Seeing this more and more.

Badlander

What are these ppl doing. Their char will be fine but as soon as they start to lose their char starts to shimmy in place and then they vanish and show up far away from you. Their char only does this when they about to die and not before or after till they start to die again.

We were in a huttball match today, guy with the ball did this and before we new it he scored.

He had like 1% health left, char started to shimmy then vanished off screen and he ended up at the goal.

Edited by Badlander

He is not talking about the Force Pull ability. What he is talking about is the current speed hack issue where character location is determined player side, so with lag it allows your computer to update the server to the actions you made during the spike. Someone developed a hack that allows players to multiply the distance updates that the server receives so you can travel almost instantly across maps. Been a few videos posted showing people doing this... One guy scored first huttball points in less then 15 seconds. But Bioware has so far refused to acknowledge the problem.

Is it possible to force pull a member of the same team?

If thats the fact Id love to get same ablility to grapplehook teammembers outta dangerous situations, lol

I believe force pull works on allies only & grapple on enemies only.

:edit:

Very useful in huttball, you can be pulled through the snare and the mass of enemies right onto the touchline. :)

Edited by Jestunhi

Is it possible to force pull a member of the same team?

If thats the fact Id love to get same ablility to grapplehook teammembers outta dangerous situations, lol

Kinda. Sages/Sorcs have the Abilty to pull one of their own team to safety.

Edited by Kheldras

He is not talking about the Force Pull ability. What he is talking about is the current speed hack issue where character location is determined player side, so with lag it allows your computer to update the server to the actions you made during the spike. Someone developed a hack that allows players to multiply the distance updates that the server receives so you can travel almost instantly across maps. Been a few videos posted showing people doing this... One guy scored first huttball points in less then 15 seconds. But Bioware has so far refused to acknowledge the problem.

Got any vids of this? Just curious to watch them.

Wow, I just thought it was a glitch or lag or something; didn't realize it was a hack.

What's worse, when this happens, you lose target lock on the player. I've been hitting "Stealth Scan" LOL. Which confused me, since I was pretty sure some of the players I saw doing it weren't stealth classes!

Usually they reappear moments later, not too far from where they were about to die anyhow.

:D

ps. on a related note, is there any quick and easy way to report players? (other than opening a ticket and choosing "report player?")

Edited by Feskitt