if you could recast anikan skywalker right now

JoshuaSmith

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

James Callis - I know many of you may not know who he is, but he played Dr. Gaius Baltar on Battlestar Galactica. No one portrays such rage that Anakin was trying to do as well as James Callis. Plus the two characters were very similar. They had a heart in the right place, but they were obsessed with power.

That guy who played Starkiller from the Force Unleashed. He would have made a good Anakin.

Hah, I actually could really see that working.

Personally, though, I'd have went with a larger guy. Darth Vader was pretty intimidating, and quite a lot taller than most folks, so maybe someone like Chris Hemsworth (aka Thor).

• 2 months later...
This.

Christensen wasn't the problem. Nor was Portman. I felt so embarrassed for those two when I saw the prequels. The problem was the direction, and the truly horrible scripts, piled on top of everything being green screen.

With the original movies, even though most of the talent was far from top notch, at least they had sets to work in that created the environment for them to act in.

Wholeheartedly agree. Jeez, think of the stupid lines they had to spew in Attack of the Clones. Holy mother of meat was that awful.

Who would you cast?

A lot of people think Hayden Christensen was not good for the role.

So my question is,Who would you cast?

My personal vote would be: Chris Pine

idk though, there could be others that would be much better, who do you think?????

The problem was not Hayden Christensens acting. The problem was how Lucas wrote the part and how he was instructed to act the part out. Don't blame the actors and actresses for a poorly written script. Blame the sell out Lucas

Jeff Bridges, reprising an earlier role he did. The prequels would require title changes:

I. The Fascist Menace

II. Attack of the Nihilists

III. Revenge of the Jesus

Bonus points if we could also properly cast Obi-Walter Sobchak and Maude Amidala.

I could abide with that. bout would he Roll on shabbos?

I liked the PT movies and took them as they are . Thats life and things are changed for better or worse . I wouldn't ask for them to be redone .

I am a OT fan more than PT but EP.3 fight will always be my favorite fight in SW , not to mention EP2 when Anakin scenes with Padme and the other with the Sandpeople were good scenes.

George Lucas made StarWars and he does tend to go back and change things because like most artist find issues later with their master pieces and wish to make them better.

I am happy with PT movies and thought the casting was good.

Jeff Bridges, reprising an earlier role he did. The prequels would require title changes:

I. The Fascist Menace

II. Attack of the Nihilists

III. Revenge of the Jesus

Bonus points if we could also properly cast Obi-Walter Sobchak and Maude Amidala.

Theres to much aggression in those movies... and it just won't stand.

Hah, I actually could really see that working.

Personally, though, I'd have went with a larger guy. Darth Vader was pretty intimidating, and quite a lot taller than most folks, so maybe someone like Chris Hemsworth (aka Thor).

No.. in Thor his sounded Fake... the thing is, I think its his actual voice :/

At this point they should just re-make all the movies... but heres my 2 cents

anikin was fine as is.... but

before you say why is he not in more movies now then.... most the original cast of starwars no longer are as well. the only popular actor turned out to be harison ford. mark hamell works doing cartoon vocies but thats about it.

all in all i like that starwars for the most part has used unknowns for lead roles. im just hoping they make the books (hier to the empire) by timmothy zaun into movies next