This is an OUTRAGE!!

Jocken

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First. You're comparing a country's capitol city to Phoenix.

Second. A dozen eggs does not cost £5.28 anywhere in England. I can get a dozen eggs for about £2.

Third. Regarding OP...suck it up. Your lack of understanding of taxes, zonal server costs, and your tirade against the smallest of indifference does not mean people are ripping you off. If I buy Lucky Charms here in England it's going to cost me about £6 per box minimum, compared to what...$2 in America. Know why? It's an import. So is TOR. They have to cover costs of shipping etc. You like half of these whiners on the forums have a total feeling of self entitlement that is totally bewildering. Do you think they are making TOR just for you to have fun? No. They want to make money. To make money you have to cover your costs.

i wish lucky charms only cost 2$ here in my area for a 16 oz box it cost's 5.89 ,i know my kids eat that stuff like it's going out of style then they complain that's there's not enough marsh-mellows because they have picked the box clean of them.

Everyone who *****es about EU having downtime when on the East Coast it's 3AM needs to grow up. It's an American made game, which would mean developers would cater to where they're from first, and once there is a larger player-base, they would be able to help out the EU servers.

How often do you see Aussies ************ about downtime? They're probably screwed out of primetime more than you are.

I would of thought that they catered to where the servers are. rather then where the game was made.

But if you think like that, USA was "created" by the EU. So you should cater to that?

i wish lucky charms only cost 2$ here in my area for a 16 oz box it cost's 5.89 ,i know my kids eat that stuff like it's going out of style then they complain that's there's not enough marsh-mellows because they have picked the box clean of them.

Get the Malt-o-meal version. More cereal, costs less

First. You're comparing a country's capitol city to Phoenix.

Second. A dozen eggs does not cost £5.28 anywhere in England. I can get a dozen eggs for about £2.

Third. Regarding OP...suck it up. Your lack of understanding of taxes, zonal server costs, and your tirade against the smallest of indifference does not mean people are ripping you off. If I buy Lucky Charms here in England it's going to cost me about £6 per box minimum, compared to what...$2 in America. Know why? It's an import. So is TOR. They have to cover costs of shipping etc. You like half of these whiners on the forums have a total feeling of self entitlement that is totally bewildering. Do you think they are making TOR just for you to have fun? No. They want to make money. To make money you have to cover your costs.

you need to learn to tell the Difference between $ and £. the First means pounds, the second dollars.

And your fail argument of "shipping" what do they have to ship?

Alot of people brought the digital Download. which you dont have to pay shipping on.

and the hardcopy you buy from a store in the UK wasnt Shipped from the usa, it was prolly made in the eu.

Get the Malt-o-meal version. More cereal, costs less

i tried that once there swore up and down about how they could taste the difference LOL then a friend of mine gave me the suggestion keep a old lucky charms box and pour the malt o meal in it ,funny they never noticed the difference after that, i think the malt o meal tastes better myself. Still have to get a box of the Lucky charms once in awhile thou when the old one starts looking like it's falling apart lol.

I do not know if the EU players knows this or any other player for that matter. I did some calculation and I found out something so very disturbing and annoying that it irks me incredibly.

Gametime....

Americans 14.95 dollars

Europeans 14.95 euro

14.95 euro is NOT 19.95 dollars, its actually 19.026 dollars.

You mean 14.95

So we are actually paying somewhere between 20-25% more for gametime than the americans. does this by any means sound fair?

No.., same on steam..

14.95 dollars is 104 swedish krona and last I checked the price subtrakted from my account will be 119 swedish krona, thats 12 percept more I pay than the price actually is.

If you would look a bit into things before you start anything..., the banks take a fee for your transaction..., so yes you pay more, even when you pay in U.S. dollars..

Id say for BW and EA to start showing the prices for what they are, not claim it is 14.95 dollars or whatever they claim but show the prices in the currency they are actually charding so that the person buying actually knows the cost of the subscription BEFORE they buy the game.

It is stated clearly on all pages relating to the subscription..

So yes it is unfair, also the downtime..., they should shift between US and EU times so both the US ppl and EU ppl have downtime.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the price of 1 month is... and I quote from here

•1 Month Subscription: $14.99 (£8.99/€12.99)

So in the UK, 1 month is £8.99 or $14.09

In the Single Currency Euro zone its €12.99 or $17.19 (It would look better if the Euro wasn't so weak at the moment)

So basically, your not paying the €14.99 to EA as you claim. You may however be paying an oversea's transaction fee and other charges from your bank/card issuer. Thats hardly EA's problem, you could always just buy game cards ;)

What about moving to Greece?

I seen on Sky they don't pay their taxes so its probably cheaper there :)

i wonder if that will continue after this weeks 120 Billion euro-bung to them, I suspect we have just poured 1000 x the cost of this game down some greek drain. No offence to any greeks here btw, just to our politicians in general <3

also, no currency conversion loss.

This right here is the biggest reason. Currency fluctuates and seeing as how Bioware is based in the US is sets its rates to allow for a profit to be made in the time periods where other currencies are traded at a better rate against the dollar. They give themselves a buffer, they make a little extra when other currencies don't trade as well and lose a bit of that margin when they do trade better. Its basically an average.

An outrage indeed, the sky is falling!

I also pay more for certain things abroad than I do in The Netherlands, and vice versa. THE HORROR!

What's your next complaint? That coke is cheaper in dollars? That electronics is cheaper in dollars?

in the beginning there was a big price difference @ Security Key,

In USA $4.00

and when i had to pay; €12.99 (no sign why it cost a lot more, but they did change it to "Shipping Fee")

€10.50 shipping fee for a small product like that. [delivered after 26 "work days" (count 5 days per week)]

i think it ain't hard to find a cheaper way?

Europeans Gaming nations (Germany, France, UK, Scandinavia) have higher standards of living than most US citizens.

Thus we are still paying less money, relatively speaking.

Please don't talk about things you obviously know nothing about. US has the highest standard of living, the highest GDP per person than anywhere else in the world.