Where is everyone ?

Zeemah

Is it just my server, its like a ghost town chat is dead couple peaple here and there. No one responds when you try to find group for flash points and its Saturday night. Feels like a dead game already at least on my server.:(

Not sure what server you're on but that one I am on i see between 50-125ppl on the planets I play on.

I find this a little strange as well to be honest. According to BioWare there are "100's of servers". Let's assume there are 200 servers. I don't actually know, because I honestly never bothered counting, but let's pretend there are exactly 200 servers.

1,000,000 people divided by 200 servers = 5,000 people per server.

That's assuming exactly 1,000,000 active subs and an exactly dispersed population. Me thinks that BioWare has made way too many damn servers. I rarely see people out and about. Which would be normal, if I was playing WoW. But this is a brand new MMO. I should see people all over the low to mid game areas. I'm not.

I think instancing and the massive disparity of population control that BioWare has instituted is exacerbating the "online single player" feeling that SWTOR is giving many players. Their fear of overcrowded laggy launch servers prompted a knee jerk reaction to over compensate and now people feel isolated instead of immersed in a community.

Edited by Gankstah

I was on Balmorra today and there was 115 ppl at most. General was non-stop

Not sure what server you're on but that one I am on i see between 50-125ppl on the planets I play on.

Perhaps they need to consolidate servers now?

I think it's time. If the servers can hold the amount of numbers I've been hearing, there is no reason for empty servers.

But I think it just might be Republic that's having big issues. I made a Trooper alt earlier today and there was 30 people on Ord Mantel, when I hit 10 and went to the space station there was 60. Logged on to my Marauder and there was 95 people in Taris and when I went to my space station there was almost 200.

Take some servers with a higher Republic population and add them into ones with a very small Republic population. As long as they stay away from adding to the highest population servers it will be a good move.

Part of the problem is how huge zones are. Even if you have 150 people in a zone before instancing they are going to be spread out through out this huge *** area. On places like Ilum there are around only 10-20 people on at a time which usually means seeing another person is rare. Its not sharding its the size of zones that makes the world seem empty.

I think it's time. If the servers can hold the amount of numbers I've been hearing, there is no reason for empty servers.

But I think it just might be Republic that's having big issues. I made a Trooper alt earlier today and there was 30 people on Ord Mantel, when I hit 10 and went to the space station there was 60. Logged on to my Marauder and there was 95 people in Taris and when I went to my space station there was almost 200.

Take some servers with a higher Republic population and add them into ones with a very small Republic population. As long as they stay away from adding to the highest population servers it will be a good move.

I'm on Anchorhead and see the same thing.

At any given time there are two instances in Imperial Fleet. One orange (heavily populated) and one with 130+ people in it. I swap over to Republic and only one instance with maybe 100+ people in it. And the difference between the two AH's is astronomical. Imperial economy is leaps and bounds ahead of the Republic economy.

I'm on Anchorhead and see the same thing.

At any given time there are two instances in Imperial Fleet. One orange (heavily populated) and one with 130+ people in it. I swap over to Republic and only one instance with maybe 100+ people in it. And the difference between the two AH's is astronomical. Imperial economy is leaps and bounds ahead of the Republic economy.

I've never seen imperial fleet instanced even with 200 players.

Actually it's not a mystery.

- 350,000 concurrent users at PEAK (referenced many times).

- 250 servers (server status page).

- 1400 people per server AT MOST during PEAK.

- 2 factions, 700 per faction average (less on republic for sure).

- 20 planets including fleet.

= 35 average people per planet. Of course you will see higher numbers on fleet vs quesh but the average of 35 people per shard seems about right.

There are way too many servers, planets are way too huge, this game feels empty. It's also funny that most servers are listed as heavy which means the caps on them are very very small.

A few things to remember:

1. There are many different instances per planet. (Area)

2. General chat within that area posts across all instances within that area.

3. A lot of people are guild questing and have enough friends on to get something going or to help someone else on their FP's, side quests and Heroics.

I do agree though. There needs to be a smarter way to go balancing instances so they stay populated and balanced at the same time. What's worse, waiting in line for an item within a quest area or waiting around to get enough people to play that area? There has to be some sort of way. Even if it means merging servers and instances temporarily. Nothing worse than an empty Shard.

Edited by Zandog

Is it just my server, its like a ghost town chat is dead couple peaple here and there. No one responds when you try to find group for flash points and its Saturday night. Feels like a dead game already at least on my server.:(

Republic Fleet is really the only place I ever reliably see other players after about level 30.

I play Republic on an Empire-imbalanced server.

Our server population is almost always full. The lowest population I have ever seen on it is Standard. But there is a vast disparity between Empire and Republic players here. On Empire side its almost always a madhouse of little Lords and Darths running around while on the Republic side the Jedi have no problem meditating with the quiet serenity of empty zones. I attribute that to absolutely boring spell effects and boring gear for Jedi:p

If they consolidate servers, how do they handle duplicated character names?

How would they consolidate servers? Are there extremely heavy Republic sided servers kicking around?

If you took 5 servers worth of republics and mashed them into one server just to make it 50/50 ratio, you'd now have 5 servers completely void of republic and solely Imperial.

How would they consolidate servers? Are there extremely heavy Republic sided servers kicking around?

If you took 5 servers worth of republics and mashed them into one server just to make it 50/50 ratio, you'd now have 5 servers completely void of republic and solely Imperial.

Then they would need to add cross-server PvP.