplish. Remove the ability to pull the player with the huttball

This is why you can pass the ball.

It's called mechanics bro. If you can't live with it leave PvP. I mean really what's next? Juggs can't charge? Ops can't stealth? No more healing? No more ranged? Because all that can give unfair advantages too.

Also I rarely see pull set ups unless it's a premade grp.

It's called mechanics bro. If you can't live with it leave PvP. I mean really what's next? Juggs can't charge? Ops can't stealth? No more healing? No more ranged? Because all that can give unfair advantages too.

Also I rarely see pull set ups unless it's a premade grp.

Non of that except the charge have anything to do with the player carrying the ball. You cant healteleport a player to the finishline, you wont move faster using ranged skills.

They disabled stealth when carrying the ball. They could just make it so inqs, warriors and pt with jumps can queue for the map, its pretty much about who has the most of those classes as it is now anyways,

Doesn't matter. You got CC'd. Totally different story. What I'm talking completely bypasses any sort of skill at passing a huttball. Get the ball, get pulled. Cap. Pretty simple. No chance at a bad pass. No chance at an interception. And it's much faster.

Lol and leaping from the bottom pit to the end zone is ok for marauders?

I personally think that if you have the huttball that your feet shouldnt beable to leave the ground and unless its by an enemy player. There is a reason why all good premades are 99% the way they are because they dominate the game with the pulls. As an opperative i should beable to stealth with the ball if they are allow to pull people across the goal.

Havaing a Sage/Sorc pull a teammate that has the huttball should NOT be allowed. This is what passing is for. With a pull you bypass:

Pulling the huttball is way too easy to accomplish. Remove the ability to pull the player with the huttball

neither should knock backs, stuns, roots, etc.

I honestly haven't seen many sorcs pulling people in Huttball lately. Most of them are to busy trying to keep themselves alive.

I personally think that if you have the huttball that your feet shouldnt beable to leave the ground and unless its by an enemy player. There is a reason why all good premades are 99% the way they are because they dominate the game with the pulls. As an opperative i should beable to stealth with the ball if they are allow to pull people across the goal.

Yeah, that's pretty stupid.

The problem with pull and intercede is that they simply promote stacking nothing but those classes. Sorcs are already likely the best class you can bring to huttball even without pull. A team stacked with sorcs means you can't stop all of them and you also don't get to play the game if you're melee.

Realistically all leaps/pulls/speed increases should make you drop the ball or simply be unable to be used on the ball carrier. Would make huttball much better and less about how many sorcs are on your team.

This sums it all up. There is a reason those types of premades always wins and it has nothing to do with so called skills.

Edited by oompadouche

No point in these kinds of threads really. Next you want marauders off from huttball arenas, is that so, is it? Soon you'll end up in dead server like me, cause everything there is either op or it should be removed just cause you or your team doesnt know how to play.

Wrong.

Passing the huttball is a mechanic that is demanding of good judgemen and map awareness.

If you can just be pulled you immediately knock out the ability to make good or bad decisions upon passing a ball. It's also quicker.

But more impotantly, it completely elminates the possibility of an interception. THIS is not interesting or compelling gameplay. While I normally applaude the use of skills being used in creative manner, not when it has no risk.

THERE IS NOT RISK TO PULLING THE HUTTBALL CARRIER.

False, there is risk to pulling.

The risk is pulling too early. There are so many reverse pulls that are going to negate your 1 min cd pull. If you pull too early a good player is just going to pull him back. Badda bing badda boom.

False, there is risk to pulling.

The risk is pulling too early. There are so many reverse pulls that are going to negate your 1 min cd pull. If you pull too early a good player is just going to pull him back. Badda bing badda boom.

If someone has grapple ready you got to make them use it up. Usually the grappler is going to be in the pit or to the side and is in no danger of dying since it's away from the real action. There is no reason not to pull an ally when you're in an advantageous position. In fact, if you wait a bit longer, then the guy doing pulling gets grappled and now you got absolutely nothing.

If someone has grapple ready you got to make them use it up. Usually the grappler is going to be in the pit or to the side and is in no danger of dying since it's away from the real action. There is no reason not to pull an ally when you're in an advantageous position. In fact, if you wait a bit longer, then the guy doing pulling gets grappled and now you got absolutely nothing.

The pull to the side while it can be helpful is typically just a time saver, its the pull into the fire thats the *****. I can't pull my guy across every single fire. I say this having an sorc and an assassin that I occasionally spec into pull. I counter pull sorcs all day long.

And then also you shouldn't be able to force leap with the huttball either right?

Same question I had. We also should ask is Guardian Leap, Obilterate a part of that too?

PS: Sage/Sorc pull has a long azz CD......

The number one way I see the opposition score in Huttball is because someone tried to guard the ramps and a sith warrior leapt to them, pushed them off, and proceeded unhindered to the goal line.

You mean the number one way you see the opposition score in Huttball is because a PUG BADDIE tried to guard the ramps and a sith warrior leapt to them. thought I would fix that for you :)

And I bet you pull back the huttball carrier with grapple don't ya? I'm fairly sure this is the case. Yet, that's ok with you?

Lets flip the OP scenario. The way I use pull in huttball, is a nicely timed one of the player that appears to most likely be on the receiving end of an upcoming pass. This results in basically taking control of the ball by having it come up as either an interception or an incomplete pass of which resets the ball.

The OP's is more so talking about the over use of the same skill to which a team can utilize it for an advantage point. Saying that this is what passing is for is missing part of the point of the skill all together. With the possibility of the ball carrier being focused and constantly stunned/immobilized, being able to utilize the pull skill is a major tactical play for that team. Especially since there is no way for said ball carrier to pass the ball.

In other words, I strongly disagree with the suggestion all together. Just need to learn a bit better tactics. :p