The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Pulling a player with the huttball should not be allowed.

Skaarrj

No Interceptions.

Leap after the player and knock him off of the platform back into the pack of blood-thirsty opponents or slow him down, or stun him in the fire.

The pulling mechanics wasn't given to a single faction, both sides are able to use it, stop complaining and benefit from it.

The next thing people will start whining about leaping: I pass the ball but then the enemies leap/charge to the new ball carrier, it shouldn't be like that, leaping is faster than walking/running!

Don't be ridiculous.

Edited by SkyCats

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand exactly what you're saying, I don't think you understand though.

With my first reply I was just hoping to save georg zoeller time, should he decide to ever reply to this thread, by giving him a post he could just quote and say "QFT" instead of having to explain to you all the various push pull mechanics of the game, and how huttball was designed knowing full well that it would be possible to pull a friendly player with the huttball out of harms way. And if a sage/sorc is pulling a friendly across the goal line, that means they're standing at the goal line themselves, which begs the question of how your team let that happen in the first place...

the answer is "outplayed"

Again, you don't understand. Not surprising judging the past posts i've read of yours. You seem to gravitate towards "easy" than "requires skillful play".

I can deal with force speed, leap, and all that jazz. Because there is risk involved in using these abilities. There's a chance for error. And you still have to pass the ball.

Pulling a huttball carrier completely eliminates any inherent risk. It makes the huttball carrier too immobile when it's clear that the huttball carrier is supposed to NOT be mobile due to being slowed while having the ball.

No mater what you say, I think you understand I'm right on this point. Or else you'd be lying to yourself.

Edited by Skaarrj

Don't be Naive.

I am not being naïve, I play a Sage and I very well know that by pulling your mate with the ball out of a good situation into a worse one is quite easy, and you don't seem to understand that. There is always risk involved, there is no "one solution" to win. If you can't see this, then you are in blind denial.

Why are you not defending and letting said sorc stay unmolested long enough to pull ball carrier? I know it's an instant cast, but unless they're already waiting in your end zone (and if theyre not dead by the time ball gets back in range youve lost anyway) they need to position themselves properly too. Don't let them. Put them on your knee and smack em. Or push them off. Either way mate, you can't blame a 60 second cd for you getting stomped. Don't juggs have intercede and warriors force leap? For that matter don't you have your own sorcs/sages to repay in kind?

I am not being naïve, I play a [insert class] and I very well know that [insert situation] quite easy, and you don't seem to understand that. There is always risk involved, there is no "one solution" to win. If you can't see this, [insert Insult] .

Fixed that for ya.

I don't think it's fair to call for a nerf on one advanced classes ability if you have an issue with the ball being moved around the arena in this manner. Juggys and their mirror class have charge, and another ability, don't recall the name, that allows them to jump to a friendly as well. I've seen juggy's and guardians go across for a score in 3 to 4 moves by using these abilities. If you want to nerf the sorc/sages pull, then nerf these as well as they allow the same issues you defined.

I don't think it's fair to call for a nerf on one advanced classes ability if you have an issue with the ball being moved around the arena in this manner. Juggys and their mirror class have charge, and another ability, don't recall the name, that allows them to jump to a friendly as well. I've seen juggy's and guardians go across for a score in 3 to 4 moves by using these abilities. If you want to nerf the sorc/sages pull, then nerf these as well as they allow the same issues you defined.

If passing the ball didnt exist, I doubt I would have any problem with the pull ability. But because it does, they can completely circumvent it. Taking all the risk that could ever be involved away.

ITs nice to have a game to play to strengths of tricks other then damage. That said the classed that cant leap, pull, knock-back or use some form of speed are at a disadvantage. Hell some classes get several of those abilities. I will never play huttball as a scoundrel its pointless.

If you have the ball you should not be able to do any speed or ground gaining abilities other then pass but that's not how it works.

You need to be aware of the enemy teams Sorcs/Sages are at. I kept running against this pre-made who would have their healer Sorc run around the side of the map and would go to the upper platforms on our side. The person who would grab the ball always got pulled up.

I caught on and started riding his butt and pulling him far away. Not once did their ball carrier get to the cap.

If passing the ball didnt exist, I doubt I would have any problem with the pull ability. But because it does, they can completely circumvent it. Taking all the risk that could ever be involved away.

I can almost solo the ball as a shadow, as long as I can get to the first fire point up top without using a cool down. Stun break on first fire after then stun me. Pop resilience so they can pull me back or stun me again. Force speed which will allow me to completely jump over the last fire on lower. Score win.

I think be able to pull you teammate as well as to pull someone into a trap is made. Lets be honest without pull noone would ever be put into the acid because half the time knockbacks send people wherever the hell it feels like sending them. Not the way your aiming all the time.

Skaarrj, anytime I see hate threads, they are typically started by you. Is there anything about this game that you like or enjoy?

I appreciate your willingness to put yourself out there and champion change, but you do it from an inside the box perspective and not considering what it would do to other aspects of the game. Except that there is going to be resistance to each of your threads, and quit trying to flame people that have issues with them.

Skaarrj, anytime I see hate threads, they are typically started by you. Is there anything about this game that you like or enjoy?

I appreciate your willingness to put yourself out there and champion change, but you do it from an inside the box perspective and not considering what it would do to other aspects of the game. Except that there is going to be resistance to each of your threads, and quit trying to flame people that have issues with them.

And every post I see of yours you're always trying to be a "superhero".

Agree sorc pulls shouldnt be allowed. Offensive pulls are countered by resolve.

This. I agree with the OP. Quite a lot of Huttball matches and I'm not sure I've seen one as frustrating as two Sorcerers pulling each other to victory. Almost impossible to kill or stop.

what ive seen happen a lot lately(aside from force speed abuse) is this:

people dont even bother to go up on the walkways anymore, they just jump in the pit below the enemy goalline, sorc in the meantime runs up to the goalline and pulls the dude up ... score

and with the knockbacks and all its pretty hard to get that sorc down from there.

Then charging, grapling and the BH/Trooper pullshouldnt be allowed. or sprint. hell people should just stand still in a set up like foozball and just pass the ball only

i agree with sprint, charge and grapple are different matters imo since they require an ENEMY player within LOS.

if an enemy is stupid enough to stand near the goalline and give you a target for a charge, thats an L2P matter, force pull on the other hand just requires 2 people with coordination to completely bypass the firepits and the whole passing mechanic.

what ive seen happen a lot lately(aside from force speed abuse) is this:

people dont even bother to go up on the walkways anymore, they just jump in the pit below the enemy goalline, sorc in the meantime runs up to the goalline and pulls the dude up ... score

and with the knockbacks and all its pretty hard to get that sorc down from there.

Cuase this is huttball!!!!!!!!!!

Try to read it as football! (american football, not soccer)

U have to kill or stop all the people trying to go for your goal zone!!!!!!

In my opinion this is a l2p issue. Sorcerors are extremely squishy targets. Don't let them be in a position where they can pull people up.

There is always a risk in pulling someone. I had situations where i was perfectly fine but a team mate thought it would benefit me to pull me towards him which resulted me into ending up in a worse situation. You stil have knockbacks stuns snares interupts w/e. Even with a succesfull pull.

What could be a good idea is enforcing shared diminishing returns on friendly pulls. Meaning friendly pulls remove resolve and are not able to be used on a target with no resolve at all. In pvp enviroments anyway. This adds additional risk that a pull makes your target more susceptable to cc. So you really have to make sure you pull your carrier into a situation where there is nobody in reach to cc him. Which is unlikely since alot of classes can pull the target back down or force charge the target for punishment.

I actually like the mechanics in huttball now. You actually enviromental tactics which add so much more depth to the game.

Enemy/friendly pulls, Force charging, Knockbacks are all abilities capable of defending or assaulting and you can counter all of them. Alteast i as a marauder without knockbacks am able to do so.

Your logic is flawed.

The assumption you base your argumentations on, is not give to be true and from my point of view most likely false. And as you can prove anything starting from a falls assumption your whole argumentation is worthless until you tell me, why there should not be an easier way than passing, to make ground towards the goal.