Chat bubbles above your head when you talk

skaidar

For some reason this is one of the issues that Bioware does not answer any time that it's brought up. It's been being requested since before launch and they simply will not answer the question.

The only response that I've seen in any post that had chat bubbles mentioned was that they are working on more important things right now.

Pretty sure it's not that no one cares, but rather there are already numerous topics about chat bubbles on the forums. The devs have finally given us forum search back...use it. Oh, my personal opinion...chat bubbles are pointless. Edited by Lavargian

My credits are on the game engine not being able to handle it. It's such a useful tool to see who's talking local to you.

I don't know about the engines limitations, but bubbles or some sort of color coded chat text are REQUIRED for efficient multi-player communications. It's far and away my biggest beef with the game.

I am a roleplayer and I havent used chat bubbles for 5 years O.o

But role playing is all about being able to understand what the others are saying and doing?

You wont be able to do so unless you look at a chat box that makes role playing look dumb.

Plus speaking to more than 1 person is impossible since you have others gagging in the same chat box... Making the conversation more difficult is not very smart .

I dare to compare the chat box vs not using chat bubbles.

Where talking to a deaf/blind person in the store with no ability to communicate except through a blinking poster with sentences and words popping up. And in the far back some one is trying to say something to you but since you cant hear him you are unaware of the person in the back

While chat bubble gives you a whole new color full lifting to the environment, discussions and all other feelings surrounding the people around you.

Finally i dont think you text some one that stands next to you? You talk to him

Edited by Jujjan

Well I had to write it all in the title so it can actually get any attention because it seems this is no problem at all to anyone...

Are we going to get the famous chat bubbles anytime soon?

This is not WoW. Chat bubbles ruins the community.

This is not WoW. Chat bubbles ruins the community.

where not saying make wow please, this feature is in a lot of MMO's, i use this feature not because of wow because i just use, and why does it ruin community's? seems it is an community enhancement

where not saying make wow please, this feature is in a lot of MMO's, i use this feature not because of wow because i just use, and why does it ruin community's? seems it is an community enhancement

Read the anti LFG tool thread for valid arguments against anything that comes from WoW.

But role playing is all about being able to understand what the others are saying and doing?

You wont be able to do so unless you look at a chat box that makes role playing look dumb.

Plus speaking to more than 1 person is impossible since you have others gagging in the same chat box... Making the conversation more difficult is not very smart .

I dare to compare the chat box vs not using chat bubbles.

Where talking to a deaf/blind person in the store with no ability to communicate except through a blinking poster with sentences and words popping up. And in the far back some one is trying to say something to you but since you cant hear him you are unaware of the person in the back

While chat bubble gives you a whole new color full lifting to the environment, discussions and all other feelings surrounding the people around you.

Finally i dont think you text some one that stands next to you? You talk to him

I'm not a role player but I was curious since your into getting in character, how do you talk to the rest of your Guild without using the RP breaking chat box? or do you only use it in certain places like your ship or in town where there could ostensibly be some kind of intergalactic Skype terminal.

IF I was a role player I would rationalise the chat box use as an I/O from my earpiece where I could mentally send messages and review conversations and hook into various comms Channels - very similar to the Neal Asher Grid-linked concept

Well I had to write it all in the title so it can actually get any attention because it seems this is no problem at all to anyone...

Are we going to get the famous chat bubbles anytime soon?

I've never understood why folks like these things. I've always turned them off in any game that had them.