The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Pulling a player with the huttball should not be allowed.

Skaarrj

Havaing a Sage/Sorc pull a teammate that has the huttball should NOT be allowed. This is what passing is for. With a pull you bypass:

1). The chance that you have a bad pass

2). That your Pass gets intercepted.

3). Quicker movement between 2 points than passing a ball

Pulling the huttball is way too easy to accomplish. Remove the ability to pull the player with the huttball

This is why you can pass the ball.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Like the previous poster stated, it is incredibly useful on defense as well as offense. I dont know how many times my buddies have saved the day by pulling someone off a ramp to the bottom of the grounds before they scored. I think it is a great ability and if used right is a much needed asset to any good huttball team.

So then a vanguard/Mirror class or shadow/assassin should not be able to pull me back into the fire or acid. Or even back to them if I am running the ball against them.

Doesn't matter. You got CC'd. Totally different story. What I'm talking completely bypasses any sort of skill at passing a huttball. Get the ball, get pulled. Cap. Pretty simple. No chance at a bad pass. No chance at an interception. And it's much faster.

Like the previous poster stated, it is incredibly useful on defense as well as offense. I dont know how many times my buddies have saved the day by pulling someone off a ramp to the bottom of the grounds before they scored. I think it is a great ability and if used right is a much needed asset to any good huttball team.

No.

This is why passing exists. What's going on completely makes passing a liability in the face of pulling.

To continue your thought:

- charging to a player with a ball should not be allowed - that is what walking is for.

- killing a player with a ball should not be allowed - that is what /say and good manners are for.

Pulling your team mate ball carrier out of a brawl is a great trick and should stay as it is.

P.S. Oh, by the way, to quote baron Deathmark: "Weapons, name calling and cheating is encouraged!".. or something like that.

Edited by SkyCats

Havaing a Sage/Sorc pull a teammate that has the huttball should NOT be allowed.

Pretty sure a sage/sorc pulling a teammate out of harm with their friendly pull ability is the very definition of "working as intended"

Sorry you/your team lost to a team that had better teamwork.

Sorry, it's called teamplay, and there's nothing wrong with it.

It makes moving with the huttball too easy. There's a reason you pass the ball. What's going on completely defys it. Why pass the ball when you can be pulled?

Why bother having the passing mechanic at all then?

Pretty sure a sage/sorc pulling a teammate out of harm with their friendly pull ability is the very definition of "working as intended"

Sorry you/your team lost to a team that had better teamwork.

No. Only the huttball carrier. Do you honestly not understand the situation? RE-read my post.

as if passing was hard. The radius has a size of a *********** planet. I've also seen enough pulling and forcing pushing ball-carriers into fire to know there is nothing wrong with an ability to pull them out. Either make ball-carrier immune to all push/pull/shove/WHATEVER and make them unable to jump, or ****.

To continue your thought:

- charging to a player with a ball should not be allowed - that is what walking is for.

- killing a player with a ball should not be allowed - that is what /say and good manners are for.

Pulling your team mate ball carrier out of a brawl is a great trick and should stay as it is.

Wrong.

Passing the huttball is a mechanic that is demanding of good judgemen and map awareness.

If you can just be pulled you immediately knock out the ability to make good or bad decisions upon passing a ball. It's also quicker.

But more impotantly, it completely elminates the possibility of an interception. THIS is not interesting or compelling gameplay. While I normally applaude the use of skills being used in creative manner, not when it has no risk.

THERE IS NOT RISK TO PULLING THE HUTTBALL CARRIER.

I don't understand is this ability limited to the team you are always against or something? Not sure how it's unfair if every team has the potential to use it.

It's unfair because there is no risk involved. No bad passing. No Interceptions. And is faster.

remember the rules of huttball.

there are no rules.

you need some defenders to not allow people in front of the ball carrier.

although i thought i did remember that in betas they said no movement enhancing abilities were allowed while carryin the ball. meaning force run or whatever.

Doesn't matter. You got CC'd. Totally different story. What I'm talking completely bypasses any sort of skill at passing a huttball. Get the ball, get pulled. Cap. Pretty simple. No chance at a bad pass. No chance at an interception. And it's much faster.

Roll a better server then. My server doesnt win them all but we at least are about 50/50, I have been pulled up top, used my force sprint to get almost to the end. Just to get pulled back by a GOOD player. Btw I rarely get stunned in fire because I have resilience and my stun break up I dont waist it on fights even if I die.

No. Only the huttball carrier. Do you honestly not understand the situation? RE-read my post.

I understand exactly what you're saying, I don't think you understand though.

With my first reply I was just hoping to save georg zoeller time, should he decide to ever reply to this thread, by giving him a post he could just quote and say "QFT" instead of having to explain to you all the various push pull mechanics of the game, and how huttball was designed knowing full well that it would be possible to pull a friendly player with the huttball out of harms way. And if a sage/sorc is pulling a friendly across the goal line, that means they're standing at the goal line themselves, which begs the question of how your team let that happen in the first place...

the answer is "outplayed"

I understand exactly what you're saying, I don't think you understand though.

With my first reply I was just hoping to save georg zoeller time, should he decide to ever reply to this thread, by giving him a post he could just quote and say "QFT" instead of having to explain to you all the various push pull mechanics of the game, and how huttball was designed knowing full well that it would be possible to pull a friendly player with the huttball out of harms way. And if a sage/sorc is pulling a friendly across the goal line, that means they're standing at the goal line themselves, which begs the question of how your team let that happen in the first place...

the answer is "outplayed"

Standing ovation.