Let them win???

Solomace

Okay peeps, having played WoW for a long time, I remember when this saying became prevalent and that was when they changed BG's to just a way to farm points for gear.

Already I am now hearing people say "let them win", so they can get start again.

My problem with this is that I like to PVP for fun. I want to win and I want gear, but primary PVP kililng is the part I love the best.

So what am I missing then? Why do people PVP but want matches to finish quick if they are losing? I think some people have forgotten what PVP is really about and that's fighting another player!

Okay, I know some of you will say PVP means different things to different people and that some just want to win, well guess what, just leave the warzone if your not happy.

Please don't start the WoW routine of PVP is simply to get gear and if your not happy you want others to just type /sit so the next game starts.

One note to those like this, have you never grasped victory from the jaws of defeat? I have played a few warzones now where it looked like we had lost easily and we have come back to win. It's a great feeling I think some people never have experienced.

Okay rant off. Sorry.

As the above poster mentioned, they can just leave.

In addition, even if you lose a game, if you played well, got a lot of medals, mvp votes or just tried really hard as a team but it didn't work out (losing in the last minute, almost making it to the core , 6-5 score etc.. ) will still net you a lot more rewards than just "letting them win".

Let them win faqs can go back to wow ;)

As the above poster mentioned, they can just leave.

In addition, even if you lose a game, if you played well, got a lot of medals, mvp votes or just tried really hard as a team but it didn't work out (losing in the last minute, almost making it to the core , 6-5 score etc.. ) will still net you a lot more rewards than just "letting them win".

Let them win faqs can go back to wow ;)

Unless you are a healer, and then you get jack.

Yep just let them get annoyed and leave.

If I'm on the losing team in WZ's I just go grind some medals so its not a waste of my time.

The 1 exception is when some glitcher kept working people when we were 5 - 0 down so I just force pushed him over the line and stopped their farming.

My problem with this is that I like to PVP for fun. I want to win and I want gear, but primary PVP kililng is the part I love the best.

And its players like you that progressively ruin objective-based PvP, leading the players overtime to just start giving up when they see people fighting and ramboing away from the doors, away from the turrets and nowhere near the ball carrier/positioning to receive a pass.

That is all.

Yep just had a warzone with peeps saying this...."let them win....its been over since the first door was taken down"

This is why republic on Krayt Dragon is loosing so bad. This mentality to let imps win so we can get in another WZ and....well loose again?

Guess I dont get it.

Im lvl 30 and was also told the other day that I am hurting my team by pvping at my lvl, yet I dont see alot of the 50s pulling their own weight. As a Sent I rank in the mid to top of the damage ratings and still get some decent objectives.

Not sure where this let them win mentality came from...my guess wow. UO, DAOC, etc didnt have that kind of mentality, at least on the servers I was on.

You get zerged, you keep fighting.

They can cry let them win all they want, I won't go out without a fight. I did that much tot he chagrin of a few people on WoW as well. Fight a ton of horde holding a node, just to listen tot eh one pansy crying let them win. I don't roll over for people.

/rant on

this "let them win" mentality is crap. It is why i keep seeing so many people going AFK or just sitting in a corner using pvp as a chat room rather than fighting and contributing to the objective. something should be done to discourage this kind of behavior because reporting them does nothing.

throwing matches just to start another faster make pvp pointless. I should be able to accept quests in pve and fail them repeatedly for exp. sounds stupid right? then why can the same be done for pvp. I have seen many times 2-3 people comming in with 0 accross the board and they spent the entire match in the corner with nothing to stop them besides people from our side leading imps to them to be killed.

/rant off

Okay peeps, having played WoW for a long time, I remember when this saying became prevalent and that was when they changed BG's to just a way to farm points for gear.

Already I am now hearing people say "let them win", so they can get start again.

So what am I missing then? Why do people PVP but want matches to finish quick if they are losing? I think some people have forgotten what PVP is really about and that's fighting another player!

Okay, I know some of you will say PVP means different things to different people and that some just want to win, well guess what, just leave the warzone if your not happy.

Please don't start the WoW routine of PVP is simply to get gear and if your not happy you want others to just type /sit so the next game starts.

One note to those like this, have you never grasped victory from the jaws of defeat? I have played a few warzones now where it looked like we had lost easily and we have come back to win. It's a great feeling I think some people never have experienced.

Okay rant off. Sorry.

There are two different types of losing.

1, Losing, while standing a fighting chance, you can turn it around, you can score, you can kill people.

2, Losing against face rolling level 50s that takes 5 of you to kill, where you have no hope in hell.

When in game 2, you might as well let them win and hope that the next queue has more level 50s on your team so you can play a game of 1.

1, Losing, while standing a fighting chance, you can turn it around, you can score, you can kill people.

2, Losing against face rolling level 50s that takes 5 of you to kill, where you have no hope in hell.

When in game 2, you might as well let them win and hope that the next queue has more level 50s on your team so you can play a game of 1.

That's right. I don't believe in letting my character get farmed just to feed someone else rewards. Being on a team with mostly 20s, or less, isn't going to beat a team of mostly 50s, no matter how hard they try.

That said, I don't give up until it's for sure over...likely in a Voidstar. Though I was in a pug with one 50 yesterday that beat a team of 50's in voidstar, 4 of which are a known premade.

They ran through us fairly quickly, but they got lazy on the first door, and since no one could kill any of them, they got left behind, and we beat their time by 40s. I wish I could have seen their ops chat.

Edited by Hambunctious

Couldn't disagree more. In the second case it is where you learn the most. How to survive longer, how to impact them how to become better. You might die 10 more times but who cares.

I always learn more and develop new strategies when I am outmatched. When I am even or higher it is relatively easy to succeed so you don't push yourself and don't improve as much. Going at those stacked 50s is the best training you can get.

I always try, no matter how OP geared the opposition is. I have seen plenty of situations turn around despite the disadavantage. Also, winning isn't my only source of fun in PvP. If it is, it's on a more philosofical lv then just 'on paper'. If I figure out a new tactic for me to work with, if I discover how enemies' skills work even in more detail or even if I make friends in the actual match because we both enjoy trying to make things work out (despite if that actually happens).

Remember, if winning is the only way you're able to have fun, then someone will always be frustrated since we can't all "win". Not sure how you guys think about, but that would sure make me feel like a selfish jerk. So if you're hellbend on being like this that's fine, but understand that I will put early leavers like that on my ignore list. After all, I'd rather not team up with someone like that for anything else seeing as you can't depend on them.

Couldn't disagree more. In the second case it is where you learn the most. How to survive longer, how to impact them how to become better. You might die 10 more times but who cares.

I always learn more and develop new strategies when I am outmatched. When I am even or higher it is relatively easy to succeed so you don't push yourself and don't improve as much. Going at those stacked 50s is the best training you can get.

Are you serious? What strategy can you possibly have to counter the lowbies on your team that run out 1 by 1 to get killed in 2s flat over, and over again?

Here's a hint, you can't do anything alone at under 50, and even if you are a 50, you can't beat several other 50s alone. Annoy, and harrass them maybe, but if you can't stealth, all you're doing is feeding them medals.

The only time that should ever be said is if you're below half the other team's score in Alderaan and they're winning 2 nodes to 1 still... or it's Huttball with 5 to 0 and 2 minutes left... or Voidstar where you blew down 0 doors and they blew down 1 after.

Otherwise, the people who say that are ignorant of the "Leave Warzone" feature.

Edited by Knifewrench

And its players like you that progressively ruin objective-based PvP, leading the players overtime to just start giving up when they see people fighting and ramboing away from the doors, away from the turrets and nowhere near the ball carrier/positioning to receive a pass.

That is all.

How do I ruin it?

Please do give me the insight?

As I said, I want to win, I want gear, but I also want to kill people. Nothing in my original statement suggests I don't participate in objective based PVP. In fact I think from my post you can sumise that I don't want people to give up and just either sit or just spam chat with their just leave speech or even worse, the insults.

I think you have misunderstood and from the replies, it seems I'm not the only one to get pi$$ed off on those who just play to farm gear, wins and HKs.

I could misunderstand your post and say my original post was directed at people like you...

How do I ruin it?

Please do give me the insight?

As I said, I want to win, I want gear, but I also want to kill people. Nothing in my original statement suggests I don't participate in objective based PVP. In fact I think from my post you can sumise that I don't want people to give up and just either sit or just spam chat with their just leave speech or even worse, the insults.

I think you have misunderstood and from the replies, it seems I'm not the only one to get pi$$ed off on those who just play to farm gear, wins and HKs.

I could misunderstand your post and say my original post was directed at people like you...

It depends if you are contributing to the objective at hand. If you are running away from the objective, and you're pulling several people with you as a diversion so they can't do their jobs, then you are doing your job correctly. It's just up to your teammates to pick up the pieces there which they might or might not do and that's their fault.

Edited by Knifewrench

Im going to play the devils advocate here and say...

Because the PvP in SWTOR is broken I would say Let them just win and let's move on.

I say broken because you can win 10 matches and get credit for 2 wins. This leads to much frustration when wanting to do your daily and roll the dice on a gear piece in your bag or crate.

In Huttball.. If an opponent got to 5 points and then just started farming the opponent... which I have been a part of, I would just say let them win, but lets try to get some points for comendations.

On the Voidstar, if you are the Attacker and fail to get past the first door, then the opponent rolls past their first door. I would say "let them win and let's move on to another match.

You will have already lost and nothing much will be gained other then losing time for a repop of a next chance to win in a WZ.

In Alderaan... I would never give up, but there is that point where even a 3 cap will never catch up...yet I would still fight for comendations and points.

It depends if you are contributing to the objective at hand. If you are running away from the objective, and you're pulling several people with you as a diversion so they can't do their jobs, then you are doing your job correctly. It's just up to your teammates to pick up the pieces there which they might or might not do and that's their fault.

I agree, but surely if I am making a post about people asking the Warzone to just let them win, them surely it must mean I do participate helping the team win. Otherwise someone asking others to "throw the match" when losing, wouldn't matter to me at all as all I am doing is HK killing and I am in there just for myself? That's how I read the post.

Ok, maybe I am reading too much into it so I will say for the recored that I do particpate, I use the map to see where people are on the objectives and I try to keep people alive so the "team can win".

The only thing I fail at is Huttball and this is because I still find passing the ball not instinctive...:o

Yes, SWTOR PVP is all about fun.

With ilum empty and empire (my side) overcrowded, SWTOR pvp for me means only huttball...

Reasons i love huttball.

1) After getting cc'ed by 10 sec and my resolve bar getting full, i make a step forward with resolve maxed, and im getting cc'ed for another full 10 sec. So annoyed that they havent fixed this bug yet... I know it hard to notice it since operative needs only 4 sec to kill u whiled stuned.

2) I charge to a player that stands behind that wind crap , i get blown away and i land on a "different" dimension where i cant attack or be attacked, until i charge an enemy again to get unstuck.

3) I use Ravage on ppl, only to notice that id doesnt do dmg or triger the cd, but does only the stupid animation which CANNOT be canceled for some reason. Or i force choke ppl and while the spell bugs and doesnt cc them, i cc myself only...tahts the most fun.

4) i play almost a full warzone game, scoring some goals too and when its about to finish, u get a dc, or stuck through textures or missing once the troll door and getting kicked cause of innactivity....wasting 15min of your life without any reward.

5) Finaly, i get to enemy line to score, but that seems impossible, cause some enemy ********, wil pull u to his spawn area and get instant death without score. What a nice game mechanic.

6) Most ppl agree that as melee, huttball is the worst possible warzone ever, but seems its the only SWTOR PVP out there.

I quited allready pve cause of the over 9000 bugs.

I only "stay" till tuesday to see what is gonna get fixed. If the situation remains the same, then there is only 1 thing left to say. Blizzard hurry up with diablo 3 or next wow expansion.

Because the PvP in SWTOR is broken I would say Let them just win and let's move on.

I say broken because you can win 10 matches and get credit for 2 wins. This leads to much frustration when wanting to do your daily and roll the dice on a gear piece in your bag or crate.

In Huttball.. If an opponent got to 5 points and then just started farming the opponent... which I have been a part of, I would just say let them win, but lets try to get some points for comendations.

On the Voidstar, if you are the Attacker and fail to get past the first door, then the opponent rolls past their first door. I would say "let them win and let's move on to another match.

You will have already lost and nothing much will be gained other then losing time for a repop of a next chance to win in a WZ.

In Alderaan... I would never give up, but there is that point where even a 3 cap will never catch up...yet I would still fight for comendations and points.

Well your not exactly playing devils advocate, your coming right out and saying "let them win" ;)

Yes, I agree that PVP is not as fun as it should/could be (roll on patch), still both sides have just as much chance of winning/losing as the PVP situation effects all.

So nope, cannot agree that saying "let them win" still has a place in TOR.

When the patches come in, people will still be saying "let them win" simply because they give up too easily or are not happy because either the team they are playing are good or the team they are on are crap.

All I am really saying is that if your not happy with the team your on, the go or even better, take charge. That's one thing lacking so far is leaders.

I loved WoW and don't have a lot of the hangups others do when comparing games, but some of the best BG wins I had there were when someone myself included, took charge and directed people. Shesh, we even one a lot of ABs because of this...:)

Don't give up!

Actually there is NO point in Alderaan that a 3 cap will not fix ;)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.