Should we be worried?

XxPetexX

Basically I like this game. I'm frustrated with all of its problems but I want it to stick around.

But the ever growing voices of unhappy players are leading my to believe this game will not last very long just like every other MMO that isn't WoW...

Are my fears unfounded you think?

What worried me is that the game seems so desolate already. hardly any players at least not at the same place at the same time...

Basically I like this game. I'm frustrated with all of its problems but I want it to stick around.

But the ever growing voices of unhappy players are leading my to believe this game will not last very long just like every other MMO that isn't WoW...

What worried me is that the game seems so desolate already. hardly any players at least not at the same place at the same time...

Yes...12345

Ever growing? It is the same few dozen people creating and commenting on the same boring threads.

I agree with the first response.

I've had a positive experience so far. No complaints other than being green when Quinn heals me, but i know that's being fixed. I've met nothing but friendly people and the guild i'm in is very friendly and social. I'm enjoying it.

However, i'm not going to lie and say i'm not slightly worried about the MMOs that are expected to release this year. I know things in SWTOR aren't great right now, but i hope they can bring themselves up to a competitive level sometime soon. :)

Ever growing? It is the same few dozen people creating and commenting on the same boring threads.

I agree with the first response.

Same for the people defending the game dont forget that.

Theres only a handful fighting tooth and nail to save swtors face on the forums.

I do however see new people every day creating new complaint threads... not the same few dozen.

Theres only a handful fighting tooth and nail to save swtors face on the forums.

I do however see new people every day creating new complaint threads... not the same few dozen.

When it comes down to it, an MMOs forums is used more for complaining (reasonable or not) then it is for praising. Basically it goes with:

1 unhappy customer tells 10 more

1 happy customer may tell 1 other

In other words when it is a good experience, people tend to just not talk about it, but when it is bad, they want the whole world to know about it.

If you read the forums for WoW, it would make you believe that the game was failing and dying since November 2004. It took 8 years for that game to actually start to see a decline in the subs.

I see new people every day writing up "I love this game" threads. People who like the game are in the majority. I counted , I swear

IMO, you should be worried.

Once you are done with the story or multiple class stories if alts are your thing, The enjoyment deteriorates rapidly. There is nothing to do except pvp or the loot treadmill. The game worlds have no atmosphere for explorers, and harbor no discoveries or hidden gems.

That isn't any different then any other Themepark type MMO.

I see new people every day writing up "I love this game" threads. People who like the game are in the majority. I counted , I swear

This, and I personally watched him count every single thread so you can be assured that he speaks truthiness.

Seriously though, find a "QQ Im quitting" thread and search for other topics made by the thread creator. 90% of the time that person has made multiple threads of the same thing, thats a real statistic I did not pull out of any orifice.

Why would I fight tooth and nail? - too busy in the game. Only here atm because I am awaiting a pizza delivery. Those who hate the game are less likely to be playing and more likely to be spending the remaining time on their subs venting.

A lot of people like a lot of people hate.

Should you be worried? No, because even star trek online has followers.

Mind you, I doubt this game will be huge with GW2 and other great hits on the way. Even wow panda is going to make noise.

In the end, this game will always have suckers.

IMO, you should be worried.

Once you are done with the story or multiple class stories if alts are your thing, The enjoyment deteriorates rapidly. There is nothing to do except pvp or the loot treadmill. The game worlds have no atmosphere for explorers, and harbor no discoveries or hidden gems.

That isn't any different then any other Themepark type MMO.

Forums always contain a vocal minority of people displeased by the game because those who are playing and enjoying the game simply aren't posting.

Every MMO launches with bugs, compared to other MMORPG launches this one has been pretty smooth. As for being desolate, it hardly is. The player population is just spread throughout the worlds, the republic/imperial fleet, flashpoints, and warzones.

When I play during peak hours, I always see groups of people running about and the like.

You play on a dead server. Some people do, some people don't - but you do. Don't look at that population surging any time soon..... as in ever. You should probably roll on one of the more populated servers - because they aren't merging any time soon, no matter how bad it gets. They wont merge because merging servers generates bad press, it makes the game look weak. Even when you do roll on a new server it's not all that great outside fleets - you hardly ever run into the opposite faction, and when you group with people the quest flow is broken up because of so many class story lines and instancing, so people are like screw it - i'll just solo xyz.

Rift was awesome for explorers, with it's collections, it's puzzles, achievements (Even if a lot were grinds). A zone could be changed temporarily by invasions. It wasn't so static and lifeless.

But the story and characters were so weak, There never was any attachment or motivations.

It's sad that I'll make this point: WoW has fishing and archaeology. Utterly horrid to some people, but its something to do.

Both games professions mattered, you could make usable gear that wasn't just overwritten by vendor gear. There was a market for both materials and goods.

Basically: SWTOR misses the mark on all the different sub-gamers.

And SWTOR is about a month old with nothing but room to grow and expand lol.

But the ever growing voices of unhappy players are leading my to believe this game will not last very long just like every other MMO who attempts to copy WoW's gear-grind formula that isn't WoW...

Fixed that for you.

Yes, you should be concerned. There is a long list of games that have released since 2004 who try to emulate/re-create World of Warcraft's loot treadmill end-game that launched strong and flopped* shortly after.

I fear this will be no different. BioWare should have gone with something a little different rather than giving us the same old crap at the level cap.

*Suffers a massive amount of lost subscriptions.

Meh I hardly every cross paths with people on the worlds I'm leveling on, yet there is a little over 100 people on each planet regularly. A lot of the planets have multiple instances of themselves so that can cut down on seeing people drastically. I think the game will be fine in the long run. People that have issues with w/e will either continue to complain and play or just go back to their former games.