So today, we had a party and it was fun

ZettaZonvolt

My friends and I have been playing off and on since launch, taking our time and enjoying the game with our busy schedules. Today we decided that we were gonna do some flashpoints and world bosses, get some social points and just have fun.

We started out in Black Talon, where we immediatly had the greatest personality clashes. One of us is a lightsided bounty hunter goody twoshoes, one of us is the most evil inquisitor ever (I swear, he farmed Dark Side points just to look more evil) and me, the sarcastic tank.

Every conversation with the NPC's ended up being a toss-up between kill everyone, save everyone and make onelines. It was hilarious. We kept debating everything during the cutscenes too which ended up being filled with comments about bleeding heart lightsiders and edgy darksiders.

When we came to the last boss, we decided to go for the ultimate humiliation. We had the Bounty Hunter's jawa fight the Padawan while we danced in the background. The padawan never stood a chance against the level 45 Jawa. This Jawa would later prove to be capable of taking Hammer Station's comet gun to the face. Strongest Jawa in the universe? I bloody well think so!

We also went around doing world bosses on Dromund Kaas and Balmora for kicks and gear. It was fun, challenging and we even got an audience near the end. We sort of felt like heroes to the new players when we took down The First.

In short, we had fun. In the end, that's what it's about.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Come back when you're 50, after 100000x lines of dialogue you don't even want to hear anymore for kill x amounts of mobs in place x like the other 900 quests before it.

There will be more threads like this. Right now there's about 4 people trolling the forums, posting in every thread, about how much they don't like the game.

I know, they're pathetic.

No, blind fanboys are pathetic.

You have to be in series self-denial (or just low level) not to realize the game is just another EA blatant money grab operation, where hype and bribing game reviewers is just business as usual.

Swtor has extremely short lifespan per player. There is zero end-game, and the game is just choke full of design choices that contribute to it. The game needs like 50% overhaul in several critical areas to make end game have a lifespan... and that's just not gonna happen.

Edited by wixxkruppel

Come back when you're 50, after 100000x lines of dialogue you don't even want to hear anymore for kill x amounts of mobs in place x like the other 900 quests before this one.

You need to take a different class then. I love the cutscenes because the Sith Warrior has a wonderful voice.

Come back when you're 50, after 100000x lines of dialogue you don't even want to hear anymore for kill x amounts of mobs in place x like the other 900 quests before it.

No, blind fanboys are pathetic.

You have to be in series self-denial (or just low level) not to realize the game is just another EA blatant money grab operation, where hype and bribing game reviewers is just business as usual.

Swtor has extremely short lifespan per player. There is zero end-game, and the game is just choke full of design choices that contribute to it.

Who cares?

If I'm having fun, I'm having fun. Everyone has fun in different ways. If you don't like TOR, then maybe it just doesn't suit you? That happens. Wouldn't be the first time I bought a game that I thought would be awesome and it turned out it wasn't my thing.

Edited by ZettaZonvolt

You need to take a different class then. I love the cutscenes because the Sith Warrior has a wonderful voice.

You mean the class quests that are literally no different from the shared ones (that amount to 97% of the quests in this game)?

Also, I'm playing imperial agent, which probably has one of the best storylines, and the best female voice.

Thing is... "best storyline" equals maybe 1 hour of content total, and even then it completely pales in comparison to even the worst single player RPGs.

I'm not saying swtor is a bad game, I'm just saying it's average at best, and it WILL NOT maintain long active subs, thanks to design choices that were clearly meant just to keep casuals in the game for 4-6 months. I mean really, the game won't even have server forums, that's about all you need to know to draw a conclusion.

It's like paying 60$ for a bad single player RPG, but to add insult to injury, you have to keep paying if you want to play it.

Edited by wixxkruppel

You mean the class quests that are literally no different from the shared ones (that amount to 97% of the quests in this game)?

Also, I'm playing imperial agent, which probably has one of the best storylines, and the best female voice.

Thing is... "best storyline" equals maybe 1 hour of content total, and even then it completely pales in comparison to even the worst single player RPGs.

I'm not saying swtor is a bad game, I'm just saying it's average at best, and it WILL NOT maintain long active subs.

And how is that your problem?

You paid the cash, got one month free and if you'll look at your play time, you probably got as much entertainment as your average AAA title nowadays, but probably more. How does it affect you if this game succeeds or not? Just have some fun.

The only people who should worry about that are Bioware and EA, not the fanbase.

And how is that your problem?

You paid the cash, got one month free and if you'll look at your play time, you probably got as much entertainment as your average AAA title nowadays, but probably more.

Because I bought a game advertised as MMO, not a bad single player grind fest.

If you buy this game with the intent of playing it for one month of bad pve grind in a completely hollow and lifeless world, sure, you probably got your money's worth.

Anyone who bought the game expecting it to be an MMO = duped.

Edited by wixxkruppel

Swtor has extremely short lifespan per player. There is zero end-game, and the game is just choke full of design choices that contribute to it. The game needs like 50% overhaul in several critical areas to make end game have a lifespan... and that's just not gonna happen.

So it's like every other MMO at launch? Can't believe that the best this game can do is have WoW's "short lifespan". Disappoint.

Because I bought a game advertised as MMO, not a bad single player grind fest.

And you got an MMORPG.

You're playing a role in a universe: RPG

You can see people around you, interact with them, form guilds, etc.: MMO

You got what was advertised. If you don't like the single player parts, well, maybe an MMO with more forced grouping is your thing? Like FFXI?

So it's like every other MMO at launch?

Again, you must be a low level.

There are such fundamental design problems in this game, that revising them is probably impossible.

Those fundamental design problems = it doesn't matter how much lifeless and hollow content bw pumps out, it's all irrelevant.

I just lol at the interview where some bw employee said this game will last 20 years and they'll do 500 planets (yeah... maybe 500 HUUUGE planets with zero IQ mobs dotted around like trees, maybe even by a random generator).

Design problems I'm talking about:

- pve = completely meaningless (and extremely boring and far... far too easy)

- pvp = ultra carebear mode engaged, almost 100% gear based, world pvp is dead thanks to bw, list goes on and on...

- crafting = completely meaningless

I've been level 50 for less than a week, and the only thing for me to do anymore is to go pve swap daily in Ilum and win 3 warzones.

... that's it.

Now you'll say... add more warzones? Yeah, so instead of grinding 3 wins in warzones in 3 different warzones, I'll be able to do it in six different warzones. Awesome.

That will definitely keep people subbed for 1 year.

To add insult to injury, I stopped pve at Belsavis (thanks massive over xp and zero reason to go to Voss/Corellia). The one and only reason I have to even considering going to Voss and Corellia is to finish my class story quest line, which will probably be done under 2 hours (and 70% of that time will be travel times).

... however, I'm not exactly inclined, because the story is just lol, the lifeless and bland world completely kills any and all immersion. And I know the actual content of said class quests will be "go to place x which will take you 10 minutes, kill generic trash x for 1 minute, travel back to origin x, which will take another 10 minutes".

Edited by wixxkruppel

My friends and I have been playing off and on since launch, taking our time and enjoying the game with our busy schedules. Today we decided that we were gonna do some flashpoints and world bosses, get some social points and just have fun.

We started out in Black Talon, where we immediatly had the greatest personality clashes. One of us is a lightsided bounty hunter goody twoshoes, one of us is the most evil inquisitor ever (I swear, he farmed Dark Side points just to look more evil) and me, the sarcastic tank.

Every conversation with the NPC's ended up being a toss-up between kill everyone, save everyone and make onelines. It was hilarious. We kept debating everything during the cutscenes too which ended up being filled with comments about bleeding heart lightsiders and edgy darksiders.

When we came to the last boss, we decided to go for the ultimate humiliation. We had the Bounty Hunter's jawa fight the Padawan while we danced in the background. The padawan never stood a chance against the level 45 Jawa. This Jawa would later prove to be capable of taking Hammer Station's comet gun to the face. Strongest Jawa in the universe? I bloody well think so!

We also went around doing world bosses on Dromund Kaas and Balmora for kicks and gear. It was fun, challenging and we even got an audience near the end. We sort of felt like heroes to the new players when we took down The First.

In short, we had fun. In the end, that's what it's about.

You sir, are exactly what Bioware needs right now. Positive feedback. Now if we could just get people to be calm when they post there dislikes.

Again, you must be a low level.

Or maybe, I've been in enough MMO launches to know that they never have comprehensive end-game content till several months after launch, and therefore, didn't build up a false expectation in my mind of what the game would be like.....Nope. That couldn't possibly be it.

Nope. That couldn't possibly be it.

Yep, it's not that. It's just your inability to grasp the issue at hand.

I honestly feel like playing Aion again, even though it was ravaged by incompetent staff, it's still vastly superior to swtor as an MMO.

Edited by wixxkruppel